BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

Well, I failed completely at reproducing the error, 6677, every single part I tried connected without issue. But I'm going to suggest lowering the mesh slightly anyway. If you're having a problem, eventually someone else is going to experience it also.

Thanks for the comments. :)

First of all, thanks for this awesome set of mods! I can't wait for the release of the Herc. I do have a question though, what is the best method for entering a RAT dropped from a drop ship if it is not the command module? I am trying to get into it (In kerbal's atmosphere).

Just noticed DEMV mk IV has mumech.dll included in the package, which seems to be a newer build date (or modified date) than the current Mechjeb library. Yours is last edited 30.9.12, where as the latest mechjeb is 26.9.12

should I ignore this? Im just trying hard to avoid mod incompatibilities, had some trouble as of late.

I installed a fresh 0.17 and the only things I added were the DEMV mk 4, then I went to add the mechjeb plugin v1.9.20, so I know I didnt have anything installed previously.

** Let me add...

the DEMV4 and the drop pod...

freakin outstanding.. seriously... I needed a change of pants when I first put it on the launchpad :)

I am having one issue however, I have only managed to EVA once. Every other time (and i mean at least 50 relaunches) I get this:

image.php?id=480E_507E6C88&jpg

Am I doing something wrong? I have a fresh 0.17, with only DEMVmk4, mechjeb and electrical plugin, no other mods. I am just wary of flying this thing anywhere and then

not being able to get out of it. Either right click on the hatch EVA or click on the kerbal avatar and EVA have the same result.

Edited by Devo

Well, I failed completely at reproducing the error, 6677, every single part I tried connected without issue. But I'm going to suggest lowering the mesh slightly anyway. If you're having a problem, eventually someone else is going to experience it also.

Yep, i expereinced that issue too but i bypass this problems with the structural fuselage.

The Hercules looks freaking awesome! I'm going to fly that thing!

____

Can you create more Plane Like Rovers?

Thanks for the compliment on the Herc, it's still in very early development. The end form may differ markedly from the pictures.

Can you elaborate on "plane-like rovers"? The ones I've made in the past were just wings on stock rovers.

Yep, i expereinced that issue too but i bypass this problems with the structural fuselage.

Yeah, 6677 knows what he is talking about, so I'm going to get that mesh adjusted. Not sure why I can't cause the issue, but I've had something similar happen to me when trying to use the crewtank. Collisions, hatch blocked and exploding...but only a few people have those problems with crewtank. There is definitely something in the game install or config that causes slightly different function of the parts collisions for some people.

I'm experiencing the same bug. I even made a video with fraps to show it off. However, it's taking forever to upload to youtube.

Edited by Matsci

I'm experiencing the same bug. I even made a video with fraps to show it off. However, it's taking forever to upload to youtube.

If you read the included manual, the FAQ answers this issue. Is has to do with a bug in the game about the last parsed attachment node UP axis.

The DROP nodes are ordered for placing the Rover inside first. the easiest way to avoid this game bug is to attach the DROP horizontally on the top of your capsule, build the Rover inside then place the DROP in position.

I've had a go at making an interplanetary carrier for the new DEMV, using parts from MMI payload and satellite packs.

(although getting it off the ground is my horribly weak point, I cant make heavy lifters for the life of my, so some cfg edits were used only for escaping kerbin atmo)

Its not the fastest thing in the Kerbol system, but it is efficient, and it does work...mostly.

screenshot10.png

screenshot11.png

screenshot13.png

The final seperation was less than tidy...

screenshot15.png

This was when I realised I forgot any parachutes...

screenshot16.png

So I took drastic measures...

screenshot18.png

And hoped the ion engines would work

screenshot19.png

No kerbals survived...

screenshot21.png

mrrpamplemousse

no.

It's just a simply airbreath engine of our development, it is slightly better than the standard, but is similar in characteristics to them.

Perhaps in the future we will use it for flying vehicles of his own design.

You need it separately?

Edited by BobCat

If you read the included manual, the FAQ answers this issue. Is has to do with a bug in the game about the last parsed attachment node UP axis.

The DROP nodes are ordered for placing the Rover inside first. the easiest way to avoid this game bug is to attach the DROP horizontally on the top of your capsule, build the Rover inside then place the DROP in position.

trying that, and it's still not cooperating. RAT is fully loaded but I can still only use the three underside nodes, neither of the end ones want to attach to anything else

trying that, and it's still not cooperating. RAT is fully loaded but I can still only use the three underside nodes, neither of the end ones want to attach to anything else

Well, you are not alone, we've had three reports of this (out of about 1200 downloads). I don't understand why any of our team can't reproduce it, nor do I have any clue why it's only a problem for so very few players. But we've decided to adjust the part model to see if we can fix it, because all players should be able to enjoy the mod. 6677 commented that he simply moved the nodes slightly which also will work, but leave a slight gap between the parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.