Little Red Ship

I got a little red dress in the mail the other day, and it made me hate 2020.  I got all done up, put my red dress on, ordered take out from a nice place, and I built this ship.  It's a shuttle/lander with a little over 6km/s dv.  I built it a while ago, but I've been working on it off and on.... So here is: Little Red Ship

zGqKpn5.jpeg2NGyPqL.jpeg

P.S.

To be brutally honest, I had a lot more fun building this thing than I've had on my last couple dates.  

On 8/10/2020 at 9:38 PM, sturmhauke said:

Dates come and go. KSP is eternal. 

Kinda unrelated to the topic, but it makes me wonder how long KSP in general will last. I suspect that if you really want to you will be able to run it for the foreseeable future, but if development stopped right now and stayed on Windows 10 and wouldn't work with Windows 11 or whatever they are coming out with next, how long it would take for the playerbase to die out.

12 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Kinda unrelated to the topic, but it makes me wonder how long KSP in general will last. I suspect that if you really want to you will be able to run it for the foreseeable future, but if development stopped right now and stayed on Windows 10 and wouldn't work with Windows 11 or whatever they are coming out with next, how long it would take for the playerbase to die out.

There's still die-hards running Windows 7... 

That being said, there's going to be a steep drop off in the first 12-18 months (say, 75-80%) and a long tail from there...  So, effectively dead within two, max three years.

23 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

There's still die-hards running Windows 7... 

That being said, there's going to be a steep drop off in the first 12-18 months (say, 75-80%) and a long tail from there...  So, effectively dead within two, max three years.

I do wonder, though...I look at games like Skyrim (which could be argued is "still" in development in a fashion) which has giant communities going strong almost 10 years after release. It's only been about 4 years since the Special Edition, but that was only possible since the game was still so popular. Would T2 do the same thing with Kerbal if it still had a solid playerbase?

I guess the hypothetical is about the game dev *totally* going dark. The modding community is damn talented though -- I'd suggest the community would keep limping along until something else came along to replace it. In that sense, popular games/game franchises never really die anymore. :)

@CalmLlama -- I love the ship! The multi-pronged leg layout looks hilarious but functional (it's not funny if it works!). I'm now inspired to do spaceplane designs with the updated Mk2 Expansion parts...

Edited by Beetlecat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.