BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

The Hercules project looks AWESOME!!! Do not give up on your projects. I really enjoy them and hope you continue with your work. I would like to see some demo ships though that accompany the DEMV's. I have trouble getting the weight ratio right and I think demo ships would give us somewhere to start from or build off of. Thanks, Elasticgraph

A top? For what purpose?

well, I was making a ship, used the drop thingy, but i did not wanted it to be attached from the sides like a fuel tank, but from the top like a cargo conteiner in a crane. I mean , one more nod, more options for designs.. just saying..

Matokage, That is impossible. Maybe you are flying differently? Also, currently the Mark 4 is being worked on, and mark 2 have been rebalenced to stock part size. The hercules is just a mockup atm, but we will try to get it out ASAP.

But i'm doing everything as i was doing before! my most stable spaceplane now just crash with a side roll!

and mechjeb and sas ar conflicting with the rover motion, looks like they are inverted or something.

But i'm doing everything as i was doing before! my most stable spaceplane now just crash with a side roll!

and mechjeb and sas ar conflicting with the rover motion, looks like they are inverted or something.

Post a picture of the craft that's crashing, that would help a lot. We don't modify the .dll for mechjeb so we can't affect it's function with other parts, but if you use the Mk4 as the command pod it must be oriented with the nose in the launch direction, because of a limitation in the mechjeb plugin.

Thanks for the report.

Hey, did you guys read the Kerbal Gazette today?

*** Industrial Spy Report ***

A new shipment of massive parts has been spotted being delivered to the Bobcat Ind, Super Heavy Lift Division plant, near KSC. Although covered by thick tarps to disguise their outline, the parts are obviously far too large to be a conventional rocket pieces. It's certain that the engineers at Bobcat Ind. have something gigantic in the works, but exactly what is unknown. Previous rumors of a Heavy Planetary Lifter, code named "Hercules", are one possible explaination, but the reporters and industrial spys are unsure.

Meanwhile the clanking and banging of heavy industrial equipment can be heard coming from inside the plant, but with the windows covered and all access points locked, we were only able to get a glimpse through a crack. Little could be seen, other than a large wall covered in Bobcat Yellow paint with typical space vehicle fittings.

Stay tuned for further reports.

Oh god. I just can't even build a rocket with the DEMV Mark 4 on top. Help please?

We can't help without some information. A picture, craft file, description of the problem....please give us something so we can help you. ;)

Did you try the craft file I told you about after your last question?

The attachment nodes on the DROP are slightly too low on either end and cause the main collision mesh to collide with that of other parts, infact I'm yet to find a vanilla part it does attach to, some mod parts are still like it after fixing (showing their out aswell). Fix was easy. Raise/lower them a tiny amount.

I wonder if graphics settings may cause issues with the collision mesh, we have no trouble connecting stock parts to the DROP, and no one else has reported a problem. There is a collider issue with the ASAS frame, but with nearly 1000 downloads I would think if there was a DROP issue we'd have seen a lot of reports. Can you tell me anything about your configuration?

Thanks!

Vanilla install and no graphics settings do not alter node_colliders (and whatever their .mu counterparts are).

Also tested with mechjeb pod and some assorted boosters from novapunch that I had lying around my documents.

As for graphics settings, most maxed. Not using fallback shaders, SM3 enabled, only non max settings are resolution (1360x768) and terrain scatters (50%). Not using any .cfg hacks either (minus the fix for the drop). When I zoom in on the DROP it almost appears that the node is slightly inside the mesh, of course thats the visible mesh which might be larger than the collision mesh.

System spec I doubt you need but I'm running a triple core AMD athlon 2 at 3.5Ghz with 4gb of RAM and an NVidia GTX460 on windows 7 professional x64.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.