[1.12.X] Eisenhower Astronautics v1.1.0 - Stockalike Angara

EStreetRockets

I7rDIgI.png
Picture by @Vals_Aerospace

Stockalike Angara and Post-Soviet spacecraft for KSP
v1.1.0 (26 May 2021)

This mod adds the Angara launch vehicle and it associated upper stages to the game. It will eventually include more rockets developed in the Post-Soviet era. It is meant to mesh well with Tantares, Bluedog Design Bureau, and other stockalike mods. 

Gallery

DOWNLOADS
Spacedock
Github

DEVELOPMENT
BUG REPORTS
WIKI
ROADMAP

Made by @EStreetRockets

Support from B9PS and SAF provided by @blowfish

(Un)official wiki maintained by @Friznit

Special thanks  to @PickledTripod, @CobaltWolf, @Beale, and @DylanSemrau,
as well as many others who aided development.

I am open to suggestions. Please feel free to (respectfully) let me know about stuff you think would make a good addition to the mod. Make sure check the roadmap before you ask. As of now, the scope of this mod is Russian spacecraft in the Post-Soviet era.

Dependencies (included in download, check for latest versions!):

B9 Part Switch (2.17.0)
Community Resource Pack (1.4.2)
Module Manager (4.1.4)
Simple Adjustable Fairings (1.12.0)
DeployableEngines (1.3.0)

Installation:

Merge the GameData folder in the release .ZIP with the GameData folder in your KSP installation.
All of the dependencies come included with the mod.

The "Eisenhower-Astronautics" folder, as well all dependencies, should appear alongside the "Squad" folder.

Recommended Mods:

Eisenhower Astronautics comes with support for the following mods: 

• WaterfallFX - A cool way to create and drive engine effects more effectively. If you want cool engine plumes, get this mod.
  • CryoTanks - This provides a set of patches provide fuel-switching features for the most basic LF/O tanks as well as orbital fuel tanks specially designed to contain cryogenic fuels.

I recommend you use all of them for a complete experience.

Frequently Asked Questions

How are the parts balanced?
Parts are balanced against stock KSP parts, which means the launch vehicles might seem overpowered. The parts are best suited for a 2.5x~ system rescale or JNSQ.

Will you add feature/part xxx?
I certainly accept pull requests. Please target all such things to the dev branch though! Or, you can make a constructive suggestion on the forum thread. Please check the roadmap above before asking.

Licensing:

Spoiler

This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

This means that you are free to:

-Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format -Remix, transform, and build upon the material

Under the following terms:

-You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. -You may not use the material for commercial purposes. -If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. -You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

Edited by EStreetRockets

I look forward to seeing this develop.  There was a really good looking Angara rocket years ago, but it was abandoned, and it was more of a real-world art style, so it did not match everything else.

I say, your engines look much better than Tantares ones. :) I'm looking forward to Angara and to Soyuz-5. Shame about Block D, though, the one in Tantares is really bad. The engine has no details and it doesn't have the jettisonable shroud or the RCS system.

Also, do have a look at the Yenisei:
superheavy_tskb_6booster_var4_1.jpg

Basically, 6x Soyuz 5 first stage clustered around another Soyuz 5, but with the RD-180 engine and with a dual RD-0146 upper stage. The RD-180 is in BDB already, so if you don't want to make it you could ask @CobaltWolf to make a compatible Soyuz 5 boattail. :) 

@Dragon01 That is not the Soyuz 5 I am planning on creating. I am going to make the Methalox version, with the RD-0164 and the RD-0169 (maybe) and RD-0124M( (RD-0124 burning CH4+LOX). Check it out:
soyuz5_family_2015_1.jpg

Yenisei will still be possible, because you could use Beale's RD-170, BDB's RD-180, and my RD-0146  (eventually) from Angara.

On another note, there's no need to bash other mod dev's work, even when comparing or praising someone else's work. While I appreciate the sentiment, that's just not ok. I think Beale's work is excellent, and I hope my engines are half as good. By the way, he just revamped the Blok D and improved it greatly, so you should totally check it out again.

I was talking about the new version of Block D, actually. I tried it and it was very disappointing. Neither the lower shroud, engine turbomachinery nor jettisonable RCS are modeled. Same with RD-170, Beale's version is a cylinder with four nozzle-shaped bits sticking out. I am specifically interested in exposed, fully modeled variants of both RD-58 and RD-170, which would be useful in combination with parts from other mods. Tantares does not have that, and likely never will. 

I've heard of the older Soyuz-5 variant, and it is a good project, too. I just thought you were referring to the newer rocket. Are you going to give it actual LOX+Methane fuel? Nertea is planning to make a CryoEngines addition with methalox engines, so it would fit in. I would also love to see hydrogen stages use LH2 and not LFO

2 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Are you going to give it actual LOX+Methane fuel? Nertea is planning to make a CryoEngines addition with methalox engines, so it would fit in. I would also love to see hydrogen stages use LH2 and not LFO

Yeah it will be using LH2 and CH4.

That's great. Let me know if you're looking for information on some particular bits, I've researched those rockets before. Particularly the ICBM-based ones.

1 minute ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Personally , I beg to differ :)

So, please show me a screenshot of the engine turbopump details and the shroud on the Tantares Block D engine, because you must have a different version than I.