BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

You don't know what you can place on the back? Well, here are some suggestions how to use the DEMV2

- a drilling rig (has been mentioned before)

- a fuel truck (with the fuel transfer mod)

- a dumper truck

- a transporter of small craft

- a carrier of (habitation) modules

- a mobile nuclear power generator

(Need some more?)

Maybe the specialized combat modules? For example, vertical start section for Romfarer's lazor missiles (I already created something like that, but it's too unstable. Also I use DEMV as the weapon carrier in my experiments with guided railgun shell.)

Maybe the specialized combat modules? For example, vertical start section for Romfarer's lazor missiles (I already created something like that, but it's too unstable. Also I use DEMV as the weapon carrier in my experiments with guided railgun shell.)

sometimes I think KSP should be more scientific and not an area for missile tests (but I know it's very funny to smash the face of kerbonaute)it more need, instead of a missile, a kind of telescope

i have a payload type for you why not a retern capsual tha can get to kurbin or it can revalution with a space craft allready in orbit

Sorry, what? I know you may be young or foreign, but blease put a bit more effort into your spelling. I've taken the liberty of "translating" this for others:

I have a payload type for you. Why not make a return capsule that can get to kerbin, or one that can can rendezvous with a space craft that is already in orbit?

You don't know what you can place on the back? Well, here are some suggestions how to use the DEMV2

- a drilling rig (has been mentioned before)

- a fuel truck (with the fuel transfer mod)

- a dumper truck

- a transporter of small craft

- a carrier of (habitation) modules

- a mobile nuclear power generator

(Need some more?)

I really want to see the chopper on the back so we could deploy that and fly across the surface, or just release the chopper as it is ....

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of UAV on the back, to be honest. Something small, lightweight, that when you fire it off would fly up and circle around the DEMV until it either ran out of fuel or was recalled, at which point it would attempt to land on or near the DEMV. Sadly, since Kerbalnauts can't pick anything up, you'd be unable to remount the UAV on its launcher once its launched.

Awesome work dude, just awesome, infact you can call in inspirational. It was whilst landing the DEMV II and leaving the decent stage on and driving around that I had the idea to make the MAKO from Mass Effect into cart.

M9hfC.png

This is the subsequent model and I was just wondering if you could possibly take a look at converting it into an in game item as I have no clue what Im doing in that respect and you, clearly do. :)

Awesome work dude, just awesome, infact you can call in inspirational. It was whilst landing the DEMV II and leaving the decent stage on and driving around that I had the idea to make the MAKO from Mass Effect into cart.

This is the subsequent model and I was just wondering if you could possibly take a look at converting it into an in game item as I have no clue what Im doing in that respect and you, clearly do.

A good model, but I do not know how to port a sketch of the game

You better read the manual Tosh.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/8072-Cart-Modelling-Guidelines-v1-34-Inter-Plugin-Communication

I was just wondering if you could possibly take a look at converting it into an in game item as I have no clue what Im doing in that respect and you, clearly do. :)

Could you convert it to a .blend, .obj, or .Dae file type? I assume you're using some sort of *shiver* Mac program? Just convert it, post it, and I could try to take a whack at it. I'm completely new to blender, but I have a sibling who isn't (He actually does items for TF2, knows everything from rigs to jiggle bones) and I understand most of it's logic.

That would be awesome, I converted it to blender this morning should be just fine. The scales are insanely different but good luck, message me if you get anywhere. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwTL_9oSbStnal9KdGpMQnRBZXc/edit

Also sorry but the wheels being off, I did the model about a year ago now and it was never meant to be used as an ingame model.

Also, I have the texture files to if and when you want them. :)

That would be awesome, I converted it to blender this morning should be just fine. The scales are insanely different but good luck, message me if you get anywhere. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwTL_9oSbStnal9KdGpMQnRBZXc/edit

Also sorry but the wheels being off, I did the model about a year ago now and it was never meant to be used as an ingame model.

Also, I have the texture files to if and when you want them. :)

I'd love to, but Drive says I need your permission. Help a guy out?

Once again about the payloads of the DEMV mk2.

One easy way to create different payloads is to use the current fueltank and giving it just a different texture. F.i. a personel module; a technical module; a ZO2 module; a generator module. Besides that you could create just a flat module for building things onto, like a rig (or even a missile launcher).

TheCardinal

thx,

I will fulfill your wishes

C7 has just released a tutorial on modding which includes a part about interiors. He said he will expand on it in a later post though. Here's the link

developers are learning it.

I am pleased to inform you that I recently worked on a project is not alone. I was joined by another talented man, and the work will go faster. He knows better than I do in the config. He reads about it, and will also answer your questions.

Edited by BobCat

I've joined the team with Bobcat and that is helping us move forward more quickly. Expect to see more payloads and some fixes for the MkII, a few fixes for the MkI and and awesome little fast scout rover with Bobcat's typical sexy style of modelling. We've got quite a bit completed in the last few days and I'm balancing the new bits and pieces for release as soon as possible.

I am also working on interiors with Bobcat and we'll try to have some released soon. Thanks for all of the great suggestions!

I've joined the team with Bobcat and that is helping us move forward more quickly. Expect to see more payloads and some fixes for the MkII, a few fixes for the MkI and and awesome little fast scout rover with Bobcat's typical sexy style of modelling. We've got quite a bit completed in the last few days and I'm balancing the new bits and pieces for release as soon as possible.

I am also working on interiors with Bobcat and we'll try to have some released soon. Thanks for all of the great suggestions!

Hey guys, C7 finally gave some tips about how internals work for pods, you can mod the DEMV MKII with it's own IVA!

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/...ed-Modding-KSP

Hey guys, C7 finally gave some tips about how internals work for pods, you can mod the DEMV MKII with it's own IVA!

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/...ed-Modding-KSP

How did you manage to screw up the url that badly?

Anyway, here's the full link

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/entry.php/168-Modders-Corner-Getting-Started-Modding-KSP

One of the most beautiful parts of the DEMV (1 or 2) is the cab. It is so incredibly beautiful that i've made the standard cab/cockit of any vehicle.

In combinatie with other mods you can build what ever vehicle you want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34004[/ATTACH]

This is an example of an undersea exploration vehicle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.