BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

(I remember you from IRC. Hi!)

I dont know. Lemme check with crash (talking to him right now)

EDIT: Crash said that There is no such type of node, Nodes are defined by Up axis.

The nodes on the drop that connect on the ends,

Are "Y" up.

Just like a fuel tank.

Edited by The Destroyer

wow your mods are becoming increasingly impressive :P

when i saw the first demv i didnt think much of it apart from "oh just another cart" but the mk2 is pretty neat and the mk4 is just amazing.

keep up the good work im looking forward to it

Hey, saw the comments about issues with reproducing the end node issues. For me, I cannot add the drop pod via end nodes to any of my designs either. Maybe it is a plugin conflict causing an oops in the design? For myself, if I attach it, then I can attach stuff to the end nodes, however I want to transport it like a garage of sorts so an empty rat would be loaded into it and activated once on the ground. If I try attaching it stack style it goes red and cannot get it to connect for the life of me. Will peek around see if I can find a cause too. Also, I find it difficult to get my kerbin into the rat when it is loaded in the drop pod, expecially with a bit of gravity. Gotta ram it around a bit til I can get clearance to the ladder. Perhaps the drop pod module could have a second activation that opens a door for side entry with or without the drop pod open?

Hey, saw the comments about issues with reproducing the end node issues. For me, I cannot add the drop pod via end nodes to any of my designs either. Maybe it is a plugin conflict causing an oops in the design? For myself, if I attach it, then I can attach stuff to the end nodes, however I want to transport it like a garage of sorts so an empty rat would be loaded into it and activated once on the ground. If I try attaching it stack style it goes red and cannot get it to connect for the life of me. Will peek around see if I can find a cause too. Also, I find it difficult to get my kerbin into the rat when it is loaded in the drop pod, expecially with a bit of gravity. Gotta ram it around a bit til I can get clearance to the ladder. Perhaps the drop pod module could have a second activation that opens a door for side entry with or without the drop pod open?

The manual FAQ answers this issue, and it's been answered in both threads as well. I know it's a chore to read 42 pages of posts, but if it isn't too much trouble for the 5-page Field Manual, please take a moment to read through it. It will save the mod dev's a lot of time answering the same question over and over.

To elaborate on the issue:

You can't connect the DROP as an empty garage due to the game bug with multiple UP axes connection nodes described in the Mk4 manual. We can't do anything about it, it's a bug in KSP. You MUST connect to either one of the three parachute nodes or the internal floor node FIRST.

You can modify the part.cfg so that the end nodes are parsed last, which would then cause the bug on the internal floor and parachute nodes.

<snip> Perhaps the drop pod module could have a second activation that opens a door for side entry with or without the drop pod open?

I'll see how much work that will be, it's a reasonable request.

Edit:

After talking with Bobcat, we don't think we will add another door. A ladder on the side of the DROP or on the nose of the rover works without needing an extra access door. Perhaps if we have some spare time in the future we will revisit the idea, but for now the stock ladders can help access the rover if you are having trouble.

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by CrashnBurn

Pretty cool, I like the 'Hercules' heavy lifter best. Will that have space for multiple DEMVs? Also, will it be a standalone rocket/space plane?

The Herc is in very early development, I can't say how it will finalize. The in-game physics seems to get very squirrelly at these weights, and it will take some time (and perhaps new KSP releases) to resolve all the issues and create a releasable heavy lifter mod. We're pretty insistent that our mods will be balanced to stock KSP (We're going back and balancing the earlier releases as well), so the "make a big craft with the density of smoke" approach used for other large craft mods isn't something we want to do. Look for a smaller, single DROP delivery vehicle to be released first.

• 5 months later...
Wow, I can't wait for the DEMV MKII :P

Maybe Bobcat should make a green Soyuz :D

*stumbles into the thread covered in soot, dirt and debris* This past week has been hell, both on and offline... X.x I got a message from BobCat the other day saying something about fixing the Cassowary's control issues. I'm not sure though, it's sometimes hard to understand his broken english

And green Soyuz? Pics or it didn't happen

WOW, this thread got rolled back! But anyways at least the thread is shorter now:rolleyes:, I'd forgotten about the ADAM, ah memories. Can't wait for HOME2, but on a development note, if the HOME pack is going to stay will it have a spot to dock HOME2 modules to? i.e. the tunnel, But I do believe that would require a remodel of HOME not impossible but, anyways.

WELCOME BACK EVERYBODY!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.