[1.12.x] Waterfall - a framework for continuous, mesh-driven engine effects (Aug 2)

Nertea

Just now, Giancarlo Kerman said:

I have both, is there a conflict between the two?

No. ReStock overrides stock. 
Get WaterfallRestock here:

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/WaterfallRestock/releases

If you install that you will find that you have pretty plumes on your engines. :)

Just now, Spaceman.Spiff said:

No. ReStock overrides stock. 
Get WaterfallRestock here:

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/WaterfallRestock/releases

If you install that you will find that you have pretty plumes on your engines. :)

Alright, I'll see if that works

Just now, Giancarlo Kerman said:

Alright, I'll see if that works

Thanks for responding so quickly btw

56 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Happy to help :D

I really hate to bug you again but it didnt work :( There isnt any form of an effect, I really wish I knew how to do patch this into the game but I dont....

so I'm probably going to go back to Real Plume because I can't get this to work

51 minutes ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

I really hate to bug you again but it didnt work :( There isnt any form of an effect, I really wish I knew how to do patch this into the game but I dont....

What engines are you trying to use? Waterfall - with the Waterfall Restock patch - only affects the ReStock versions of the stock liquid-fuel engines, as well as any added by ReStock+. SRBs and any engines from other mods won't work with waterfall, unless you have patches that add effects (such as those bundled with Nertea's other mods).

5 hours ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

Here is a set of configs for all the stock engines. https://github.com/KnightofStJohn/StockWaterfallEffects/releases If you want ot learn how  to make your own plumes this is what you need to look at as an exapmle. Restock waterfall isn't the best example because, well it a patch of a patch. It doesn't yet have all the engines, and You need to be able to get restock working.

This is a thread about how to make MM patches 

This is the handbook for making MM patches https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

and the wiki for Waterfall https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/Waterfall/wiki Netra wants to make this wiki new user friendly so I'm sure they would appericiate your experinces with it.  

It's a bit of time to go through, but if you really want to know how patching works these are your resources. Welcome to the forums.

7 hours ago, Starseeker said:

What engines are you trying to use? Waterfall - with the Waterfall Restock patch - only affects the ReStock versions of the stock liquid-fuel engines, as well as any added by ReStock+. SRBs and any engines from other mods won't work with waterfall, unless you have patches that add effects (such as those bundled with Nertea's other mods).

I’m trying to use the stock and BDB engines

2 hours ago, snkiz said:

Here is a set of configs for all the stock engines. https://github.com/KnightofStJohn/StockWaterfallEffects/releases If you want ot learn how  to make your own plumes this is what you need to look at as an exapmle. Restock waterfall isn't the best example because, well it a patch of a patch. It doesn't yet have all the engines, and You need to be able to get restock working.

This is a thread about how to make MM patches 

This is the handbook for making MM patches https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

and the wiki for Waterfall https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/Waterfall/wiki Netra wants to make this wiki new user friendly so I'm sure they would appericiate your experinces with it.  

It's a bit of time to go through, but if you really want to know how patching works these are your resources. Welcome to the forums.

Alright thanks, I’ll check it out

Im not sure if its HOW im installing it or where i am installing it but nothing Ive done has worked and I cant seem to figure out how to do an MM patch for this :( sorry for all the trouble but im kinda stupid with this stuff, so if someone could provide a pre-made MMPatch it would help

thanks anyway for all the help

25 minutes ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

Im not sure if its HOW im installing it or where i am installing it but nothing Ive done has worked and I cant seem to figure out how to do an MM patch for this :( sorry for all the trouble but im kinda stupid with this stuff, so if someone could provide a pre-made MMPatch it would help

thanks anyway for all the help

You should t need a MM patch. If you download Waterfall and WaterfallRestock, and install them both correctly, then you shouldn’t have to do anything. 
Maybe give a screenshot of your Gamedata folder? That would be helpful for diagnosing an installation error. 

28 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

You should t need a MM patch. If you download Waterfall and WaterfallRestock, and install them both correctly, then you shouldn’t have to do anything. 
Maybe give a screenshot of your Gamedata folder? That would be helpful for diagnosing an installation error. 

let me take a screenshot

but for context, I installed Waterfall, the stock configs and the restock configs the same way I do with every other (drop into gamedate)

https://imgur.com/VACs9bs

this is the only way I could get a screenshot in

Edited by Giancarlo Kerman

19 minutes ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

let me take a screenshot

but for context, I installed Waterfall, the stock configs and the restock configs the same way I do with every other (drop into gamedate)

https://imgur.com/VACs9bs

this is the only way I could get a screenshot in

Hmm. 

Looks OK. Do the Tantares engines have plumes? If not, maybe try reinstalling Waterfall.

Also, if you have Restock, you don't need the Stock Effects.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Hmm. 

Looks OK. Do the Tantares engines have plumes? If not, maybe try reinstalling Waterfall.

Also, if you have Restock, you don't need the Stock Effects.

BDB works fine but I haven’t tested tantares yet, let me get out of work and I will get back to you

hello guys i'm trying to add Waterfall  for "advanced jet engine" and i'm completely lost ! where should add the Module in this case ?

W1AsT0i.png

+PART[SQD_TurboJet]:NEEDS[AJE]:FOR[AJEEXTENDED]
{
    @name = AJEE_GEF404_Jet
     //Part specific settings
    AJEE_thrustTransformName = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/thrustTransformName$

AJEE_fxOffset = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/fxOffset$

AJEE_flameoutEffect = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/flameoutEffect$
    AJEE_runningEffect = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/runningEffect$
    AJEE_powerEffect = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/powerEffect$
    AJEE_engageEffect = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/engageEffect$
    AJEE_disengageEffect = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/disengageEffect$
    AJEE_spoolEffect = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/spoolEffect$
    AJEE_spoolEffect2 = #$@AJEE_PART_TEMPLATES/SQUAD_TURBOJET/spoolEffect2$
}

@PART[AJEE_GEF404_Jet]:NEEDS[AJE]:FOR[AJEEXTENDED]
{    
    @title = #$@AJEE_TEMPLATES/AJEE_GE404/title$
    @manufacturer = #$@AJEE_TEMPLATES/AJEE_GE404/manufacturer$
    @description = #$@AJEE_TEMPLATES/AJEE_GE404/description$
    @mass = #$@AJEE_TEMPLATES/AJEE_GE404/mass$

@rescaleFactor = #$@AJEE_TEMPLATES/AJEE_GE404/diameter$
    @rescaleFactor /= #$/base_diameter$

@category = Engine

#@AJEE_TEMPLATES/AJEE_GE404/MODULE[ModuleEnginesAJEJet] {}

//No thrust vectoring on this engine
    !MODULE[ModuleGimbal] {}
     //Part specific settings
    @MODULE[ModuleEnginesAJEJet]
    {
        %thrustVectorTransformName = #$../AJEE_thrustTransformName$

%fxOffset = #$../AJEE_fxOffset$

%flameoutEffectName = #$../AJEE_flameoutEffect$
        %runningEffectName = #$../AJEE_runningEffect$
        %powerEffectName = #$../AJEE_powerEffect$
        %engageEffectName = #$../AJEE_engageEffect$
        %disengageEffectName = #$../AJEE_disengageEffect$
        %spoolEffectName = #$../AJEE_spoolEffect$
        %spoolEffectName2 = #$../AJEE_spoolEffect2$
    }
}

@PART[AJEE_GEF404_Jet]:NEEDS[AJE&RealFuels]:AFTER[AJEEXTENDED]
{
    #@AJEE_TEMPLATES/AJEE_GE404/MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs] {}
}

Not with my pc at the moment so I can’t try Waterfall, but it looks absolutely incredibly from what I’ve seen on here!

I wouldn’t normally ask (but I’m not with my pc like I said) but is this on ckan/will be in future?

1 minute ago, MR L A said:

Not with my pc at the moment so I can’t try Waterfall, but it looks absolutely incredibly from what I’ve seen on here!

I wouldn’t normally ask (but I’m not with my pc like I said) but is this on ckan/will be in future?

Yes. Waterfall is on CKAN 

3 minutes ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

I come bearing good news for once! Tantares works just fine with waterfall! just not the stock or restock parts, do I only need one config?

You need the WaterfallRestock config installed to give ReStock engines Waterfall effetcs; since most stock engines (aside from jet engines) are replaced by ReStock, the ReStock config should be all you need on the stock/restock side of things. It could be that having both is somehow creating some kind of error; try removing the configs for stock engines and see if that changes things.

Edited by Starseeker

1 minute ago, Starseeker said:

You need the WaterfallRestock config installed to give ReStock engines Waterfall effetcs; since most stock engines (aside from jet engines) are replaced by ReStock, the ReStock config should be all you need on the stock/restock side of things. It could be that having both is somehow creating some kind of error; try removing the configs for stock engines and see if that changes things.

thats probably it, Thanks!