[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

Does this work with Rescaled systems? The clouds can only be seen when on Map View , above a certain altitude, or when I'm zoomed far out of my ship. Do you need my logs?

Edit:
Im on KSP 1.10.1, stock EVE configs.

Edited by acr_8133

5 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Congratulations @blackrack, your hard work here has been awarded thread of the month.

Thank you

4 hours ago, acr_8133 said:

Does this work with Rescaled systems? The clouds can only be seen when on Map View , above a certain altitude, or when I'm zoomed far out of my ship. Do you need my logs?

Edit:
Im on KSP 1.10.1, stock EVE configs.

This works exactly as regular EVE works. If you suspect there is an issue, make a comparison with regular EVE before posting a report.

With that said, if you rescaled the system, you might want to rescale the clouds altitude as well, otherwise maybe they clip into the scaledSpace model or z-fight with it.

Edited by blackrack

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

Thank you

This works exactly as regular EVE works. If you suspect there is an issue, make a comparison with regular EVE before posting a report.

With that said, if you rescaled the system, you might want to rescale the clouds altitude as well, otherwise maybe they clip into the scaledSpace model or z-fight with it.

I just tested the regular EVE and the problem still persist :P can you walk me through your suggestions?

5 minutes ago, acr_8133 said:

I just tested the regular EVE and the problem still persist :P can you walk me through your suggestions?

Just change the clouds altitude. Go in config files or UI (alt+0) find the default altitude which is like 4000 and change to what you think would be right, repeat until problem fixed.

7 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Just change the clouds altitude. Go in config files or UI (alt+0) find the default altitude which is like 4000 and change to what you think would be right, repeat until problem fixed.

ok I have changed them and now it looks like they are on a fine height, new problem is when I go inside the clouds they tend to go very dark.

I'm having some issues with latest EVE + Scatterer. First of all, the volumetric clouds pop in instantaneously instead of fading in, second of all they render in the foreground, on top of the craft. Finally, as you can see in the album below, you can see the moon shading through the craft, as ambient light was forcefully applied to areas of the screen not covered by other celestial bodies, but was still present everywhere else. I'm using AVP configs and the Distant Object Enhancement, it's a heavily modded install (most notably, I have the experimental version of Kopernicus installed) but the issues were present even with just the visual mods installed.

https://imgur.com/a/er2NcAw

EDIT: Apparently the lighting on the clouds past the terminator is also permanent, initially it disappears and then as it gets darker they start glowing in faint orange well into the night. I'm running DX11

EDIT2: Tried Planetshine, and it also seems to have issues with adjusting Ambient Light. actually it works as intended, it's just Scatterer failing to disable it despite disable ssal option being turned on. Overriding it to -100% made things better, but clouds are still orange for the entriety of the night. I'll try removing Kopernicus later

EDIT3: Upon removing Kopernicus and Distant Object Enhancement seems to have solved the depth buffer issue, but the problem with clouds being lit from below at midnight and volumetric clouds suddenly popping in, brighter than everything else when at night, persists, likely due to disable SSAL option not working. For now forcing ambient light to -100 through settings and using PS to override it at day seems to be a requirement.

Edited by m4ti140

On 9/6/2020 at 12:01 AM, m4ti140 said:

I'm having some issues with latest EVE + Scatterer. First of all, the volumetric clouds pop in instantaneously instead of fading in, second of all they render in the foreground, on top of the craft. Finally, as you can see in the album below, you can see the moon shading through the craft, as ambient light was forcefully applied to areas of the screen not covered by other celestial bodies, but was still present everywhere else. I'm using AVP configs and the Distant Object Enhancement, it's a heavily modded install (most notably, I have the experimental version of Kopernicus installed) but the issues were present even with just the visual mods installed.

https://imgur.com/a/er2NcAw

EDIT: Apparently the lighting on the clouds past the terminator is also permanent, initially it disappears and then as it gets darker they start glowing in faint orange well into the night. I'm running DX11

EDIT2: Tried Planetshine, and it also seems to have issues with adjusting Ambient Light. actually it works as intended, it's just Scatterer failing to disable it despite disable ssal option being turned on. Overriding it to -100% made things better, but clouds are still orange for the entriety of the night. I'll try removing Kopernicus later

EDIT3: Upon removing Kopernicus and Distant Object Enhancement seems to have solved the depth buffer issue, but the problem with clouds being lit from below at midnight and volumetric clouds suddenly popping in, brighter than everything else when at night, persists, likely due to disable SSAL option not working. For now forcing ambient light to -100 through settings and using PS to override it at day seems to be a requirement.

Sorry but I really couldn't make sense of your report or understand what's going on from your screenshots, apart from the mun appearing on the craft. Is it possible to make a more detailed report, and preferably accompany every issue with it's own screenshot, if possible well lit screenshots during the day. I don't really understand "clouds being lit from below at midnight" or "solved the depth buffer issue", what depth buffer issue?

Also, look in your log for nullref spams, it ahs been reported that this is glitchy with Kopernicus and I haven't looked into it yet.

8 hours ago, blackrack said:

Sorry but I really couldn't make sense of your report or understand what's going on from your screenshots, apart from the mun appearing on the craft. Is it possible to make a more detailed report, and preferably accompany every issue with it's own screenshot, if possible well lit screenshots during the day. I don't really understand "clouds being lit from below at midnight" or "solved the depth buffer issue", what depth buffer issue?

Also, look in your log for nullref spams, it ahs been reported that this is glitchy with Kopernicus and I haven't looked into it yet.

LRfog8G.png

Clouds are like this for the entire night, as if sun was shining through the ground. Happens even with just EVE+configs+scatterer installed.

lVXXyWB.png

5nHwWzL.png

Volumetric clouds are bright and render on top of the aircraft. Haven't seen it happen at day, which is weird, it's only visible at night and it's hard to see on a screenshot, when it's not moving. Also the ambient light option in scatterer settings doesn't do anything.

XuNdnpf.png

This one is weird, it looks like the mun is rendering on top of clouds but behind the aircraft, producing a hole in the volumetric clouds where mun should be even if it's behind the aircraft. This and the above is what I meant, I don't know jack **** about rendering so I don't know what the correct terminology should be :P

Couldn't find any nullrefs.

10 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Clouds are like this for the entire night, as if sun was shining through the ground. Happens even with just EVE+configs+scatterer installed.

Volumetric clouds are bright and render on top of the aircraft. Haven't seen it happen at day, which is weird, it's only visible at night and it's hard to see on a screenshot, when it's not moving. Also the ambient light option in scatterer settings doesn't do anything.

This one is weird, it looks like the mun is rendering on top of clouds but behind the aircraft, producing a hole in the volumetric clouds where mun should be even if it's behind the aircraft. This and the above is what I meant, I don't know jack **** about rendering so I don't know what the correct terminology should be :P

Couldn't find any nullrefs.

The clouds appearing slightly grey at night might be a limitation of how I'm doing the rendering that appears with low-alpha clouds when not enough of them are stacking.

However you are sure that the issue with the mun, and clouds on top of the aircraft appear with just EVE+scatterer? No AVP, no Kopernicus, no other mods?

Another byproduct of the depth buffer? The clouds are rendered in front of the craft at night. And the "glow" texture from the Mun (just plain gray texture overlayed over the Mun to give it some glowing effect) is doing this black "thing". Maybe that is not even the texture that does this and the Mun itself, I don't know. 
Q6RmeCT.jpg

Edit: And of course it didn't happen the second time I tried to do it. Why would it? 

Edited by dok_377

On 9/10/2020 at 11:11 AM, blackrack said:

The clouds appearing slightly grey at night might be a limitation of how I'm doing the rendering that appears with low-alpha clouds when not enough of them are stacking.

However you are sure that the issue with the mun, and clouds on top of the aircraft appear with just EVE+scatterer? No AVP, no Kopernicus, no other mods?

No, that one appeared with Kopernicus installed, without it the only issues are with the 2D layers being lit in faint orange at midnight, the volumetric clouds popping in rapidly at certain distance and also being greyish white at night, and with "disable ambient light" option not working and doing nothing. I am using cloud textures and configs from AVP though, I'll try the default textures/configs set from legacy EVE. Also I had a lot of mods installed at the time, so maybe Kopernicus wasn't the trigger but I can't think of what else might have been.

@dok_377 exactly what I encountered, are you using Kopernicus by any chance?

Edited by m4ti140

@blackrack,

Our eve release has some bugfixes courtesy of forum user and contributor BIOZ, please take a look and ensure you have similar functions.  I think the latest commits may be of interest to you.  We will be making a release from them very soon here, and you could do the same.

7 hours ago, R-T-B said:

@blackrack,

Our eve release has some bugfixes courtesy of forum user and contributor BIOZ, please take a look and ensure you have similar functions.  I think the latest commits may be of interest to you.  We will be making a release from them very soon here, and you could do the same.

I had integrated your changes + BIOZ changes a few weeks back. Right now I only see a new fix for clouds disappearing at altitude? I thought we had already fixed it with this commit https://github.com/LGhassen/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/commit/c7ccf8f9b809473099fb83c17a4ae636284b1e0b

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

I had integrated your changes + BIOZ changes a few weeks back. Right now I only see a new fix for clouds disappearing at altitude? I thought we had already fixed it with this commit https://github.com/LGhassen/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/commit/c7ccf8f9b809473099fb83c17a4ae636284b1e0b

Not the cloudfix (I'm honestly not entirely sure what changed there).  This commit I thought may be more interesting:

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/commit/c3106f4f17a741a8c88048e836f291ff9a2a2cee

If you already have similar, no worries.

Edited by R-T-B

I am getting a Much higher fps. No joke a double 2x in fps.

29 to around 60 with all of my mods enabled and a few issues that happen here and there that are so minor that I won't even mention them.

This is a mod so great that I hate that theirs a bad word rule on this website.

{Tested with a few space craft and planes at 150~ parts each. And it can stand at 30ish fps with 500-800 parts on the runway at a time. }

Will get a bit of more info and tests soon and pics of it. (Set up is using 70% of cpu and gpu with a i5-7400 and gtx 1060 3gb.)

Edited by Arco123