[1.12.X] Eisenhower Astronautics v1.1.0 - Stockalike Angara

EStreetRockets

24 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

So, please show me a screenshot of the engine turbopump details and the shroud on the Tantares Block D engine, because you must have a different version than I. 

Tantares goes for a much different style, one which fits perfectly fine in ksp. Beale doesn't typically make detailed engines, and would rather cover them up, this is his personal choice and the style he likes to go for. Like most other mods, it's not meant to be a 100% perfect representation of the craft in game. If you'd like to see that then you can do it yourself, and put in the hours of work instead.

Anyways, lets end this here and not clutter this thread with unnecessary conversations.

Edit: Everyone needs to remember that modders do this for free, and during our free time. Suggestions are always welcome, but that doesn't mean that modders need to follow through with them.

Edited by DylanSemrau

4 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

Tantares goes for a much different style, one which fits perfectly fine in ksp. Beale doesn't typically make detailed engines, and would rather cover them up, this is his personal choice and the style he likes to go for. Like most other mods, it's not meant to be a 100% perfect representation of the craft in game. If you'd like to see that then you can do it yourself, and put in the hours of work instead.

Anyways, lets end this here and not clutter this thread with unnecessary conversations.

Edit: Everyone needs to remember that modders do this for free, and during our free time. Suggestions are always welcome, but that doesn't mean that modders need to follow through with them.

I feel like this paragraph should be put on a wall somewhere.

maybe a museum?

• 2 weeks later...

This looks A M A Z I N G!

Can't wait for the rest of the angara!

Might I suggest something for the far future?

VULKAN- Energiya but with an upper stage

vulkan-family-2x.jpg

8051a7319e0e1acf281f7ee4d2a4a5d0.jpg

General source: http://www.bis-space.com/belgium/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/energiya.pdf, pages 22-23

Only a few parts would be needed, those are:

RD-95 (http://www.russianspaceweb.com/rd0146.html)- the concept that along with the RL-10 inspired the RD-0146,. This was one of two engines proposed for use on Vulkan. It was part of what was known as the Vezuivy (or Vesuivus) upper stage. Yes, I already know that RD-0146 is planned, but it could use a part variant for this engine.

11D57M engine (http://www.astronautix.com/r/rd-57m.html) - the other concept engine. This is really obscure and probably hard for you to make, as no drawings or pictures of it exist that I know of. We do know that it was a variant of the RD-57, a slightly less obscure version, with an extending nozzle.

Tankage for Blok V & Vezuviy could only be one part, since they were nearly exactly the same size, and the appearance was never really fleshed out.

Fairing (DUH)

Stretched tank/tank extension for Tantares Energiya. Most (all?) concepts started with the Energiya core stage, added 2-4 more Zenit boosters, stretched the Energiya tanks a little, then added an upper stage. Of course, this, the fairing, and the upper stage tankage could be easily kitbashed, but it's nice to have something that matches the aesthetic.

EDIT: noticed that the zenit boosters were also stretched, but tantares has the parts for that too.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron
EDIT for clarity

11 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

I know I haven't given an update in a while, so...

URM-1 is totally textured and in game!

URM-2 tank and engine mount are totally modeled and textured!

kgQxuM2.png

This is really great looking, I love the details on the upper portion, and the "corrugation" the angara has.

13 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Seconded, but the real cherry on top, the landing system and separation motors for Zenits would be great. Tantares doesn't have that

19 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Might I suggest something for the far future?

Thank you for your suggestion! 

However, after considering it I don't think that I want to include it in Eisenhower Astronautics. I am not interested in making it and I believe it is not within the scope of the mod. Moreover, there are no pictures of the RO-95 nor its derivatives the RD-131/2, and there is only one photo of the RD-57 to my knowledge.

That being said, the parts from this mod will be easily used to kit bash parts of your proposal. The RD-0146 can be used alongside Tantares parts to make the Vezuviy upper stage, with the Tantares Energiya fairing.

Edited by EStreetRockets

38 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Or, uhhh... You could just make an add-on Upper Stage for @Beale's Energia.

Yeah, I didn't mean the entire booster. But (sadly but justifiably) @EStreetRockets has decided not to do that.  If you want some, just take the Energiya and tweakscale an upper stage to 4.375 meters.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 12:11 PM, EStreetRockets said:

I am sorry that it has been a while since the last update, life got in the way of mod development 

No need to apologize.  That happens to a lot of us.  That RD-0124 looks good so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress Update! (Check the roadmap as well for more details)

Small 1/875m SAF fairing is 90% modeled and textured:

Zaq8hcz.png                                                      YO2OpjO.png

Here is a full preview of Angara so far:

HzirjiM.png

Edited by EStreetRockets

21 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

What's in game so far:

Uv3bzCw.png

Hopefully by tomorrow I will have the 1.875m adapter and 1.875m SAF fairing in game. Nothing is balanced yet, however. I want to put out a dev update in the next few days.

Just in time for the Angara-5 launch this year! Hype!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.