Contract Orbit not working.

Hey All,

I'm trying to complete the map nine asteroids with a Sentinel infrared telescope contract. I have reached the orbit but every time I come back to view the spacecraft on the map it shows it shows the contract orbit again as if I hadn't reached the proper orbit. As soon as I click on the spacecraft to control it and go to map the contact orbit disappears as if I am in the correct orbit again. I have gone so far as to intentionally fire retrograde until the contract orbit appears in the map again then fire prograde until it disappears again and shows that I am in the correct orbit for the contract. Go away from the satellite, click on it again and guess what, contract parameter not complete again. As soon as I control the satellite it shows orbit parameter complete..... Sigh. Any ideas?

One common problem when trying to complete these contracts is going in the wrong direction.   You might have achieved a perfect match for the orbital parameters, except that your inclination is 180. in the wrong direction.  Check that and the report back. 

Contract orbits are always shown with respect to the current selected craft. If you switch away from one craft to another, then all the contract orbits are shown for the new craft. If you have a craft with a Sentinel and an antenna that is showing a good orbit when you have it selected, then that is good enough. A sentinel contract takes months to complete, and you do not need to have the craft selected while the contract is slowly being completed. So you get the correct craft into the right orbit, and then you just leave it there until the contract completes.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:57 AM, Gargamel said:

One common problem when trying to complete these contracts is going in the wrong direction.   You might have achieved a perfect match for the orbital parameters, except that your inclination is 180. in the wrong direction.  Check that and the report back. 

@Gargamel, I’m definitely going the right direction, so that’s not it.

4 minutes ago, JWil said:

@Gargamel, I’m definitely going the right direction, so that’s not it.

I think @bewing is correct.   The sentinel contracts take a long time to complete.    IIRC, it'll just happen in the background once the satellite has detected the required number of asteroids.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, Geonovast said:

Are you waiting the full 10 seconds?  The orbit line will disappear once you're within tolerance, but the contract won't complete until you have fulfilled the "maintain stability for 10 seconds" aspect.

The full ten seconds has been fulfilled and the probe has launched for two years and 77 days Kerban time. I’ll do a small adjustment at periapsis (in 235 days) and after that I’m out of ideas. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.