• Rask and Rusk
    • Ovin
    • Glumo
    • Puf
  2. 2. Favorite new tech

• Metallic Hydrogen
    • Nuke propulsion
    • Other (comment what it is)
  3. 3. Would you buy KSP 2 after what we have seen so far?

• Yes
    • No

Well, it’s been officially 1 year since KSP 2 was announced. Quite the journey we have had. Probably one of the most awaited games to date. So I was curious about what where your first reactions and what are you excited most. And what’s you favorite planet announced so far?

I'm most excited for the torch drives and that thing that goes "boom bang "OW!"", according to some kerbal watching the trailer.

While I have chosen ovin as my favorite planert, that was only because I thought that ovin was the name of Glumo.

Yes.

You need an option for 'no favourite'.  If it's a required field please give me an option to remain neutral if making a choice is compulsory. 

With that said I can't vote because it won't let me, so...

Yes, I intend to buy it.  But have no real favourite new planet or tech so far, I am intrigued  and looking forward to trying and exploring  all.

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

You need an option for 'no favourite'.  If it's a required field please give me an option to remain neutral 

I feel like people always say something like this whenever I make a poll

Can't say that I'm really excited for anything truely; the stuff coming from the developers has been encouraging and it seems like they've taken much of the criticism into consideration. But until I have a full game that I can see, and multiple reviews. Then I can't really get excited about much.

There's still so much we don't know, and so much more that could go wrong. Not saying anyone who is excited shouldn't be, but that's my current position.

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I feel like people always say something like this whenever I make a poll

Sorry to be 'that guy', but...  we do have a point, albeit rather trivial to be fair.

I tried leaving 1 & 2 unanswered, and voting 'yes' to 3, but couldn't.  When forced to express a false preference on two things, in order to do so on one where I do have a preference would skew your results by making whatever I voted for look more popular than it is.

Might i suggest a simple 'no strong preference' option, or just not making them 'required' fields.

I can't vote unless all fields are filled, all well. I will buy KSP2, but I'm not excited about any of the features you listed. I'm excited about colonies, interstellar travel, color switching of the parts and suits. I'm hoping for better performance and visuals.

I'm feeling very meh about KSP 2.  I also can't vote because the options are no where near what I think about KSP 2.

For an example, take the upcoming Odyssey update for Elite: Dangerous.  It's just be announced this week that it will only be walking on planets that will be added.  The feature people wanted more, being able to get out of the seat in the cockpit and move around their spacecraft, will be a no-show at launch.  And there's other signs that far too little has been completed for something that should be releasing in a little over half-a-year.

As for KSP 2, it's kind of the same.  Sure, a lot of things have been shown.  But there's also a lot of unknown.  And to boot, there's all this drama that happened.

We'll have to see KSP 2 in near-complete or release versions before we can properly judge it.

I would be excited for Orion, of course, as it's just the Grail of the alternative space history.
If the lack of key mods doesn't make Orion the only thing to be excited for.

On the other hand, the metallic hydrogen is perfect in its sense.
It's still unknown if it will ever be available, but it already has started a nuclear holywar in the forum threads.
So, if there was no MH, wise Loki should invent it. The most trollish substance evah.

I definitely HATE the KSP-2 stock planet names, they sound like a low-grade countryside joke for me, in both Eng and Rus, all of them.
When I have gotten had the KSP-2, I will give them swear names instead, as they don't inspire high feelings in me at all, only Redneck Rampage ones.

And I'm not impressed by the planets more than by KSP-1 planets. Actually, all of them (and irl too) are similar by definition, except the Earth and fictional Earth-like ones with ewoks.
So, unless they make something Sporish or NoMansSkyish, they are pieces of mixed rock and balls of polluted hydrogen, unlikely something could be invented here.

7 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

If that's not enough how about SPIDERTRON.

"Who can defeat the Spiderman?"
"The Slipperman."

May Factorio devs hear it and implement.

Edited by kerbiloid

9 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

On the other hand, the metallic hydrogen is perfect in its sense.
It's still unknown if it will ever be available....

Not true at all.  It's known that it will never be realistically available.  Metallic hydrogen is similar to monatomic hydrogen: both are wildly unstable under any usable temperature and pressure.  Metallic hydrogen only exists under massive pressures.  Monatomic hydrogen only exists in near vacuum.

Putting either in KSP 2 as an effective fuel is damn stupid.

[snip]

Back on topic, Pretty much everyone so far would get KSP 2. Pretty amazing how everyone thinks it's going to be a great game. And from what I have seen so far, I would too!

Edited by Guest