[1.12.X] Eisenhower Astronautics v1.1.0 - Stockalike Angara

EStreetRockets

1 hour ago, NateDaBeast said:

So glad for the release! Cant wait for the future updates!

Great!

Speaking of  future updates, check out the plans for the next major update on the roadmap: https://trello.com/c/8TdhUJgK/40-dev-plan
I won't really get going on this for a while, as I have other projects, like K-1, to finish, as well an inevitable bug fix update (v1.0.1), but I'd love to hear any more suggestions or ideas.

38 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

Great!

Speaking of  future updates, check out the plans for the next major update on the roadmap: https://trello.com/c/8TdhUJgK/40-dev-plan
I won't really get going on this for a while, as I have other projects, like K-1, to finish, as well an inevitable bug fix update (v1.0.1), but I'd love to hear any more suggestions or ideas.

It seems like you have a lot on your plate already for this mod and others!

These are the only things I could think of off the bat so sorry if you already have plans to make them or not to:

Thats all I can think of at the moment, regardless congrats on the release and I can't wait for the future of this mod!

On 2/2/2021 at 6:52 PM, NateDaBeast said:

OPSEK can be largely (if not completely) made with Tantares, as it's essentially just the Russian Orbital Segment on its own. I don't know much about LOS, but with the number of generic station parts it has I would be surprised if you can't use Tantares to build LOS as well.

• 2 weeks later...

@EStreetRockets and team, thanks for making this.

Is anyone using Eisenhower in career mode?  Parts costs seem way too high, but I couldn't any prior comments about that. For example, the 2 upper tanks and the 1 space tug tank each cost over 30,000. 2 of the engine mounts cost 73,000. All engines, though, are bargains at 400.

Would you like me to help with a cost balance pass?

• If yes: For each Eisenhower part, I can find a comparable stock or Tantares part along with their costs, and put it into a spreadsheet for you.
  • If no: Just let me know so I don't bother you with info you don't need. You already have a lot on the roadmap and maybe you'd rather build parts rather than bother with career mode.

19 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Is anyone using Eisenhower in career mode?  Parts costs seem way too high, but I couldn't any prior comments about that. For example, the 2 upper tanks and the 1 space tug tank each cost over 30,000. 2 of the engine mounts cost 73,000. All engines, though, are bargains at 400.

I'm working on the tech tree and cost balancing for a small update coming soon. Also included:

• bare .9375m RD-191 frame
  • 2.75m procedural fairing
  • RD-191 and RD-0124 texture improvements
  • newer versions of dependencies

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 12:58 PM, llikooid said:

where can i found that payload separator (i dont know what the name, colored black, not the decoupler) in your screenshot?

A little bit late but it should be from BDB as far as I can see.

• 3 weeks later...

Development Update!
First of all, all engines and RCS are now use the excellent Waterfall configs that come with the mod, made by @Zorg.

dWU1WSW.png

I have also been working on a minor revamp/update for Eisenhower. I've optimized the texture space usage of most of the parts, as well added a few new parts and variants. All interstages and first stage engine mounts now have black variants and the fairings have grey variants as well.

Y6fB8Mv.pngnVSkEkX.png

This update will add 6 new parts, all related to Angara A7. A7 will not be complete in this update, it will be completed in the next major update, v1.1, alongside the rest of Angara.  The first 4 parts are for the new 2.5m (4.1m IRL) core of the Angara A7. It includes a new engine mount, upper tank, lower tank, and interstage. (The interstage and engine mount come with black variants as shown). The other 2 parts are the main tank and engine mount for the the core of the Angara A7B super-heavy Angara derivative. It is a 3.75m (5.7m IRL) hydrolox Energia-derived core with a single RD-0120. These superb parts were generously contributed by @Beale.  The RD-0120 engine can of course be found in the other excellent Russian mod suit, Tantares. Shown below is a diagram comparing the Angara-A5, A7, and A7B.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=31049.0;attach=496024;image

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.