BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

Actually, last time i checked Edison has the 4th most patents of anyone in the world while Tesla has 1/10th the number as Edison.

Last time I checked Tesla was one person and Edison had many researchers (one of which was Tesla) he was sponging off so number of patents is irrelevant. The Steve Jobs comparison is fairly good, a greedy capitalist sociopath who would use and abuse any way he could to make a buck then spin the media to make it look like he did it alone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs#Early_work

Why? Curiosity's wheels are a wreck. They're coming apart man. The most important parts of them are made of aluminum and the harsh Martian terrain is ripping them part like aluminum foil.

It's not that bad, aluminium is very hard, especially alloys of it, that's why we make planes out of it, and aluminium oxide especially is very hard, curiosity's wheels got some holes yes, but it's far from enough to affect it's performance, the problem is as I stated earlier, it's a completely active chassis, it has no passive suspension or other impact reduction as far as I can tell, the onboard computer basically has to move the legs to match the terrain, and it's very slow, something that goes faster than curiosity (0.9km/h, walking speed is about 4km/h) you need passive suspension, a computer can't adjust for the terrain in real-time at speed.

It's not that bad, aluminium is very hard, especially alloys of it, that's why we make planes out of it, and aluminium oxide especially is very hard, curiosity's wheels got some holes yes, but it's far from enough to affect it's performance, the problem is as I stated earlier, it's a completely active chassis, it has no passive suspension or other impact reduction as far as I can tell, the onboard computer basically has to move the legs to match the terrain, and it's very slow, something that goes faster than curiosity (0.9km/h, walking speed is about 4km/h) you need passive suspension, a computer can't adjust for the terrain in real-time at speed.
Why? Curiosity's wheels are a wreck. They're coming apart man. The most important parts of them are made of aluminum and the harsh Martian terrain is ripping them part like aluminum foil.

I never said it would be realistic, I just thought it would look cool. *shrug*

I having this bug even when i edited for using in career mode

http://imageshack.com/a/img809/57/qdqx.png

Also MK1 doesn't have kerbals they disappear when you launch vehicle at launch pad

Place a Stock-ExternalCommandSeat- rotated & placed on the bottom of the bike, then let a kerbal jump into that one.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.