How many hours have you played KSP for?

GuessingEveryDay

I own the game on GOG.com, and it only records play time if you launch it from the GOG Galaxy client. I have multiple installs and launch from a desktop shortcut most of the time, so I have no idea exactly how many hours I've played.

But I can estimate - I started playing KSP on December 25 2017. As I type this it has been 966 days since then. If I assume that I've played for 2 hours every day (This is probably a fairly accurate estimate. Once again, I have no idea on the specifics, I don't record how long I play every day, and there have been periods of several days where I haven't played) since then, that's 966 * 2 = 1932 hours. It could be a lot more or a lot less, but I do know that I have sunk a perhaps unhealthy amount of time into this game in the 2 and a half years I've been playing :P

yeah I'll just play a couple hours KSP....6-8 hours later...and that was much of the first few years
If I played an ave. of 6 hours per session, 290 days of the year for the first 5 years that's ~8700 hours. and then in the last 3 years more like ave. 4 hours per session 175 days in the year (~2100).
I'm almost certainly over the 10,000 hour mark.....and that's a fairly conservative estimate. 

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I own the game on GOG.com, and it only records play time if you launch it from the GOG Galaxy client. I have multiple installs and launch from a desktop shortcut most of the time, so I have no idea exactly how many hours I've played.

Same here with Steam.

When I saw the .exe existed I ditched the Steam client version because when I press F12 to see the aerodynamics overlay, Steam takes an annoying screenshot.

So I usually use the .exe and since I have 3 installs, I calculate 1,200 hours of KSP (mainly because low FPS you know)

Making a really rough estimate here on 6 Hours a day on average, this would include many hours during the weekends and I'm probably cutting myself short. I started around early 2014 so I'm thinking 6 hours a day for those 6 years and some would put me around 13,140 hrs. Just recently I've been taking a huge break for the first time since I started. The Construction Site Videos took a lot out of me and I've been recouping since the latest Video.

EDIT: Wow so I actually took a screen shot a few months ago and those numbers haven't changed. here it is.

ksp-11h.jpg

(I'd be surprised if my non-Steam numbers were in the multiple thousands)

Edited by Superfluous J
I actually had the correct image :o

33 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

The numbers are 11 hours and May 6 2020 now, but this picture is accurate enough to not bother retaking.

kspsteam.jpg

(I'd be surprised if my non-Steam numbers were in the multiple thousands)

I have the same event. I can assume that back in early 2019 I was playing for hours every day. I consumed tons of time on it. I would guess about 1,800 hours. Like I played 8 hours daily (except sunday is my screen reducing day) for like the first 5 weeks. I didn't want to drop it down until I got to Duna.

usually every mission takes about 2-8 hours based on complexity [and that's just the mission alone]

Edited by Guest

1,630 hours according to Steam, or just under 68 days.

I started playing at the beginning of June 2016, let’s say.. June 5th, (I don’t remember the exact day but I’m pretty sure that’s within a week of when I got the game) in version 1.1, 4 years, 2 months, and 12 days ago at the time of this post. (1,534 days ago.)
 After doing some math, that means I’ve spent, on average, 1.06 hours playing KSP per day since then, or, in other words, about 4.4% of the time.

Honestly a bit of a lower percentage than I expected, but I guess that isn’t a bad thing after all.

That percentage was probably much higher towards the beginning, but over time I’ve gradually found myself playing less overall. In fact, I’m almost certain that over half my playtime was racked up in the first year. 13 year old me was undisputably a KSP aficionado.

Edited by Jack Joseph Kerman

3 hours ago, katateochi said:

I'm almost certainly over the 10,000 hour mark.....and that's a fairly conservative estimate. 

I'm about the same probably.  Somewhere between 5k and 10k at least.  I have the store version from 2012, so I have no real idea about how long I've played.   4 computers, 3 houses.  It's been a while. 

I bought the game from the KSP Store in March 2013, not on Steam so I don't have a 'record'.  My best guess is probably in the region of 4000 to 5000 hours.

I know, I'm slacking compared to some.

Edited by pandaman

Bought from the store, not Steam, so no "official" count for me... but I'd say, as a rough estimate only, within a close order of magnitude of 6k hours (that is, not less than 3k nor more than 12k) over the last 6 years. (about 9.6-38 hours per week)

Never even thought about until I saw this thread. I guess I play too much! (admittedly, a lot of those hours were spent diagnosing reasons for why something went weird and I ended up staring at my desktop... probably more than I have spent actually playing the game! :^Þ )

I also purchased directly from the store (and have not elected to transfer it to Steam).

Nevertheless, I know my answer to the question of "how many hours?" with certainty and precision:

NOT ENOUGH

Edited by KevinTMC
Not emphatic enough without boldface...

Among other things, I'm still yet to figure out how to put a KV-3 pod on the Mun with the same tech as my other landers. Damn thing is heavy; using the same launcher as the rest of my Mun rockets leaves me 500 m/s short. And I'm also currently waiting on a Duna transfer window in order to launch my first manned mission outside Kerbin's SOI (or to be exact, the first one that didn't return into the SOI after a few minutes). Oh, and I gotta do my first career game too sometime in the future.

Hence why I said I got things to do. The great majority of that 1000 hours I spent in the VAB re-re-re-re-re-redesigning all my stuff over and over and over again, not in flight.

Edited by Fraktal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.