Jump to content

Release date of KSP 2


Recommended Posts

On 9/24/2020 at 10:07 AM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I am already expecting complaints on release day from people who will be disappointed their favorite requested item didn't get into the game.

Oh yeah, this will definitely happen. I' sure everyone will flood the forums with complaints or things they love. Personally I can't wait.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:36 PM, Kane Kerman said:

Fall 2021: Around december or november of 2021.(?)

Fall is from September 22 - December 22. Generally a good way to estimate is to take the middle so I expect it to be released in late October to early November.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, mattinoz said:

Well they should do another video given we are now close to a year from release.

They are probably making an anniversary update video. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Fall is from September 22 - December 22. Generally a good way to estimate is to take the middle so I expect it to be released in late October to early November.

This isn't the best time of year to release it is already very busy with other regular releases and easy to get lost in traffic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 6:34 PM, mattinoz said:

When exactly is Fall 2021?

Actual answer: Fall 2021 starts on September 22nd and ends on December 21st. This is in Eastern Time Zone US, which I use because I live there.

Realistic answer for KSP2 release date purposes: Some time between Summer 2021 and Summer 2022, with any luck whatsoever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

At the moment it's meant to release in autumn next year.

That is of course 'Northern Hemisphere' autumn/fall which is basically late Oct to Dec.  So sometime 'before Christmas' would be a fair estimate based on what they have stated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever waited in anticipation about when KSP2 would be released? have you thought about what date KSP2 would be released if ANOTHER setback occured. Poor Ksp fans have no references to look for :(. OR DO THEY? that's where I COME IN :) (Jebidiah smiles). here is an estimated graph on what i would believe KSP2's release dates to be if or if not there is a delay.

SO HERE... WE... GO!!!

Delay Meter Estimated Release Date Possible Warnings or Caution
Ahead of schedule  Summer of 2021 None
On schedule October 1st to December 20th or 25th Schedule may vary
Slight delay Winter 2021 to January 2022 More waiting
Moderate Delay Spring of 2022 introduces uncertainty 
Severe Delay Autumn of 2022 Introduces extreme risks and uprising costs to develop the game.
Extreme Delay Winter of 2022 or spring of 2023 Game could be cancelled or ultimately shelved

I hope that this sheds some light on many KSP fans uncertainty and gives them a place to start and what to expect.

@Dat Kerbal Dude @Andrew 2000 @Lewie @mattinoz @KerballingSmasher @Lisias

Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP 2 is releasing as of right now fall 2021. So we are less than a year away if things go out well. From what we had heard recently things are back on track after a few throwovers 

Correction releasing

On 10/25/2020 at 5:10 AM, pandaman said:

That is of course 'Northern Hemisphere' autumn/fall which is basically late Oct to Dec.  So sometime 'before Christmas' would be a fair estimate based on what they have stated.

Quoting me earlier. Generally fall 2021 is labeled as by video game companies before thanksgiving and a little bit after the first days of September I see the tag Fall 2021. Otherwise they label themselves as holiday 2021 or summer 2021

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys are overreacting.

10 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:
Delay Meter Estimated Release Date Possible Warnings or Caution
Ahead of schedule  Summer of 2021 None
On schedule October 1st to December 20th or 25th Schedule may vary
Slight delay Winter 2021 to January 2022 More waiting
Moderate Delay Spring of 2022 introduces uncertainty 
Severe Delay Autumn of 2022 Introduces extreme risks and uprising costs to develop the game.
Extreme Delay Winter of 2022 or spring of 2023 Game could be cancelled or ultimately shelved

Half Life demonstrated that it's possible to delay a game for 10 years and yet get it delivered. :)

 

Edited by Lisias
Tyops! Surprised?
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...