BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

Great work, BobCat! :)

Btw, how do you create all this amazing context-menu animations? Do you use some kinda plugin or its can be done by default game and unity tools?

We're using the animation code in Kreuzung's Electrical Energy Plugin. It's simple to work with and uses parts modules, so it's also easy to modify. As we're planning to use other parts of this same plugin, it cuts down on the number of .dll's we need to have loaded.

We're using the animation code in Kreuzung's Electrical Energy Plugin. It's simple to work with and uses parts modules, so it's also easy to modify. As we're planning to use other parts of this same plugin, it cuts down on the number of .dll's we need to have loaded.

Thank you very much for info =)

I cannot wait, I am new so I will attemt to help but you may find me about as useful as a pet rock. And by help... well thats a relative term, at least in this context.

Maybe we like pet rocks? :D Thanks for the offer of help, any feedback from your testing, after first release, will be greatly appreciated. It will help improve the mod as we make future releases.

I really like where this addon is going. One thing that concerns me is the realism of the drop pod. Would it be possible to make the drop pod where the Kerbals can enter from outside, enter the rover, and then the couple from the ship that takes them to the new planet. Because of the small size, I just don't see them spending months on end in such a confined space. With the Mark 2, I can see them transiting inside the vehicle, just not with the Mark 4. Also, I am concerned that the Navball is oriented 90 degrees from the nose of the rover. It is more intuitive to have the vector being on the horizon then on the sky.

CAPFlyer

I really like where this addon is going. One thing that concerns me is the realism of the drop pod. Would it be possible to make the drop pod where the Kerbals can enter from outside, enter the rover, and then the couple from the ship that takes them to the new planet. Because of the small size, I just don't see them spending months on end in such a confined space. With the Mark 2, I can see them transiting inside the vehicle, just not with the Mark 4

We thought of everything in this direction. For those who wish, we have made an empty command pod, and plans to add an unmanned module descent control D.R.O.P. (De-orbit and Re-entry Operations Platform) . You can leave the crew in orbit, and lower the rover to the planet in an empty capsule. For deployment on plenety low gravity will be used without the atmosphere Heavy RCS , for planets with an atmosphere will parachute. After landing, D.R.O.P. , the crew will be able to land there, open it and climb inside the rover (It is for easy access to the empty rover capsule DROP sunroof opens). It can be as the crew came down, or already living on the surface in the residential units. You are free to choose. D.R.O.P. capsule also will be used to deliver other fragile loads on the planet that can take out of it loaders

Also, I am concerned that the Navball is oriented 90 degrees from the nose of the rover. It is more intuitive to have the vector being on the horizon then on the sky.

We have already fixed it.

The addon is in testing and correcting the balance stage. But we lack a qualified tester, so all the work has been slow. We have, in addition to test a lot of work

P.S.

And I have not found how to do manual parachute, no specific capsule parachute D.R.O.P. little use

Edited by BobCat

Just watched the Youtube videos - superb work. The drop pod is excellent, so many options for carrier vehicles that are too laggy to build manually. About the only thing missing is an option to dock the rover to the carrier module again for redeployment.

CAPFlyer

We thought of everything in this direction. For those who wish, we have made an empty command pod, and plans to add an unmanned module descent control D.R.O.P. (De-orbit and Re-entry Operations Platform) . You can leave the crew in orbit, and lower the rover to the planet in an empty capsule. For deployment on plenety low gravity will be used without the atmosphere Heavy RCS , for planets with an atmosphere will parachute. After landing, D.R.O.P. , the crew will be able to land there, open it and climb inside the rover (It is for easy access to the empty rover capsule DROP sunroof opens). It can be as the crew came down, or already living on the surface in the residential units. You are free to choose. D.R.O.P. capsule also will be used to deliver other fragile loads on the planet that can take out of it loaders

We have already fixed it.

The addon is in testing and correcting the balance stage. But we lack a qualified tester, so all the work has been slow. We have, in addition to test a lot of work

P.S.

And I have not found how to do manual parachute, no specific capsule parachute D.R.O.P. little use

Thanks for responding to my concerns/questions. Can't wait to see this released. Yet another addon I'll need. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.