[1.9.1+] OPT Spaceplane Continued 3.4.9.2 (beta) [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

Any Chance for an integration patch for the Snacks mod?

All cockpits currently have extremely low snack and soil tank sizes

Also,  am I being stupid and missing a part, or is there no inline docking part for the Type K fuselage parts?

Edited by RB101

19 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@Dhruv mae sure you have both dependency mods installed, B9PartSwitch and OPT Reconfig...
You may also need to have Community Resource Pack installed

Problem solved! I bought a new PC to play with:D

Jokes aside, I didn't update to 12.4. Now works....

It appears some of the cockpits have the wrong IVA models, particularly the K versions.

The effect is that of two models overlapping when activating the cutout view, and also notice the external window lighting doesn't work with the wrong model ones. From inside, you can see the outer geometry we are clipped inside of.

Here are the ones I've noticed:

K Avatar - Uses K Space Plane model
K TAV Shuttle - Uses K Space Plane model
K Space Plane - Correct model but misaligned

J (All) - All correct, but misaligned

2.5m (All) - Correct

Mk 2 (OPT Version) - Correct

Side note: I'm new to OPT, but are there no H cockpits?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I tried to search if this issue has been asked after before.
The RealFuels configs don't seem to be working correctly for me.  Some parts use kerosene and others use liquid hydrogen (with/without oxygen) which is fine; but some of them which have alternate modes (for ex. Valkyrie Tilt engines) use hydrogen in one mode and kerosene in the other.

For example the Valkyrie engines are using lqdHydryogen in one mode, and then swap to keresene+LOx for its second fuel instead of hydrogen+oxygen.

Also, most RCS are using liquid hydrogen and oxidizer, not liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen.

These are the engine or other related mods I'm using: OPT, Real Fuel (but not Realism Overhaul),  all of the Near Future mods, System Heat, Cryogenic Engines, Waterfall, and RealPlumes.

How can I fix or edit the config files to make sure engines are consistent in what fuels they need when switching modes / open to closedCycle.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RB101 said:

Does anyone know what the "cooler" recourse for the "nebula shock intake" and "nebula shcramjet" is used for?

It's an open cycle thermal control mechanic which tries to embody the idea of using the engine to dump waste heat from reentry shock or onboard reactors. The engine merely produces it while running but the intake can produce it by being fed with a propellant (like Starship sweating Methane for a heatshield) or possible other substances. The intake is an active radiator which runs on "Cooler" and ablates it so it can reject heat very well in thin atmosphere.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

KSP 1.12. (the last) OPT 1.11.( the last)
k.7.m-cargoTail.variant
missing

Hello i have a very weird issue, noticed only today and still trying to replicate HOW it happend.
On a clean install no issue.

But on a modded game the issue appear at random. And once it happens no amount of reinstall seems to work: the two k tailcargo parts disappear.
the files are still in the opt game folder but the game doesn't install them and anything built with them is broken. AFAIK those two are the only two parts in OPT with this issue, the two KH tail part have no issue.

So the issue might be in a MM or something else..
The issue seems to persistent on all versions i tried so far.
I haven't found any internal log of the event or any way to discern WHY and WHEN it happened..

Hi there, 

These modparts seem to look very great. I dare to ask some questions.

Does OPT come with full (simpler) IVAs, even if RPM / ASET are not installed?

Does OPT Cont. /Reconf. change properties of other parts, that are not exclusively opt parts, eg. stock parts?

Are engineplumes waterfallized?

Are there any know hard incompatibilities? I ask, because i already have a heavily modded install (e.g. with Nertea's parts, BDA+, Angel-125s mods, Benjees mod,... and some of them also alter properties od stock parts, e.g. enabling them to switch fuels etc.)... anything that would break my mod package if I added OPT to it?

If I already had texture flickering (like in some intakeparts from JadeOf Maar's KARE mod), will I have the same depthmask issues here?

Edited by Rakete

On 12/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, Rakete said:

Hi there, 

These modparts seem to look very great. I dare to ask some questions.

Does OPT come with full (simpler) IVAs, even if RPM / ASET are not installed?

Does OPT Cont. /Reconf. change properties of other parts, that are not exclusively opt parts, eg. stock parts?

Are engineplumes waterfallized?

Are there any know hard incompatibilities? I ask, because i already have a heavily modded install (e.g. with Nertea's parts, BDA+, Angel-125s mods, Benjees mod,... and some of them also alter properties od stock parts, e.g. enabling them to switch fuels etc.)... anything that would break my mod package if I added OPT to it?

If I already had texture flickering (like in some intakeparts from JadeOf Maar's KARE mod), will I have the same depthmask issues here?

Hi again. :D

1. About OPT's IVAs. The opening post answers your question. RPM and ASET are only prop packs--they only supply control panels to the dashboards. Without them the IVAs still exist... Except for the parts that just don't have IVA, like the K cabin and K lab. I made those but I don't make IVAs.OPT  0VzmOkY.png
  2. OPT does not affect any parts outside of OPT.
  3. No Waterfall. Sorry.
  4. I'm not aware of any hard incompatibilities, personally. Hopefully someone else has this answer if there is one.
  5. If you have DepthMask issues with any mod, expect them with every mod that uses DepthMasks. It makes the most sense that you have a GPU issue.

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

If you have DepthMask issues with any mod, expect them with every mod that uses DepthMasks. It makes the most sense that you have a GPU issue.

The depthmask (at least what you said in the KARE threat, that it was an issue of the depthmask) issues I had only happend in flight - in the VAB all looked good. Doesn't sound like a gpu defect, since all other graphics in all other applications and games on my pc work perfectly. 

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

The depthmask (at least what you said in the KARE threat, that it was an issue of the depthmask) issues I had only happend in flight - in the VAB all looked good. Doesn't sound like a gpu defect, since all other graphics in all other applications and games on my pc work perfectly. 

Alright. I've always figured it's like that since I asked 2 other people who had this problem, on Discord, and they said they always have DepthMask problems too.

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Alright. I've always figured it's like that since I asked 2 other people who had this problem, on Discord, and they said they always have DepthMask problems too.

Seems like a wider spread issue. Maybe some bug/issue in one of the graphics driver and stuff... i mean, i run a gtx 1060 6 gb... it does its jobs still quite okay

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded this a while back i used it almost everyday, and i decided to clean my mods folder and delete all the mods, i reinstalled this and the dark drive is missing from the parts, its in the OPT folder but ingame its not there i dont know if i downloaded wrong or what.

Been getting back to playing KSP so I'm hyped up for the KSP2 stuff, and while trying to update things from when I played last, I noticed a new feature on some of my OPT engines for a Turbine Fuel mix, which allows the air breathing mode to use LH2+Air or LH2O+Atm. However, normally the engine runs off LF/LFO. I have all of Nertea's mods, and a couple others... but any idea where this came from? Is it part of OPT in some way, or some other mod that someone might know of? Looks like the feature is intended, but not sure where the fuel issue came from. I know several of Nertea's mods swap LFO to LH2 (and some patches to swap some back), so maybe I just need the correct magic mix of patches/mods?

I'd like to sync it up so the engine is using a consistent fuel (preferably LF/LFO, but LH2/LH2O is workable).

Edited by AmpCat

@WhoTookZero I must assume you unknowingly installed all of Reconfig's extras configs which include LessHandwavium and ZeroHandwavium. These will nerf and delete engines.

@AmpCat I must assume you unknowingly installed all of Reconfig's extras configs which include OPTReconfigCryoEngines which forces engines to use LH2, not caring for the presence of Nertea's mods.

@JadeOfMaar, I was digging through all the config files, and I did run across a lot of configs in the root folder of Reconfig, which seemed odd, since often they're in subfolders. Are those the optional patches? Maybe I missed a note somewhere. I don't see OPTReconfigCryoEngines, however. While digging through the subfolders, I found several references to these air breathing turbines, one of them setting the fuel to Propellium (I think?), while most were LF. There was one called OPT_IntakeAtm_CryoEngine.cfg in the CRP folder that has tags like this:

@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
                    {
                        @name = LqdHydrogen
                        @ratio = 1.5
                    }

It's been a few years since I've fiddled with the config files, but is that remapping the fuel?

Edit: I removed said CFG and it seeeeeems to have fixed it, but I don't know for sure if that was an optional config or important.

Edited by AmpCat

On 1/20/2023 at 11:26 AM, WhoTookZero said:

@JadeOfMaarAhh so that's it thanks! also do you have like a manual or something to use this mod? i have been really struggling with the new features and items, what they do what they need blah blah.

Sorry, no. I figure it wouldn't be necessary to make one. The features, namely within engines, I tend to write adequate descriptions for those, and the filenames of those patches give a clear hint at their effects. The Dark Drive is the most handwavium of OPT engines. ZeroHandwavium = this engine probably goes poof.

On 1/20/2023 at 12:36 AM, AmpCat said:

and I did run across a lot of configs in the root folder of Reconfig, which seemed odd, since often they're in subfolders. Are those the optional patches? Maybe I missed a note somewhere. I don't see OPTReconfigCryoEngines, however. While digging through the subfolders, I found several references to these air breathing turbines, one of them setting the fuel to Propellium (I think?), while most were LF. There was one called OPT_IntakeAtm_CryoEngine.cfg in the CRP folder that has tags like this:

I don't see the need to put them in subfolders. They're all patches that affect the parts of the same mod (OPT) not parts from other mods (like other mods with lots of compat configs will typically do). Most of them (typically) only activate when the mod they're named for is also installed.

I've spun myself into too thick a spider web with compat and balance patches for OPT. The pain is called "Needs to be compatible with too many things" and is caused by "This mod is too useful." I could rewrite and fix all the configs but it's too much effort and my ambitions are elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

@eagleswing12 Hi there. Try doing a search of the contents of your GameData folder, or open this file ( <KSP Folder>\Logs\ModuleManager\MMPatch.log ) and search for this string: ":FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]" If it is found in either case, there is a mod that supplies a patch that says "this patch is part of FAR so FAR is installed." If you find it in the MMPatch.log the same line will show you the path to this patch. All paths are relative to GameData.

41 minutes ago, eagleswing12 said:

Thank you! I'm sorry if my original message was rude. Thank you so much for the help!

You're welcome. And it's no problem. I assume you did indeed have a mod that had such a patch? Please share the path to the config so I can investigate and possibly inform the mod owner.