[1.12.X] Neptune Camera - Basic Camera Utility [4.2][21.06.2023]

Beale

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2023 at 5:50 AM, PyjackMeat said:

Noticed a bug with Parallax 2, the new scatters don't appear.

There is not much I can do here. Parallax terrain goes on a totally separate object layer setup.
Anyone is welcome to create a "ParallaxNeptuneCamera" fork - but it would need to be a fork indeed IMO, as the rendering setup is quite different.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:07 PM, funnelton said:

@Beale,is this mod gonna get updated soon? Neptune camera breaks with scatterer's new atmospheres..

s5Ua2tU.png

Same as my response above.

• 1 month later...

How do I add just the color camera without it auto adding the red blue green and greyscale? Is this possible? im getting too many buttons in some configurations, havent been able to pin down a pattern but its only when using the FULL_COLOR

• 1 month later...

Working on a small update with a few goodies

rWg3Iss.png?width=598&height=597

On 5/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, Astra Infinitum said:

How do I add just the color camera without it auto adding the red blue green and greyscale? Is this possible? im getting too many buttons in some configurations, havent been able to pin down a pattern but its only when using the FULL_COLOR

I don't actually think this is possible right now, but I'm re-writing some bits so I will try and get this in for you.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, Astra Infinitum said:

You can now use FULL_COLOUR_ONLY in the latest version (you need to use the British spelling).
This adds a camera that can only take full colour photos, the RGB + BW channel options will be hidden.

Neptune Camera Version 4.2 for KSP 1.12.X

Neptune Camera
Version 4.2

- Included a small example camera part.
- Cameras can now have their camera transform specified in config.
- Cameras can now be full-colour-only (no separate RGB modes).

place the NeptuneCamera folder into KSP/GameData to use.
Only a basic sample camera is included in the mod.
Several other mods (for example TantaresSP, Bluedog Design Bureau) include many more camera parts.

All Rights Reserved

https://i.imgur.com/wfoqTB2.pngneptune_2023_6_21_21_0_42_504_cd619df7.png

Edited by Beale

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 3:50 PM, Beale said:

You can now use FULL_COLOUR_ONLY in the latest version (you need to use the British spelling).
This adds a camera that can only take full colour photos, the RGB + BW channel options will be hidden.

Neptune Camera Version 4.2 for KSP 1.12.X

Neptune Camera
Version 4.2

- Included a small example camera part.
- Cameras can now have their camera transform specified in config.
- Cameras can now be full-colour-only (no separate RGB modes).

place the NeptuneCamera folder into KSP/GameData to use.
Only a basic sample camera is included in the mod.
Several other mods (for example TantaresSP, Bluedog Design Bureau) include many more camera parts.

All Rights Reserved

https://i.imgur.com/wfoqTB2.pngneptune_2023_6_21_21_0_42_504_cd619df7.png

Thanks for adding that feature!!

For anyone wanting to know, many mods have parts that have camera transforms built into them that are basically "unused" more or less. If you have the plugin to import KSP part models into blender you can find the parts transform name (IF it has one) and use that in the neptuneCam config. I also believe the object inspector mod can give you this info.

I created configs for all the Near future spacecraft command pods that take advantage of each pods 2 camera transforms. Will post them here soon just need to make sure it's all working 100%

I also have configs for tarsier mod parts, JWST, and CactEye

Edited by Astra Infinitum

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 3:31 PM, JustLeeo said:

Hello, are there any planned updates for paralax, eve, scatterer support? or if you know if theres a fork for support?

You would have to raise it with the developers for these, I don't have a clue how those mods change terrain generation / unity layers etc.

On 11/11/2023 at 12:20 PM, Jebby Boi said:

Just a quick question, How do you recommend mixing R G B photos? Ik you can use full Colour, I just wanted to do this for effect.

In photohop you can go

Channels -> r / g / b

and paste into the individual colour channel for each, then when you return to the regular view, it should be full colour image :)

23 hours ago, Beale said:

You would have to raise it with the developers for these, I don't have a clue how those mods change terrain generation / unity layers etc.

In photohop you can go

Channels -> r / g / b

and paste into the individual colour channel for each, then when you return to the regular view, it should be full colour image :)

its a very fun feature to play around with. I made a small gif of a satellite being deorbited, looks really cool. However i've noticed some weird.. buginess to say the least? A clone of the image is created, and stamped ontop of the original in the corner, while being stretched. This is a really odd bug, could you have a look into it? It seems to be a 50/50 chance of it happening.

Edited by Unbreakify

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...