BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

I personally hope they keep HOME 1 because it suits my needs for a First Stage colony, which is just a series of buildings to scout out locations to lay down the actual bases, and they also serve as great landers for extended stay landers/temporary settlements for interplanetary missions.

Let me just say - I have the DEMV Mks 1, 2, and 4. The first two are wonderful utility vehicles. Especially the Mk 2.

But for sheer fun, I absolutely LOVE the DEMV Mk 4. It's the "Sportscar" of the lot.

One of the great things about it is that the profile is low enough to be carried under the truss of Wayland's Eagle mod.

screenshot788_zps65754647.png

Making it a natural choice for short and medium range scouting around or transport of Kerbals when you don't want to use the resources of an Eagle or other ship.

The DROP pod option and the fuel/rocket engines remind me of the Mako from the first Mass Effect game.

And what other vehicle lets you get away with stunts like THIS!? ---

screenshot807_zps844d7330.png

screenshot809_zps32d0109a.png

That's some SERIOUS AIR we're talkin' about, here! (Okay - serious VACUUM in this case. But you get the idea...)

screenshot810_zps81934e6f.png

screenshot813_zps0b1c796d.png

screenshot814_zps7a298004.png

screenshot816_zps010f9c6e.png

My compliments, guys. You've seriously brought the Fahrvergnügen to the KSP driving experience! :D

Edited by Logan.Darklighter
Cut down on redundant images

*stumbles into the thread covered in soot, dirt and debris* This past week has been hell, both on and offline... X.x I got a message from BobCat the other day saying something about fixing the Cassowary's control issues. I'm not sure though, it's sometimes hard to understand his broken english

Did you guys try making the wingtip vertical stabilizers a separate piece with a control surface on it? I remember during the livestream (in February/March) that was an idea being thrown around.

Did you guys try making the wingtip vertical stabilizers a separate piece with a control surface on it? I remember during the livestream (in February/March) that was an idea being thrown around.

He didn't specify, the email only said "IM FIX Cassowary. LOL"

Not sure if cryptic or trolly ~<3

It breaks PhysX, so it isn't an awesome vehicle, at best it's a lag feast, at worst it can summon the kraken onto the surface of Kerbin, all the way from the moons of Jool instantiously.
its seriously THAT bad? Also i said it looks cool. Not it would actually be a cool vehicle. Also, how big is it really? Ive noticed a D.R.O.P. Shown right under it looking really small.

Is it just me, or are the spoilers not working. :)

Spoiler tags have been disabled for quite awhile [aside from briefly yesterday while they were still resetting the forums] due to a security flaw or something that they cause... IIRC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.