[1.12.X] Neptune Camera - Basic Camera Utility [4.2][21.06.2023]

Beale

2 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I believe he just wanted an integrated UI of what the camera is showing while playing, not a technical aspect of where the lens is pointing in the model. In other words, much like the current telescope mods. That let's you move the camera live, and take pictures while actively showing you the camera.

I have a small request. Is it possible to have an option, or a hotkey so that the camera can take photos automatically at a regular interval?

Because one of the things I love about this mod is taking pictures every 5-10 seconds while orbiting or while landing, and it would be much much easier if I could focus on the landing, instead of having to both land and take a picture every X seconds.

Hey! Sure I'll see if that might be possible. I must admit it's something I wanted for panoramas, etc.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Hey! Sure I'll see if that might be possible. I must admit it's something I wanted for panoramas, etc.

do you already have different zoom levels? mebbe have a *seperate* button that switches the camera view, to a pre-set, wide FoV/zoom level, kinda lie a "spotting scope" level... vOv and doesnt change any preset zoom level, when you switch bac to "picture taking mode"

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

do you already have different zoom levels? mebbe have a *seperate* button that switches the camera view, to a pre-set, wide FoV/zoom level, kinda lie a "spotting scope" level... vOv and doesnt change any preset zoom level, when you switch bac to "picture taking mode"

I don't understand sorry.

14 hours ago, billbobjebkirk said:

Would it be possible to make FoV, Resolution, Noise, and Grain tweakable in construction? Or would that require too much change to the base code of the mod?

Funny you asked

Noise, grain, and resolution will remain fixed for now, but I can look at allowing tweakables to them in future.
This update should be available today or tomorrow.

MY52bEv.jpg

Zooming in on Moho slideshow.
zoom_on_moho.gif

33 minutes ago, Beale said:

Funny you asked

Noise, grain, and resolution will remain fixed for now, but I can look at allowing tweakables to them in future.
This update should be available today or tomorrow.

MY52bEv.jpg

Zooming in on Moho slideshow.
zoom_on_moho.gif

Hmmm...Where have I seen that last one in real space missions?

Neptune Camera V3.0

Download and Releases (GitHub)

Source Code (GitHub)

Cameras can now have minimum and maximum FOV settings, and transition between them with a slider.
Camera's PAW elements now sit inside a collapsible group.

No changes are needed for existing cameras.
You can make use of the new features with the new config lines:

cameraFieldOfViewMax = 110
cameraFieldOfViewMin = 20

If not specified the maximum and minimum will be locked to the field of view of the camera.

n4D5Gth.jpg
N3criAo.gif

Neptune Camera V4.0

Source Code (GitHub)

Cameras now have a toggle-able live preview option by default. This can be configured per camera in the config with the new field:

cameraHasDisplayWindow = True / False

If your camera has a custom title, it will appear in the preview window.

PqLynZb.jpg

Edited by Beale

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First I`d like to thank you for your wonderful mod, the style of cameras fits perfectly into my playstyle! It is now easy to produce rover views without heaving to fullscreen the camera view.

The only thing that is sad for me is, that there are so little cameras available for your mod right now. 

I tried to rewrite the cfg of some of the vds-hullcam ones but seem to be unable to get pictures out of the edited cameras.

Does anyone have an idea wether or not the hullcam cameras could be fittet with a neptune module, without changing something in the part models?

Thanks for your help,

8 minutes ago, Janus said:

Hello,

First I`d like to thank you for your wonderful mod, the style of cameras fits perfectly into my playstyle! It is now easy to produce rover views without heaving to fullscreen the camera view.

The only thing that is sad for me is, that there are so little cameras available for your mod right now. 

I tried to rewrite the cfg of some of the vds-hullcam ones but seem to be unable to get pictures out of the edited cameras.

Does anyone have an idea wether or not the hullcam cameras could be fittet with a neptune module, without changing something in the part models?

Thanks for your help,

Many thanks!

Unfortunately I am not sure if the hullcam parts will have the transform needed in the model to hook on the camera module. Sorry, I am not too familiar with how that mod works :(

Neptune Camera V4.1

Source Code (GitHub)

There was a small issue where the live preview was culling some of the new revamped bodies (e.g. minmus) in  its display. This has now been fixed.

screenshot193.png

Many thanks!

Unfortunately I am not sure if the hullcam parts will have the transform needed in the model to hook on the camera module. Sorry, I am not too familiar with how that mod works :(

No Problem! Love your work! Thanks for the really quick answer :cool:

• 1 month later...

Live preview of ScaledSpaces of planets, that have EVE atmo(without Scatterer) seems to be bugged(lit side is grey, unlit is OK). It's only life preview, the photos made are OK. PQSspace is OK too. KSP 1.11.1, latest NeptuneCamera, latest EVE-Redux and SVE, no Scatterer. Absolutely nothing suspicious in logs.ZNxULuU.jpg

Edited by Hohmannson

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really having trouble getting this mod to work, I fresh installed the game.  1.11.2 (windows) I installed only Tantares SP and the Neptune Camera mod, latest versions, and for some reason the Neptune mod isn't working with the cameras, there's no options appearing, anyone care to lend some insight on this? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 3:17 PM, Stone Blue said:

Just curious *how* you are using this with Probe Control Room?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

I'd love to see these in Of Course I Still Love You, as well...

On 2/14/2021 at 6:51 AM, Beale said:

If your camera has a custom title, it will appear in the preview window.

How/where does this custom title get set? Just based on the part name?

32 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

I'd love to see these in Of Course I Still Love You, as well...

How/where does this custom title get set? Just based on the part name?

Just need to specify the field in the config:

cameraHasCustomTitle = True

cameraCustomTitle = blah blah

Check front page for details :)