BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

I can see Bobcat Ind. becoming a big part of ksp in a near future as novapunch did once. :)

Hehe, thanks, but those mods were game-changing pioneering modding efforts. We're not there yet. For now, I'd settle for Bobcat Ind. being on the "must have mods" list of a few players.

But stay tuned, we've got a fantastic future planned and some things are already in the pipeline :D

Guys I love your meticulous attention to detail. You're making things that KSP has desperately needed for a long time. I can't wait to play with the new toys!!! Thanks a lot!!!

In one word, you're the best! (But don't forget the other :P)

Note : I don't like the RCS powered landing for the D.R.O.P. pod, it cannot be controled be mech-jeb and (certainely caused be a bug) the top RCS tank are burn first.

Edited by mrrpamplemousse

Well, you can use RCS, LFEs or Ion. Take your pick, we'll give you all three options each custom modeled, of course. I've tested thoroughly with and without mechjeb and you can fly easily, either way. The Mk4 flies like a dream, and the DROP is so easy to land that a crazed Russian can do it using only RCS. :wink: I know that many love mechjeb and many don't. Either way you will have a blast with the new Bobcat Ind. release. You can use the DROP or land with only the Mk4s S.I.D.E. engines. Hell, on Eve you can almost just fall to the surface. But using our custom parachutes helps.

Or you can ferry a fleet of Mk4s and Habitats to Duna aboard our new top secret development. But it's a secret and I'm not telling.

The bottom line is that Bobcat Ind. is gonna give you options, lots of options, on sexy equipment with lots of bling and all balanced so that you feel like it's belongs in the stock game.

I have to say I have used the DEMVmkII more than any rover that anyone has produced, my only wish would be for couple of options for the fuel tank connector, as I generally don't use the DEMVmkII fuel tank, as I can fit many other goodies on the back, but would be really handy to have 2 connectors on the chassis, just a wish :) Keep it up mate, you really are an inspiration to new modders.

Bobcat Ind, what are you planning?

After the release Mark4 and drop, we are slowly going to make a collection of residential and technical modules for building a complete base (colony) on the surface of any planet. For the life of this base will be needed electricity and fuel.

áolony must first of all be an industrial complex for the extraction of Kethane, and landing zone with the refueling. By then it will be possible to speak about the colonization of the planet.

It is also possible if the mode of orbital construction to upgrade to 0.17, we will require a lot of energy hangar, where it will be possible to build a vehicle on the planet.

It will be more convenient, you can build the rovers on the spot and change cargo modules. You just need to send off the ground spare parts for your expansion.

Expandible hab modules and laser seeking missles?

I do not think that we will be developing weapons, the fact that there is already quite enough to clear the debris. I agree with the developers of the game, it should not be a weapon. To clear the surface and orbit will be used DDL (destructive debris laser).

so you want like a double chassis that can hold 3 things at once? (pod, tank, tank)

Pretty much, I often will attach another small rover to the back of the chassis, but the fit is sometimes not great. The DEMVmkII fuel tank serves the purpose, but is a little bulky and I have noticed that at high speeds, things like to fall off the tank while im in orbit at 1000000x :) So I attach other things that will hold lasers and other attachments better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.