CURRENTLY ABANDONED [1.9.x-1.10.x][0.5] Japris Stellar Neighborhood [12/30/20]

DunaManiac

Just now, DunaManiac said:

I think so too, it's actually pretty good.

Also, I've been thinking of making a 3rd mod using the techniques I've learned in this one. I'm calling it: New Heavens.

Good idea! I remember you mentioned that, but I can’t remember the fine details. After playing with Japris, I’m certain it would be pretty stupendous!

(And I’m out of likes. Darn it! :mad:)

8 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Good idea! I remember you mentioned that, but I can’t remember the fine details. After playing with Japris, I’m certain it would be pretty stupendous!

It's based off Retuo which is based off GP3. Basically, Kerbin orbits a super Kerbin.

8 minutes ago, Lewie said:

(And I’m out of likes. Darn it! :mad:)

Aw man! Sometimes I wonder why there is a limit in the first place.

Edited by DunaManiac

3 hours ago, Souptime said:

Planet modding looks easy but i know it isnt, do you just need a config file and a height map and biome map for a small planet? what about rings?

Don't forget a color map, otherwise it'll look like it's template.

For rings, rings have their own node in the config. They need a 1x1024 or 1x2048 texture

Remember, texturing takes a lot of work and practice, along with the right tools.

This is the Kopernicus Documentation, it's proven to be a life saver for planet modding!

https://kopernicus.github.io/wiki/

• 3 weeks later...

this looks like a great mod but one thing i could think about is that some of the bodies seem a bit to close together and with the 2nd star being at jools orbit it makes the systems very densely packed. i under stand the want to not need a warp drive but one thing you could do is spread the star systems out a bit and have wormholes in every system. but this mod looks AMAZING i will definitely be keeping an eye on this mods progress.

8 hours ago, zeilden said:

this looks like a great mod but one thing i could think about is that some of the bodies seem a bit to close together and with the 2nd star being at jools orbit it makes the systems very densely packed. i under stand the want to not need a warp drive but one thing you could do is spread the star systems out a bit and have wormholes in every system. but this mod looks AMAZING i will definitely be keeping an eye on this mods progress.

To solve that, I just added a couple zeros to the config file...lmao....and it really is a great mod, you’ve got a great point there.

Edited by Lewie

Presenting Mystery Moon #2!

NtP8A4G.png

The moon is very red in color, caused by the rock glowing red rot from it's proximity to Arayya.

zVUvdKj.png

The moon also has noticeable ridges near it's mountains, which are the result of possible volcanic activity in the past.

PsHWOg6.png

JIZSeJ4.png

I hope you like the moon!

yJK0sDJ.png 

LWCywBz.png

A transit of a planet orbiting Arayya, or a moon....

O4THcUB.png]

Enjoy! Mystery Moon #3 coming soon....

1 hour ago, DunaManiac said:

~snip~

There is something that is bothering me. If the rock is red-hot, either there should be volcanic activity there, which would smooth it out, or the molten rock would reshape into something smoother. Either way, I don't think it should be that jagged. But it's cool anyways.

11 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

There is something that is bothering me. If the rock is red-hot, either there should be volcanic activity there, which would smooth it out, or the molten rock would reshape into something smoother. Either way, I don't think it should be that jagged. But it's cool anyways.

It is a very small moon, smaller than bold and minmus, so It would make sense that it's very jagged. Also, Volcanic Activity occurs when the core is molten. Here it's not that the core is molten, it's just that the surface is red-hot, so the rocks maintain their integrity.

But I agree, it's not that realistic, but it's still a good moon anyways.

Looks like this thread is ok...

But on my screen it looks a little squashed, that can be dealt with.

Anyways, since 0.3 is releasing today or tomorrow, I'm finally revealing the names of the mystery moons and a breakdown of 0.3!

Crucible has been revamped! It's appearance has been changed and it now has 3 moons for you to explore, each with unique textures.

DQ4hmjD.png

Magmina. A lava moon, it has pretty cool looking terrain in my opinion. It looks a lot like Venus, which is the point, and it's terrain consists of yellow to red to black, and it looks pretty cool in my opinion. As the largest of the 3 moons of crucible, it's the only one large enough to hold on to a thin atmosphere, about 0.2 atm, or a little thicker than Zep's.

yrDws56.png

F8ctop7.png

Sut. A midsized moon, smaller than the Mun (in stock) but a little bit more gravity. It's unique for it's terrain being almost entirely black. (If it looks like a black sphere, increase your brightness). It has no atmosphere. Due to it's small size and color, it is extremely hard to see it from the surface of Magmina or Hote. The only time when it is visible is when it passes in front of the milky way or a transit occurs between Arayya and Sut. (Yes, this is possible). It is the second major moon and second farthest moon away from Crucible.

ofU3kR6.png

4zFtz87.png

O4THcUB.png

Hote is the smallest and farthest moon from Crucible. With it's 25km radius it dwarfs gilly but is smaller than even Bold! It's surface is a reddish color due to the heat from Arayya, which causes it's surface to be red hot. It's inclined orbit allows for unique views of Crucible and it's major moons.

NtP8A4G.png

Finally, Fuischa's texture has been revamped (thanks to @Misguided_Kerbal). It's rings and moons haven't changed, so feel free to revisit Fuischa and look back at it's gorgeous appearance.

ZQHJp58.png

Additionally, a couple of bugs have been fixed, such as Crucible's buggy atmosphere.

0.3 releases soon! So stay tuned for that announcement!

On 10/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, zeilden said:

By the way, the orbit's of the stars are much much farther away than Jool, Jool in fact is in its normal position for comparison.

0.3 has been released!

Gameplay Changes:

1. Fuischa and Crucible have been revamped.

2.  Magmina, Sut, and Hote have been added as moons of Crucible.

Bugfixes:

1. Crucible has had it's atmosphere changed to something more realistic and the bugs plaguing it's atmosphere should be resolved.

I'm really excited for this update because until now all that the Arayya system has been is just leftover stock planets and a lone hot jool. Enjoy Crucible's new look and it's compliment of moons!

Edited by DunaManiac

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.