Is there a mod that automatically refuels your craft once it enters the KSC compound?

RandomKerbal

mmh for rockets you can use Modular Launchpad, you have some objects like Fuel Arm that actually refuels your tank when activated. You can write a Kos script for that if you like roleplay. Like in real life, you can load your rocket with no fuel and wait for the refueling before launch. If you wished to land with an airplane and refuel there, well you can make a refueling vehicle and script it to go near your aircraft when landed, then use some KAS joint objects to attach your plane to the refueling truck

Edited by SpaceCarmelo
correction

24 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

... in a game with little green astronauts ;)

If Hyperedit is too easy, use KIS/KAS with a fuel truck that you build from rover parts. There are mods for ground trucks.

Sometimes you can't drive a stock 100+ parts truck to a 500+ parts SSTO, with some other stuffs scattered around, and a walking kerbal, can you?

Edited by RandomKerbal

1 hour ago, RandomKerbal said:

Sometimes you can't drive a stock 100+ parts truck to a 500+ parts SSTO, with some other stuffs scattered around, and a walking kerbal, can you?

Well...you CAN but the kraken nor your computer won’t like that....

Edited by Lewie

On 8/8/2020 at 1:37 AM, RandomKerbal said:

It's not realistic.

I don't see the problem with this.   I park my craft on the pad, and I know in the VAB the support vehicles are all automated, so I go grab a drink from the fridge, come back, time warp a bit if I really want to add the time it takes to refuel something, and then refuel the vessel via hyper edit.  

I would be more annoyed with a mod that forces some time delay to the refueling if it occurs during a gameplay that I really don't want it.   Options are options, but it's more unrealistic to go changing options during a game. 

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You don't need a 100+ part truck to carry a tank.

This.   You can get by with a dozen or so part vehicle.  Just use the tank itself as the chassis, slap a cuppola on the front, some wheels, fuel cells, and batteries, and you're good to go!

But then comes the question..... how do you fuel the fuel truck?   You can despawn it and respawn it, but if you're trying to simulate an active spaceport, this nerfs the realism just as much as despawning and respawning the original craft.   Might as well use hyperedit.

Now if we are writing a mod to do this, I would say limit it to a few places, in front of the SPH, and on top of the VAB, and maybe a couple others.   When you are parked in these locations, a window pops up asking if you want to refuel, and what resources (I might not want to add Ore or something like that).    But until that mod is made, your best bet is Hyperedit. 

If I were to write this (I'm  not), I'd make a large fuel tank which can be transported and placed down, it would then slowly expand over time to full size.  It would hold a finite amount of fuel.   Anything within a certain distance could be refueled, after which the tank will either fill by itself (if at a facility) or could be refueled by an ISRU and Ore.

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:
On 8/9/2020 at 5:37 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

You don't need a 100+ part truck to carry a tank.

This.   You can get by with a dozen or so part vehicle.  Just use the tank itself as the chassis, slap a cuppola on the front, some wheels, fuel cells, and batteries, and you're good to go!

Yeah, I know...

@RandomKerbal @linuxgurugamer That mod exists. Note: it does not subtract funds when it operates. You get free fuel.

@theJesuit KK allows you to have fuel tank statics so you can buy and sell fuel for the active vessel in flight. Rather than have a fuel truck, drive your craft into range of this static (300m) or land it within range if it can't taxi around, and click in the fuel UI (like going to a gas station IRL). KSC Extended and JNSQ have these at their space centers.

On 8/9/2020 at 3:37 PM, Gargamel said:

But then comes the question..... how do you fuel the fuel truck?

Assuming you're willing and able to install KK and setup a fuel depot, that's how you fuel the fuel truck.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

A slightly different suggestion to what has been said before:

Simple Logistics allows resources to be shifted between nearby landed vessels. Just launch a new tanker vehicle full of fuel, park it vaguely near your rocket and plug it in to the SL network, use SL UI to transfer fuel to the rocket. No additional parts required as SL works with pretty much every part with a control point and no need to connect the two together with anything so it reduces the kraken factor. It can also be done anywhere you like including other planets so it's beneficial for mining fuel on other planets/moons; I used it to mine fuel on Ike and refuel a Duna/Ike interplanetary ship by leaving the mining ship on Ike permanently and using drone fuel ships to carry the fuel to the main ship.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.