would it be possible to create a mod that lets you spawn in planets suns and asteroids?

yesterday i was trying to find a massive asteroid to build a base on but couldn't find any good ones. i tried finding ways to create one but couldn't so now I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a add on that lets you spawn them in and choose shapes/sizes and texture. after thinking about that i also thought it would be nice to be able to spawn in planets and suns and possibly even solar systems. If i could do all of those things could it be possible to add textures/models to spawn in so i could have a cow shaped asteroid. and if all of this is possible how hard would it be to create a mod?

i wrote this in 2 minutes please don't yell at me for the grammar.

Edited by epicfailure2020

@epicfailure2020 No mod can be made that lets you spawn and despawn planets mid-game. The way KSP was built absolutely does not allow that. Kopernicus has to do a lot of difficult work already just to make planet modding possible.

There is an easy way to make the stock asteroids larger. Some planet packs use that: JNSQ, RSS, Whirligig World... and from KSP 1.10 you have the comets which are natively much larger than asteroids in-game.

There is also no mod that lets you create bodies like the planet builders in other games and simulators like Universe Sandbox. If this existed, everyone would know its name and there would be many, many planet packs that were made with it.

i know that comets are bigger but they have an annoying trail that is distracting when flying missions or looking at the map. is there a config in the gamedata folder that lets you spawn in asteroids before launching the game?

Edited by epicfailure2020

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.