BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

I'm wondering if more people aren't playing 0.16, as unlike 0.17 it doesn't have the tracking station crash bug or the less efficient engines/fuel combination, you could certainly do a lot more with the 0.16 fuel bug......

No,who don't want to kill Kerbals on another planets...

Will you guys ever have a "balance" release? If not I can just continue to CFG edit them anyway. Many thanks for your great mod!

Scroll up my friend, I didn't ignore you. :)

Hey Guys! Great work with this mod! Just wanted to point something out. The DEMV Mk.II Fuel tank has the same mass for when it is empty as when it is full. Also, the weight of the propellant is very little in comparison to the other propellant used in the LFTs. I have made a CFG edit on my own, but I thought I might let you guys know.
Yeah, I know. The earlier DEMVs are a little unbalanced. Bobcat was working alone and had a lot to do. Game balancing takes a lot of work, and he did a great job considering the solo performance. We're considering revamping them, but we also have to consider that we'd probably break persistence for people's existing designs.

However:

The Mk4 RAT has had extensive play testing and game balancing. Not only will the Mk4 be the best looking and best animated Bobcat Ind. release to date, but it will be extremely well balanced to the stock game parts. You will have to carefully select fuel loads, engines and landing configurations. Also, as stated earlier, now you must consider mass balance, both in vertical launch and horizontal landing settings.

...and this is just the beginning....

OMFG, wath is all that part! I don't understand! Plz, make a little tutorial to show how to make the D.R.O.P. pod.

(And, the laser pod is not egal to the MK-4 pod, it's annoying! :P)

There are images and a demo craft file in the main release thread:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/20286-PLUGIN-PART-0-17-BobCat-Ind-Release-DEMV/page21

Sorry, I don't understand about the laser. Could you elaborate?

Sorry for that. I should have read a bit more closely. Thank you so much for your hard work on these mods!

No problem, and you are welcome. Bobcat and I both want to do a bit of reworking and additions on the Mk1 and Mk2, so I hope to have some new, better game-balanced releases of those earlier mods eventually. I'm a big fan of keeping the mod balanced.

Unfortunately we don't yet have a timeline on what's being developed next. Stay tuned. :)

Wow there are so many options! I haven't found any problems except that I didn't read the manual correct so I've been searching for ever why the wheels didn't work. :P

And I had some human interface errors (that's me XD): I released the RAT before opening the cage... I was trapped inside.

But it looks very good!

Wow there are so many options! I haven't found any problems except that I didn't read the manual correct so I've been searching for ever why the wheels didn't work. :P

And I had some human interface errors (that's me XD): I released the RAT before opening the cage... I was trapped inside.

But it looks very good!

I updated the chassis part description and made the manual a bit clearer on the subject of extending the wheels. With so many functions available in the Mk4, people are almost certain to miss a few "how to's". The wheel deployment was one that came up more than once, yesterday. So I put the control key descriptions in the part description in the VAB.

As far as decoupling too early, well, my over-active spacebar poking thumb has done that more a few times also....once I actually dumped the RAT out of the DROP while still far too high above Eve, but the heavy atmosphere and very sparing use of the SIDE LFEs got me to the ground safely. I don't recommend this as standard landing procedure, the RAT isn't the most aerodynamic craft around, but it CAN work in a pinch, if you are very lucky.

(ps : the little container on the side of hercule, it is a DROP pod?)

yes. Its 4*2 standart BobCat ind cargo container (including DROP)

wut! it gonna readded in futur updated or you gonna forget it!

need remake and retexture this, but a lot more important things now

Mark2 interior

hK1F5.jpg

rIFas.jpg

JC0lY.jpg

Edited by BobCat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.