Maneuver Nodes and Delta V aren't working

I'm doing the tutorial on getting to the Mun part 1. It tells me to place a maneuver node so I do, I also then find where I need to plane the node to get to the Mun, I do. Then it says my burn time will be about 2 minutes and 30 seconds, so I start my burn at 1 minute 15 seconds. The thing is, my Delta V barely goes down and I end up passing the node because my Delta V didn't finish, this is also happening on a science save file I have were im trying to get to Minmus but the maneuver node and Delta V aren't cooperating with me. How do I fix this?

On 8/19/2020 at 11:40 PM, ImAKerbal said:

OH, ok thanks turns out my positioning wasn't were it was supposed to be I found out that it need to be on the maneuver thing on the sas menu.

yes, or you must point it manually if you just started your career. advanced probe that can authomatically aim for manuevers are great

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.