Sun Exposure

Cornholio

Hello.  I was wondering if there was a way to turn off or modify how solar panels become less effective the further a craft is from Kerbol.  I'm willing to install a mod or write a cfg, just want to effectively turn it off if possible.  Thank you!

Writing a config alone will not do it, I'm afraid. This would require a plugin, as you'd have to disable a function of the stock game that was never meant to be disabled.

I know of no such plugin in existence, as people who write mods generally look to add features, not remove them. Though, I don't know how hard it would be to implement - if it's quick and easy, maybe someone might humor you? Or perhaps you could look into learning C# yourself...

EDIT: a dirty workaround would be to write a Module Manager patch that clones one of the existing solar panels with a much larger base power. For example, if you wanted to go to Eeloo, you could patch yourself an "Eeloo panel" that has its base generation boosted so much that, after arriving at Eeloo, the remaining generation matches that of the stock panel at Kerbin. Although, keep in mind that Eeloo's orbit is eccentric - its distance to the sun varies constantly and considerably. That means that the solar output will also change accordingly.

Edited by Streetwind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.