Jump to content

[1.11.X] Neptune Camera - Basic Camera Utility [4.0][14.02.2021]


Beale
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

It uses camera transform, thus it's compatible with moving parts(Kerbal Actuators sample arm on the screenshot). Wow. Curiosity's SciCam or MastCam, anyone?

Yes... works the same as HullCamVDS & KURS Docking Port cams... Can even use the same transform from them... Just takes an MM cfg patch to use NC with the Hullcam camera parts.
For animated meshes, the transform just needs to be childed to the animated mesh ;)

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick question - would it be possible to add neptune camera to carriable items via Kerbal inventory system?

I`m thinking about a working hasselblad camera to spice up full realism play throughs. Would be cool after having working mastcams on my rovers and "Through the eyes of a kerbal" simply isn`t the same as having to carry equipment with me in the inventory to take a screenshot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, Janus said:

Just a quick question - would it be possible to add neptune camera to carriable items via Kerbal inventory system?

I`m thinking about a working hasselblad camera to spice up full realism play throughs. Would be cool after having working mastcams on my rovers and "Through the eyes of a kerbal" simply isn`t the same as having to carry equipment with me in the inventory to take a screenshot.

 

Should be totally possible yeah

On 5/10/2021 at 10:38 PM, billbobjebkirk said:

Has anyone else had an issue with the camera seemingly picking up orbital paths? I don't know if this is just an issue with Neptune or a bad mod interaction or what.

 

qAwNBgG.png

trying to get to the bottom of this one, they appear occasionally for me, but not always, hard to pin down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 5:24 PM, Stone Blue said:

Yes... works the same as HullCamVDS & KURS Docking Port cams... Can even use the same transform from them... Just takes an MM cfg patch to use NC with the Hullcam camera parts.
For animated meshes, the transform just needs to be childed to the animated mesh ;)

I'm sorry if this is obvious, but do you have an example of a MM patch to get this working with Hullcam? I've tried creating a patch and while it shows up in game, it doesn't seem to work; the preview display is empty and the buttons don't do anything. The buttons are also duplicated several times despite the module only showing up once in the MM cache. I'm stumped. :/ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Zelda said:

creating a patc

You need to type camera transform in it. For finding them, try using Kerbal Object Inspector. Here's my patch for TrackingLights mod for example.

@PART[MiniSpotlight]
{ 
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleNeptuneCamera
        cameraTransformName = Lens_low
        cameraType = FULL_COLOUR
        cameraHasCustomFieldOfView = true
        cameraFieldOfView = 70
        cameraFieldOfViewMax = 170
        cameraFieldOfViewMin = 5
        cameraHorizontalResolution = 2000
        cameraVerticalResolution = 2000
        cameraHasErrors = False
        cameraErrorRate = 0
        cameraHasNoise = True
        cameraNoiseMaxStrength = 2
        cameraHasCustomTitle = true
        cameraCustomTitle = mts_camera
    }
}

Transform should be in the place you want the camera to be and to look where you want it to look, you may not be able to patch some parts that don't have proper transforms, but - you can use them on moving parts, unlike Hullcam VDS module. This patch literally turns mini spotlight into a two-axis moveable camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

You need to type camera transform in it. For finding them, try using Kerbal Object Inspector. Here's my patch for TrackingLights mod for example.



@PART[MiniSpotlight]
{ 
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleNeptuneCamera
        cameraTransformName = Lens_low
        cameraType = FULL_COLOUR
        cameraHasCustomFieldOfView = true
        cameraFieldOfView = 70
        cameraFieldOfViewMax = 170
        cameraFieldOfViewMin = 5
        cameraHorizontalResolution = 2000
        cameraVerticalResolution = 2000
        cameraHasErrors = False
        cameraErrorRate = 0
        cameraHasNoise = True
        cameraNoiseMaxStrength = 2
        cameraHasCustomTitle = true
        cameraCustomTitle = mts_camera
    }
}

Transform should be in the place you want the camera to be and to look where you want it to look, you may not be able to patch some parts that don't have proper transforms, but - you can use them on moving parts, unlike Hullcam VDS module. This patch literally turns mini spotlight into a two-axis moveable camera.

Ah, thank you so much! I will give this a try. 

Edit: Hmm, I'm guessing that the HullCamVDS parts don't have the proper transforms because none of the ones I can see in Kerbal Object Inspector seem to work, or if they do, they are not oriented correctly. I'm probably doing it wrong though :P That said, I did try the small spotlight which looks like a little camera lens, and that worked perfectly, so I think I'll just make use of that instead. Thanks so much for the help!

Edited by Zelda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

having a problem where i cannot use my custom field of view, or access the view window in game 

@PART[navcam]:NEEDS[NeptuneCamera]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleNeptuneCamera
    cameraTransformName = cameraTransform
    cameraHasCustomTitle = True
    cameraCustomTitle = "NC"
    cameraHasDisplayWindow = True

    cameraType = FULL_COLOUR
    cameraHorizontalResolution = 960
    cameraVerticalResolution = 720

    cameraHasCustomFieldOfView = True
    cameraFieldOfView = 1
    cameraFieldOfViewMax = 10
    cameraFieldOfviewMin = 0.4
    cameraHasNoise = True
    cameraNoiseMaxStrength=5
    cameraHasErrors = False
    cameraErrorRate = 0
  }
}

it keeps going to some default fov value which looks like 60 or 70

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is it possible to get a very small fov? using rss/ro and i cant seem to get any higher than 60 ish fov even though the config, and vab says it has 1fov. not getting a fov slider either. are there any known mod incompatibilities that cause this or other people that have the same problem? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, Hohmannson said:

You need to type camera transform in it. For finding them, try using Kerbal Object Inspector. Here's my patch for TrackingLights mod for example.

@PART[MiniSpotlight]
{ 
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleNeptuneCamera
        cameraTransformName = Lens_low
        cameraType = FULL_COLOUR
        cameraHasCustomFieldOfView = true
        cameraFieldOfView = 70
        cameraFieldOfViewMax = 170
        cameraFieldOfViewMin = 5
        cameraHorizontalResolution = 2000
        cameraVerticalResolution = 2000
        cameraHasErrors = False
        cameraErrorRate = 0
        cameraHasNoise = True
        cameraNoiseMaxStrength = 2
        cameraHasCustomTitle = true
        cameraCustomTitle = mts_camera
    }
}

Transform should be in the place you want the camera to be and to look where you want it to look, you may not be able to patch some parts that don't have proper transforms, but - you can use them on moving parts, unlike Hullcam VDS module. This patch literally turns mini spotlight into a two-axis moveable camera.

This is something I've really been wanting. Why did i not see this before (or realise i could?!) Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, Hohmannson said:

You need to type camera transform in it. For finding them, try using Kerbal Object Inspector. Here's my patch for TrackingLights mod for example.

@PART[MiniSpotlight]
{ 
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleNeptuneCamera
        cameraTransformName = Lens_low
        cameraType = FULL_COLOUR
        cameraHasCustomFieldOfView = true
        cameraFieldOfView = 70
        cameraFieldOfViewMax = 170
        cameraFieldOfViewMin = 5
        cameraHorizontalResolution = 2000
        cameraVerticalResolution = 2000
        cameraHasErrors = False
        cameraErrorRate = 0
        cameraHasNoise = True
        cameraNoiseMaxStrength = 2
        cameraHasCustomTitle = true
        cameraCustomTitle = mts_camera
    }
}

Transform should be in the place you want the camera to be and to look where you want it to look, you may not be able to patch some parts that don't have proper transforms, but - you can use them on moving parts, unlike Hullcam VDS module. This patch literally turns mini spotlight into a two-axis moveable camera.

Do you know what would be the transform name for the launchPadLamp from the same TrackingLights mod?

Also, @Beale, the resolution change in the quote doesn't give a larger window.  Is there anyway of getting a window say 600 by 600?  I tried it with 256 each way and had the same result a 128x128 camera view.

Thanks!

Edited by theJesuit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

transform name

Just listed them by KerbalObjectInspector, most suspected is

Lens

And other candidates are

Light Internal

reflector

Spotlight

Letter register and spaces do matter. Have fun!

Oh, and may be

LightCan

 

Edited by Hohmannson
forgot one
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Just listed them by KerbalObjectInspector, most suspected is

Lens

 

Lens worked thanks!

I'm still having the issue with the window only being a 128x128 window.

On 6/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, Hohmannson said:

 

@PART[MiniSpotlight]
{ 
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleNeptuneCamera
        cameraTransformName = Lens_low
        cameraType = FULL_COLOUR
        cameraHasCustomFieldOfView = true
        cameraFieldOfView = 70
        cameraFieldOfViewMax = 170
        cameraFieldOfViewMin = 5
        cameraHorizontalResolution = 2000
        cameraVerticalResolution = 2000
        cameraHasErrors = False
        cameraErrorRate = 0
        cameraHasNoise = True
        cameraNoiseMaxStrength = 2
        cameraHasCustomTitle = true
        cameraCustomTitle = mts_camera
    }
}

 

Using your patch exactly doesn't give  a massive window, of 2000x2000, rather it still comes out at 128x128.  I've tried  the suggested patch inn the OP with 256x256 as well.  same result

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Lens worked thanks!

I'm still having the issue with the window only being a 128x128 window.

Using your patch exactly doesn't give  a massive window, of 2000x2000, rather it still comes out at 128x128.  I've tried  the suggested patch inn the OP with 256x256 as well.  same result

This question was asked a few months ago, and I believe the answer is you can't resize the window. The resolution in the patch affects the output resolution of the image written to the Screenshots folder. 

Hohmannson beat me to it - what he said. :)

Edited by Zelda
Hohmannson beat me to it
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

It's output screenshot resolution, you can't do anything with window

 

18 minutes ago, Zelda said:

This question was asked a few months ago, and I believe the answer is you can't resize the window. The resolution in the patch affects the output resolution of the image written to the Screenshots folder. 

Oh thanks.

Shame really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, UlanaTV said:

I'm really having trouble getting this mod to work, I fresh installed the game.  1.11.2 (windows) I installed only Tantares SP and the Neptune Camera mod, latest versions, and for some reason the Neptune mod isn't working with the cameras, there's no options appearing, anyone care to lend some insight on this? 

Hey there.
Sorry If I'm bumping or anything like that, but I think I may have a solution for your issue.

In my config files for "Opal Visible Light Camera", the module for NeptuneCamera was commented out for some reason.
2lwboXb.png
I changed this and now the camera loaded and took pictures fine.
SvT8fGY.png
Unsure why this happened but maybe check your part's configuration files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...