No procedural wings = no buy. Simple.

Vegatoxi

Look here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/977920/Balsa_Model_Flight_Simulator/

Is says it's "From the creator of KSP"
And it has...  PROCEDURAL WINGS!!!

Which is still not implemet to KSP and i dont seen any signs of it in KSP 2

So here's the simple message to KSP 2 Devs: if you cant add such basic thing, your game not worht ot buy AT ALL!!!

Cheers.

I don't see how a new game from the original creator of KSP has anything to do with KSP itself.

I want procedural wings but I can see the argument behind wanting/not wanting them and no, they're not a "basic thing", they're a different design direction from what KSP has always been.

A change in direction that I would personally like but a big one nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

It's really not, but I guess it would be a nice feature.

But not enough to not buy the game over.

Did you see current wingset?

It's ugly. (same as gears)

For such game in 2020 it's unexuseable to miss this feature

BTW procedural wings was in a mod for KSP  back in 2013 or 2014

Why it's still not native feature?

8 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

For the same reason why there aren't procedural tanks, because of it's the design element that the developers chose.

9 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

In defense of gear, I'd say it's actually all right. At least it's better than it used to be.

Also, I don't care if you don't buy it, but I'm pretty sure that procedural wings will not be in KSP2.

My proof?

This:

b0k5aJP.png

If you notice, different wing sizes and shapes. Not quite procedural wings, but a much better selection than before.

2 hours ago, Brofessional said:

There are valid arguments both for and against procedural wings and other parts. If the devs decide not to have them there will no doubt be a mod to accommodate those who want them.

Mods can be abandoned.

And you nedd to wait until it's update every patch.

I have a lot of pain in the ass with this in original game.

I cant get the point why devs cant add this in case when mod makers can.

7 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

Mods can be abandoned.

And you nedd to wait until it's update every patch.

I have a lot of pain in the ass with this in original game.

I cant get the point why devs cant add this in case when mod makers can.

You literally don't; you can copy and paste your KSP install to another folder and version lock yourself. And this will very likely be the case with KSP2.

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

@Vegatoxi

1. You are aware that the guy who first thought up ksp and the game you linked has not been with squad for many years right or that Squad has absolutely nothing at all to do with KSP2 right?

2. As others have said no one cares if you are noping out of ksp2 because some arbitrary feature may or may not be there for any number of reasons. Me for example, i have a laundry list of things i would love, things i think are mandatory, to see is ksp2, but if they are not, im certain will be modded in. Its ridiculous to say if x isnt in i refuse to buy. 

as linuxgurugamer said: they likely are not concerned about it. Buy or not its your call. I for one plan on it.

12 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

Did you see current wingset?

For such game in 2020 it's unexuseable to miss this feature

BTW procedural wings was in a mod for KSP  back in 2013 or 2014

kinda true about stock wingset. unplayable. for this reason Airplane Plus is pretty much stock for me. i really hope procedural wing will be implemented in ksp2.

Yeah, skipping out on stock procedural wings was pretty stupid, it looks like we won't get new parts other than the interstellar stuff. Matt lower will be disappointed at the lack of love spaceplanes get in the sequel, no procedural wings no 2.5 meter rapier, no bigger plane parts, no robotics (I'm not totally sure, but that's what I would guess,) no 5 meter tanks (I'm not totally sure, but that's what I would guess.) And with waiting for 2021 this game will almost feel like a downgrade. I won't buy for a month after it comes out and just watch videos to judge the quality and wait for essential mods to get ported. And on the wings, come on intercept people have built such cool stuff with fairings, but imagine what could be built with procedural wings and panels. Starwars craft that don't rely on tweakscale, have 1000 parts, or both. Big ssto's that aren't impossible to fly due to lag. Big structures that aren't stuck to the ground, flying colleseum anyone? But you get the point, there not a deal breaker but there pretty close.

Edited by catloaf

11 minutes ago, catloaf said:

And with waiting for 2021 this game will almost feel like a downgrade.

I hope you forget a /s somewhere because you can't be serious.

1. They've shown nothing about spaceplanes except for a single cockpit/plane, so we can't assume anything about what's missing.
  2. Having procedural parts is a design choice, not a natural evolution of a single parts system.
  3. Last time they talked about DLCs content not being in KSP2 at the beginning they had 6 months to ship the game and it was an year ago.
  4. I don't know where you picked that "No 5 meter tanks", we've already seen parts bigger than the VAB and they said "two more size categories" in one of the very firsts interviews (we don't know if those two size categories are including 5m or not).
  5. Yes, we could use more plane parts, but as a spaceplane lover I have to admit that we have more parts dedicated to planes than parts for rover, rockets, bases and stations together. I can understand the dev if they focus on what is actually missing from KSP: more than 4 parts dedicated to bases and stations (the cupola, the hubmax, the hitchhiker and the docking port sr). Remember that  basically all stock giant station, spaceship or colony is always made out of plane parts. 

59 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Yeah, skipping out on stock procedural wings was pretty stupid, it looks like we won't get new parts other than the interstellar stuff. Matt lower will be disappointed at the lack of love spaceplanes get in the sequel, no procedural wings no 2.5 meter rapier, no bigger plane parts, no robotics (I'm not totally sure, but that's what I would guess,) no 5 meter tanks (I'm not totally sure, but that's what I would guess.) And with waiting for 2021 this game will almost feel like a downgrade. I won't buy for a month after it comes out and just watch videos to judge the quality and wait for essential mods to get ported. And on the wings, come on intercept people have built such cool stuff with fairings, but imagine what could be built with procedural wings and panels. Starwars craft that don't rely on tweakscale, have 1000 parts, or both. Big ssto's that aren't impossible to fly due to lag. Big structures that aren't stuck to the ground, flying colleseum anyone? But you get the point, there not a deal breaker but there pretty close.

Maybe you forgot about mods

Guys, if the subject of a thread annoys you, save yourself the aggravation and don't read it. If a person repeatedly starts threads you don't like, avoid that person's threads. But please don't go to those threads and tell that person he/she doesn't have a right to her/his opinion. If you have a reason you believe that person is mistaken, sure, that's a valid point for discussion. But don't make it a personal attack, because that just makes things unpleasant for everyone. 

Some comments have been removed. 

4 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I think the current set of wings looks ugly. Hard to match up and even uglier when you do manage to minimize the visible seams. Best we could ask for is a way to procedurally merge wings and tanks.

That would be cool for blended wing aircraft

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Maybe you forgot about mods

That's why I'm waiting a month after release, for mods.

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

I hope you forget a /s somewhere because you can't be serious.

1. They've shown nothing about spaceplanes except for a single cockpit/plane, so we can't assume anything about what's missing.
  2. Having procedural parts is a design choice, not a natural evolution of a single parts system.
  3. Last time they talked about DLCs content not being in KSP2 at the beginning they had 6 months to ship the game and it was an year ago.
  4. I don't know where you picked that "No 5 meter tanks", we've already seen parts bigger than the VAB and they said "two more size categories" in one of the very firsts interviews (we don't know if those two size categories are including 5m or not).
  5. Yes, we could use more plane parts, but as a spaceplane lover I have to admit that we have more parts dedicated to planes than parts for rover, rockets, bases and stations together. I can understand the dev if they focus on what is actually missing from KSP: more than 4 parts dedicated to bases and stations (the cupola, the hubmax, the hitchhiker and the docking port sr). Remember that  basically all stock giant station, spaceship or colony is always made out of plane parts. 

I assume that the size will be much larger than 5 meter, but it looks like all the small parts are equivalent to stock a few update ago. Of course you could be right about them adding 5 meter. But it looks like we will be missing all the cool dlc engines like the cub and wolfhound. Also, considering that we have daedelus, which is massive. I'm not saying there won't be 5 meter. I'm saying that I don't think there will be 5 meter and if there isn't I will be upset, that sad it does make more sense when you consider colonies. So maybe it will be 5 meter than daedelus, since 5 meter looks perfect for the small colony modules. Also I have other reasons to be disappointed about the game. Such as metallic hydrogen, which is looking less likely to be possible as time goes on, and take twos behavior, and the multiple delays that are starting to make this look like the super duper graphics pack. I will admit that the downgrade statement was wrong and an over reaction, but to say that I'm not as hyped as before would be an understatement.

17 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I think the current set of wings looks ugly. Hard to match up and even uglier when you do manage to minimize the visible seams. Best we could ask for is a way to procedurally merge wings and tanks.

Yes fusing winds is a perfect compromise. And doesn't have the design shift that full procedural would have.

54 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

a way to procedurally merge wings

That's a great idea.  It allows a lower part count, better aerodynamics, and overall better-looking wings without the problems of going procedural.