Orbital drift, weird issues with rootparts

Hello,

since a few days I have a problem with unstable orbits (orbital drifts). After starting a sat and release it from my rocket the Ap und Pe are very unstable, growing and shrink every few seconds. I did a reinstall of KSP (1.8.1), start a new Game. That dind`t change anything. Also sometimes after releasing the sat, the rockt is in a stable orbit and the sat has a negative Pe so it deorbit.
The orbital drift compensation is on (default) in the settings.

Here is my log:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14230930/KSP.log.html

And here is a new one:

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14249954/KSP.log.html

Edited by Cheesecake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And again a new issue:

If the rootpart isn`t inside the fairing, the acceleration during launch goes up the first meters after start, then goes nearly to 0 at a height of ca. 2000 Meters. After that, the speed increases slowly again.

- rootpart is outside of the fairing: acceleration is very bad. At MECO (main engine cut off) I reach a Ap of only 56 km by a speed of mach 2.5.
- rootpart is inside the fairing: acceleration is OK. At MECO i reach a Ap of 220 km by a speed of mach 6.7.
Test with stock-fairngs and SAF.

Since you’ve posted in the modded installs section, I’m going to guess that you’re using mods- if so:

What mods? What versions? What version of KSP and which, if any, DLCs? Try to find Player.log/Player.txt instead of the KSP.txt log as the former has much more detail in it, and/or add screenshots/a video as it sounds like this would be easier to understand by seeing it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.