[1.9.1+] OPT Spaceplane Continued 3.1.1 [Mar 06, 2021] [Update time!]

JadeOfMaar

do i need b9 part switch if im just using wbi. because my current install (ive been away a while havin kids) dosent work without or with. if its not there, no options, if it is installed, i can only use the b9 switcher even though i can see the button for wbi, it dose nothing when i click on it

Hey, i think theres a bug with one of the MM configs. If i have Snacks alone enabled, then it works fine. Or if i have ALL the snacks submodules (Stress, hydrazine, and air) enabled, it works.  But if i enable Snacks Stress.cfg, but keep Snacks Air.cfg disabled, it errors. i think a certain patch is maybe configured wrong that ends up giving air too parts even when i have air disabled.

heres the error in game:

Spoiler

9JV7YUo.png

KSP log (theres a bunch of spam in it but i assume thats just from b9 partswitch fatal error) : https://gist.github.com/ee66b88c2c94559ba5935e21bb5bcae4

Edited by 123nick

On 7/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, 123nick said:

Hey, i think theres a bug with one of the MM configs. If i have Snacks alone enabled, then it works fine. Or if i have ALL the snacks submodules (Stress, hydrazine, and air) enabled, it works.  But if i enable Snacks Stress.cfg, but keep Snacks Air.cfg disabled, it errors. i think a certain patch is maybe configured wrong that ends up giving air too parts even when i have air disabled.

I found the source. It's the :FOR[SnacksFreshAir] that occurs in the Snacks mod's own Stress.cfg when it's enabled. Change that to :NEEDS[SnacksFreshAir] or :AFTER[SnacksFreshAir] to fix it.

Hi there, I love you mod! I do, however, have a couple minor part requests! 

One would be something akin to the stock shielded docking port, but without the docking port: just a lid that gets out of it's own way, basically. I've combined some of the multi-adapters in OPT with some structural fuselages in order to make concealed weapon ports. I've found nice MKII fuselage covers like that, and I love all the OPT options, but there's nothing for 1.25M, which I'd specifically like for use with the J-MKII Adapter -- It looks great with some laser cannons in those side slots. 

Another would be a lifted bridge mount (I don't know what else to call it). The flagship I'm currently building is composed of OPT K parts with mounted H parts, then two long right-angle triangles with the correct rotation to make a beam for a lifted J-sized command bridge. It would be nice to get something that is meant for that task (including mounting points), either as a single structure wider than stock wings, or better yet as a platform with two such lugs, kind of like a US power plug, but instead of a cord coming out, it's just a 2.5M dick with a mounting point (if that makes any sense).

Finally, I'd like to see just a few OPT-to-OPT mono-adapters. (K-J, J-MKII, etc). I do like the multi-adapters, and it's been very nice for both forward and rear weapons and radar mountings, but I'd also like to be able to make a more streamlined ship that maybe doesn't need those, and in that case I don't like just tossing nose cones on-top of those extra slots, I'd rather just not have them. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, even if you don't have the time to act on it! If you're interested in anything but I wasn't able to explain it well enough, let me know, I'll try again or possibly upload a sketch. 

Peace!

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2021 at 8:23 AM, Zerolera said:

but I already have restock, (and plus too) why they see like that? 

oh. I can't say, except that usually Restock's depth mask shader (the thing that causes the cavities to draw properly) works fine but sometimes it will malfunction and stop working for me, and I know one guy who the shader seems to never work for.

31 minutes ago, Wolves_Hero said:

Broken mod on 1.12.2 no fuel on tanks, no options on any fuel tanks. other plane mod & normal worked fine. I used Real fuel mod.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Well, that's strange, i am using OPT in  1.12.2 and it's working all fine! maybe because i don't use Real Fuels... are they even supported by OPT Spaceplanes?

17 hours ago, Wolves_Hero said:

Broken mod on 1.12.2 no fuel on tanks, no options on any fuel tanks. other plane mod & normal worked fine. I used Real fuel mod.

Something is broken but not OPT. The fact that there is only one PAW button (and that button is from a mod, is not stock) on the tank makes that clear. Experience tells me to suspect funky patches in KSPIE whenever it's installed and bad things happen.

bQ6u3V8.png

16 hours ago, Davi SDF said:

Well, that's strange, i am using OPT in  1.12.2 and it's working all fine! maybe because i don't use Real Fuels... are they even supported by OPT Spaceplanes?

OPT has supported RealFuels as long as OPT Reconfig has existed.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Something is broken but not OPT. The fact that there is only one PAW button (and that button is from a mod, is not stock) on the tank makes that clear. Experience tells me to suspect funky patches in KSPIE whenever it's installed and bad things happen.

bQ6u3V8.png

OPT has supported RealFuels as long as OPT Reconfig has existed.

OPT Reconfig was not included main OPT mod, I download worked now fuel options.

2 hours ago, Wolves_Hero said:

OPT Reconfig was not included main OPT mod

And that is because OPT Reconfig is a very small download containing only configs and which affects the two OPT parts packs. It's easier and more sensible to post updates to Reconfig without the weight of the parts packs.

On the subject of OPT and RealFuels compatibility: The RO Cryoengines patch will be updated to detect RealFuels and not just RealismOverhaul. Some engines will also get to choose between Hydrolox and Methalox. Currently only the aerospikes are in mind. The ARI engines too, possibly. If any air-breathing engines qualify, let me know.

On 3/7/2021 at 8:51 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

This is due to System Heat and its generic extras patch that changes -all- compatible resource converter modules into system heat converters. Unfortunately I cannot provide for both cases at once where users do and do not install that extra config so for the time being, you must install that for yourself to relieve this problem. 

You're welcome BTW :D

Hi @JadeOfMaar (or @Nertea), I'm not very module-saavy, could you explain exactly how to get past this seeming conflict between OPT and System Heat?

Heh, I think I must have something else going on.  (I've got 3.4.1.)   I'm going to see if I can disable stuff until I get stable again:

* Fixed lingering OPT SAS problem(s).
* Fixed excessive EC demand of 2.5m Dark Energy power sphere's Dark Goo regeneration.
* Increased drag power of OPT airbrakes.

* Fixed lingering OPT SAS problem(s).
* Fixed excessive EC demand of 2.5m Dark Energy power sphere's Dark Goo regeneration.
* Increased drag power of OPT airbrakes.

I'm also seeing some other strange errors:

[WRN 15:14:58.071] Warning on PartSubtype Ore on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='DarkMassInput') on part engine.darkDrive: Could not find matching module
[EXC 15:14:58.077] Exception: Could not find matching module
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <2aacd5f344de4b4cbd0690767697fdd6>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <2aacd5f344de4b4cbd0690767697fdd6>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <2aacd5f344de4b4cbd0690767697fdd6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch, Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes(Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:GetInfo()
	PartLoader:CompilePartInfo(AvailablePart, Part)
	<CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

How does one go about 'debugging' the B9 tank types?  I'm trying to copy CRP/FFT.cfg to add a KARBWATER (Karborundum+Water) tank type.  I'm seeing

[LOG 19:06:07.582] B9TankSettings: registered tank type KARBWATER

In my ksp.log, but I'm not seeing it added to the in-game B9 part switcher.  A relevant section looks like this...does this seem right?

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
    name = KARBWATER
    title = Karborundum + Water
    tankMass = 0.000125
    tankCost = 0.25

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Karborundum
        unitsPerVolume = 0.98
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        unitsPerVolume = 0.02
    }
}

@PART:HAS[#manufacturer[OPT*Division],@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],#TankTag[OPT*]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,KarbonitePlus]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[OPTwing]]
    {
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = KARBWATER
            tankType = KARBWATER
        }
    }
}

16 hours ago, grisby_2133 said:

I'm also seeing some other strange errors:

[WRN 15:14:58.071] Warning on PartSubtype Ore on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='DarkMassInput') on part engine.darkDrive: Could not find matching module
[EXC 15:14:58.077] Exception: Could not find matching module
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <2aacd5f344de4b4cbd0690767697fdd6>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <2aacd5f344de4b4cbd0690767697fdd6>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <2aacd5f344de4b4cbd0690767697fdd6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch, Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes(Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:GetInfo()
	PartLoader:CompilePartInfo(AvailablePart, Part)
	<CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

If you open GameData/OPT_Reconfig/Resources/DarkDriveOption_01.cfg you should see this line at the very top which prevents the B9 module existing that has the System Heat problem:

@PART[engine_darkDrive]:HAS[#FeatureBiasA[0]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,!SystemHeatConverters]

If you indeed have this then I must assume that you install mod updates by dragging the new folder in and not deleting the old folder, which means you may have obsolete config files which should no longer exist. There is the source of your problem.

If that is not the case, and something very foreign really is going on then save this anywhere in GameData:

@PART[engine_darkDrive]:AFTER[SystemHeatConverters]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		@SUBTYPE,*
		{
			@MODULE
			{
				@IDENTIFIER[ModuleResourceConverter]
				{
					@name = ModuleSystemHeatConverter
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

12 hours ago, grisby_2133 said:

In my ksp.log, but I'm not seeing it added to the in-game B9 part switcher.  A relevant section looks like this...does this seem right?

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
    name = KARBWATER
    tankMass = 0.000125
    tankCost = 0.25

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Karborundum
        unitsPerVolume = 0.98
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        unitsPerVolume = 0.02
    }
}

@PART:HAS[#manufacturer[OPT*Division],@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],#TankTag[OPT*]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,KarbonitePlus]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[OPTwing]]
    {
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = KARBWATER
            tankType = KARBWATER
        }
    }
}

As for this, you should see your option at the end of the selection for any OPT wings that have fuel switching. If it does not appear then the patch is running before the B9 module exists, so do this:

// change this

// to this
@PART:HAS[#manufacturer[OPT*Division],@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],#TankTag[OPT*]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,KarbonitePlus]:AFTER[OPT_Reconfig]

Thanks @JadeOfMaar for the AFTER clause trick!  Thanks so much for your time and willingness to help!

Re. the DarkDrive—this is a new install, I just set it up.  I threw a bunch of mods in there, all re-downloaded…my previous game is 1.3.1, so it's old enough that I can't really bring anything over.

I'll see about going through my mods one by one to see which is the culprit.