Kerbal Rescue Force-Have a stranded kerbal? Post here!

Lewie

17 hours ago, Jeb federation said:

What has has become of this? I wait with bated breath.:confused:

Well, I’m planning on the rescue tonight! Due to high school life, I only have time for ksp on the weekends. 

(Well, the actually mission will take place tomorrow, but y’know...the crew is almost saved!)

Edited by Lewie

So... @Lewie remember this?

On 8/19/2020 at 8:45 PM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

If you want... I could make the badge. No guarantees, though.

I had some spare time today, so I went ahead and made 3 badges!

Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/tOadDp5

Spoiler

XoK82Pe.jpg

This is the Pilot badge. Anyone who has flown at least 1 rescue mission can have this.

Spoiler

TTRX5Aj.jpg

This is the Commander badge. I was thinking that anyone with >5 rescue missions could have this.

Spoiler

9cDkKgv.jpg

And this is the Veteran badge. I was thinking that anyone who has flown >20 rescue missions can display this.

Spoiler

I made this all.... with a bit of Google-fu and Powerpoint. Took less than 30 minutes!

Also, suggestion. You should make a... whatever you call it "leaderboard" in the op. All rescue missions should be flown and linked to in the OP, maybe like this?

KRF-7: {Spacecraft} rescued by @Lewie for {Person}     

Description: Rescued Example User's X-17 spacecraft that was stranded in solar orbit.  Mission was sucess, all kerbals returned alive.

KRF-8: {Spacecraft} rescued by @Lewie for {Person}

Description: Rescued Example User's X-18 spacecraft that was stranded in solar orbit.  Mission was sucess, all kerbals returned alive.

*Kerbal Rescue Force, Rescue 7

**Blue is link to the mission report thread or post or video

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

I think this is a good idea guys! Just discovered this, and I think that people will say this is a ripoff of @Matt Lowne's Blunderbirds, but he has said that he doesn't want to keep doing Mun and Duna missions and that his "Blunderbirds paradox" makes him resist to do Blunderbirds. So I think it's cool that other people will be able to rescue other missions. So sign me up! BTW, where is the videos being uploaded.

So, anyone need a rescue mission?

12 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

So... @Lewie remember this?

I had some spare time today, so I went ahead and made 3 badges!

Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/tOadDp5

Hide contents

XoK82Pe.jpg

This is the Pilot badge. Anyone who has flown at least 1 rescue mission can have this.

Hide contents

TTRX5Aj.jpg

This is the Commander badge. I was thinking that anyone with >5 rescue missions could have this.

Hide contents

9cDkKgv.jpg

And this is the Veteran badge. I was thinking that anyone who has flown >20 rescue missions can display this.

Hide contents

I made this all.... with a bit of Google-fu and Powerpoint. Took less than 30 minutes!

Also, suggestion. You should make a... whatever you call it "leaderboard" in the op. All rescue missions should be flown and linked to in the OP, maybe like this?

KRF-7: {Spacecraft} rescued by @Lewie for {Person}     

Description: Rescued Example User's X-17 spacecraft that was stranded in solar orbit.  Mission was sucess, all kerbals returned alive.

KRF-8: {Spacecraft} rescued by @Lewie for {Person}

Description: Rescued Example User's X-18 spacecraft that was stranded in solar orbit.  Mission was sucess, all kerbals returned alive.

*Kerbal Rescue Force, Rescue 7

**Blue is link to the mission report thread or post or video

Don't forget to make a "Founder" badge, and give it to @Lewie!

19 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Just discovered this, and I think that people will say this is a ripoff of Matt Lowne’'s Blunderbirds

So, anyone need a rescue mission?

There’s a lot of reddit users with stranded kerbals, that’s always an option...As for being a Blunderbirds rip-off...We should probably ask, actually...

Hey @Matt Lowne, is this project ok by you, despite being a blatant rip-off er, a community-led rescue force inspired by your Blunderbirds?

Edited by Lewie

7 hours ago, Jeb federation said:

Interesting craft there, never thought about using mono engines on a lander.

So whats your plan of attack currently? :ph34r:

Just how I would do any mission to a mun arch. gonna use a probe core though for the first part.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:27 PM, adsii1970 said:

@Lewie - great idea. But since I began playing in version .22, I have always had an unspoken rule about KSP - I try not to kill my Kerbals and I never leave them behind. I cannot begin to tell you the number of rescue missions I've had to launch to get some poor idiot Kerbal who was either stranded in orbit or stuck on Minmus, the Mün, or beyond. :)

I also never send a Kerbal beyond a medium Kerbin orbit (I define this as at an altitude of 120Km above Kerbin) alone for any long duration flights.

IDIOT Kerbonaut, more like a mistake you made fixed

On 9/18/2020 at 4:47 PM, Lewie said:

There’s a lot of reddit users with stranded kerbals, that’s always an option...As for being a Blunderbirds rip-off...We should probably ask, actually...

Hey @Matt Lowne, is this project ok by you, despite being a blatant rip-off er, a community-led rescue force inspired by your Blunderbirds?

DM him, or ask in a yt vid of his. 

2 hours ago, Mikenike said:

DM him, or ask in a yt vid of his. 

He stopped allowing DMs because he was getting 50 new conversations a day.

which he said was affecting his mental health

5 minutes ago, Lewie said:

And you do have your channel, of course...y’know, just a thought mr. Fox...

If you are asking if I will be putting it on YT then yes. I have decided what I am going to do. I am going to try and recover the craft with the rescue.

Actually SSTO sounds cool. Especially since I haven't done a Mun SSTO before. Let me think about it...

On 8/17/2020 at 7:19 PM, Gargamel said:

Yes, yes it is.  :P  But that's perfectly ok!   I like the idea of having a community based "rescue force" as you put it.    I would think though rescues should require a video or written report to allow the rescued player to learn how to do it. 

crs3sjtte3WE80cq9fIciawEUrbin8CiJxxX7XUP

tbf people rescued each other's stuff before that series started, but recording it, yeah I guess that is quite similar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.