Extracting a single experiment from a science container/ close review window

I think the answer is negative but I'll ask:

1. How can I transfer a single experiment from one science container to another container or to a Kerbal on EVA?
  2. How can I close the experiment review window without clicking "keep experiment" repeatedly? One way: enter and exit "edit action groups"

This is so dumb it hurts.

Edited by Krazy1
answer #2

Both of these things have been brought up as suggestions for the devs to add to the game, repeatedly.

But, as far as I know, #1 is still impossible. Experiments can only be grabbed in batches from one container to another. The only "filter" that you can add to that statement is that some containers can contain infinite numbers of copies of the same experiment, and other containers can only contain one copy. So if you have lots of copies of lots of experiments, you can use that fact to make multiple containers with only one copy each. You can use that as a technique to separate out one "complete set" to return to KSC for science credit, and one to send to an MPL for even more credit, for example.

For #2, it's been a long time since I've done it, but as I recall -- if you are in the middle of examining experiment results, and you right click on any part or kerbal on the screen, and open its context menu, then the experiment screen closes. It's not intuitive, and from a user's point of view it looks potentially dangerous, but it works.

Thanks @bewing That's unfortunate.

56 minutes ago, bewing said:

The only "filter" that you can add to that statement is that some containers can contain infinite numbers of copies of the same experiment, and other containers can only contain one copy.

I often get multiple copies in separate containers: run experiments, "collect all" on one ESU or probe core with science storage, run experiments again, collect all with another container. The second container does not take any duplicates from the first container, so you have 2 separate copies of the experiments. But I haven't seen multiple copies of the same experiment in the same container. 

1 hour ago, bewing said:

For #2, it's been a long time since I've done it, but as I recall -- if you are in the middle of examining experiment results, and you right click on any part or kerbal on the screen, and open its context menu, then the experiment screen closes. It's not intuitive, and from a user's point of view it looks potentially dangerous, but it works.

Heck... I've been trying to work that out for years.  Thanks.   My mother ships often have 100 or so experiments stored on them.... that gets annoying real fast.

1 hour ago, Krazy1 said:

But I haven't seen multiple copies of the same experiment in the same container.

Kerbals and MPLs are both science containers that can store infinite numbers of copies of the same experiment.

2 hours ago, bewing said:

I was not able to get right-clicking something to work. BUT I did just find that clicking the hammer-wrench icon and "edit action groups" and then exiting that menu does close the experiment review window. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.