Jump to content

[1.9-1.12] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.6.1 - 19/12/2021)


blackrack
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, Dominiquini said:

I noticed that in my game, the cloud layer abruptly ends at 10,000 meters altitude. It looks weird on rocket takeoff or re-entry.
Does it work that way or could it be some bug or misconfiguration in my game?

I using the last version of 'Astronomer Visual Pack'! This can be a problem in that configuration's mod?

I'm using the latest version of this mod as well Scatterer (maximum quality settings)!

* KSP 1.12.1 Windows x64

Thanks.

Do you have any screenshots of the problem?

3 hours ago, maculator said:

Can anybody tell me witch of the .dll files I actually need to run just the clouds?!

Put everything except cityLights and celestialShadows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

Do you have any screenshots of the problem?

@blackrack I record one video from some launch:

Clouds in one frame:

lGEzjes.png

No clouds in the next frame:

by3Et0u.png

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsmdbx7l3b95jba/KSP Launch.mp4?dl=0

* And this bands above the horizon. Is this normal? I can change some settings to improve that?

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've encountered volumetric clouds not working bug too. Thanks to previous posts I searched for the place in the settings file which breaks clouds, it happens to be this:

ANTI_ALIASING = 1

Removing this line or changing the value to 2 (default) fixes clouds for me.

KSP 1.11, EVE 1.11.3.1, Windows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BIOZ said:

I've encountered volumetric clouds not working bug too. Thanks to previous posts I searched for the place in the settings file which breaks clouds, it happens to be this:


ANTI_ALIASING = 1

Removing this line or changing the value to 2 (default) fixes clouds for me.

KSP 1.11, EVE 1.11.3.1, Windows.

@BIOZ Where I find to change this settings?

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BIOZ said:

@Dominiquini It's "settings.cfg" in the game folder, where "KSP_x64.exe" is. Open it with the text editor and search for the line "ANTI_ALIASING".

Mine is setup with 4! This is better than 2, right? I'm using the mod 'Parallax' and there the maintainer suggests that I lower that number from 8 to 4!

* I'm using 'Scatterer' too, and in the higher settings!

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 5:28 AM, Dominiquini said:

@blackrack I record one video from some launch:

* And this bands above the horizon. Is this normal? I can change some settings to improve that?

This is during an eclipse isn't it? The way the eclipse is applied to the sky isn't perfect.

As for the volumetrics disappearing abruptly, you appear to be using SVE, it's up to SVE to configure the fade out and visibility distance correctly.

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

This is during an eclipse isn't it? The way the eclipse is applied to the sky isn't perfect.

As for the volumetrics disappearing abruptly, you appear to be using SVE, it's up to SVE to configure the fade out and visibility distance correctly.

I don't remember if was an eclipse at the moments, but this bands above the horizon rarely happen...

About the clouds, I'm using the Astronomer's Visual Pack (AVP) with 8k textures... I posted about this in that forum too...

 

Thanks

Edited by Dominiquini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 5:16 AM, BIOZ said:

@Dominiquini Well, cloud disappearing clearly is a bug, and behavior of this one looks quite random. I'd suggest you to try both 2 and removing the line.

I try this and it has improved a lot, although I can still see the effect of volumetric clouds disappearing and appearing abruptly.

@BIOZ But with level 2 anti-aliasing, won't other parts of the game get worse? I haven't tested much to see if I can see a difference...

* I think I made a mistake! The volumetric clouds are still buggy, even with Anti-Aliasing set to 2 or off!

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 2:05 AM, Dominiquini said:

other parts of the game get worse?

Yes. ANTI_ALIASING affects them too.

I checked my game with all options (off/2/4/8), and my clouds are not showing only when I start my game with parameter ANTI_ALIASING = 1. Setting it to 2/4/8 right in the game makes them appear back. Clouds are still there even if I turn anti-aliasing off after it was 2/4/8.
I watched your video, my problem is not exactly the same as yours. My clouds are showing or not showing during the whole flight, it doesn't depend on the altitude.

Have you tried to launch your game with only EVE (with folders in GameData: Squad, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, and AstronomersVisualPack)? Have you tried EVE with default config BoulderCo?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BIOZ said:

Yes. ANTI_ALIASING affects them too.

I checked my game with all options (off/2/4/8), and my clouds are not showing only when I start my game with parameter ANTI_ALIASING = 1. Setting it to 2/4/8 right in the game makes them appear back. Clouds are still there even if I turn anti-aliasing off after it was 2/4/8.
I watched your video, my problem is not exactly the same as yours. My clouds are showing or not showing during the whole flight, it doesn't depend on the altitude.

Have you tried to launch your game with only EVE (with folders in GameData: Squad, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, and AstronomersVisualPack)? Have you tried EVE with default config BoulderCo?

I tested EVE with the default configs (BoulderCo) and appears to be working fine. They have fewer clouds, but I don't se the problem of their appearing and disappearing abruptly depending on the altitude!

But AVP gives other things that I want, and I tried to post in that thread, but they are not responding to me! I would really like to be able to use AVP with clouds working!

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get so much logs about eve... I am having stutter in my rp1 install, and looking at the logs  find that EVE writes down so much info that seems unneccesary... Things like:

[WRN 09:46:35.734] Cannot find preset 'RSS_High' for pqs 'EVE PQS'
[LOG 09:46:35.740] [EVE CloudsManager]: No PQS! Instanciating one.
[LOG 09:46:35.740] [EVE CloudsManager]: PQS Applied
[LOG 09:46:35.740] [EVE CloudsManager]: Applying 2D clouds...
[LOG 09:46:35.758] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now SCALED
[LOG 09:46:35.760] [EVE CloudsManager]: CloudsPQS: (EVE 

all over the place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EDIT* I found the problem it had to do with Boulder Co being installed for anyone with the same problem.

 

Does anyone know why eve looks so bright. The visual mods I have are EVE, Spectra, Tufx, and scatterer. I already reinstalled all them and removed spectra but i dont know whats causing it and it's not Tufx either.4MVP05S.png

Edited by ToastedToast
Fixed problem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 6:53 AM, ToastedToast said:

EDIT* I found the problem it had to do with Boulder Co being installed for anyone with the same problem.

"BoulderCo" is your EVE config folder, without it it shouldn't work unless you have another one from a visual pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question, does anyone know if it is possible to put clouds on a star?  I have been trying with no success so far.

Here is the cfg I have so far:

@EVE_CLOUDS:NEEDS[EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements]
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Sun-MainClouds
		body = Sun
		altitude = 600000
		speed = 0,4000,0
		settings
		{
			_Color = 140,55,155,255
			_DetailDist = 2E-15
			_DetailScale = 4
			_UVNoiseTex = Lt_Duckweed/Textures/uvnoise1
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.0999999998
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0
			_MainTex
			{
				value = Lt_Duckweed/Textures/eve1
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = Lt_Duckweed/Textures/detailthicc
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_RimDist = 9.9999997E-15
				_MinLight = 10
			}
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			size = 5500,2
			area = 16000,4
			visibleRange = 3000
			particleMaterial
			{
				_Tex
				{
					value = Lt_Duckweed/Textures/rgb
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

I don't get any clouds showing, and instead, anytime I leave the map view while near Kerbol I get 5-6 of the following errors:

eBiZXLs.jpg

Other than the clouds not showing, and this error, the game seems to continue to work perfectly fine.

 

As for "why are you trying to put clouds on a star?" .  Because it would be neat.  But also, Kerbol looks pretty boring, I think adding closely spaced cloud layers could give it more depth when viewed from close range.

Edited by Lt_Duckweed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, Dominiquini said:

I noticed that in my game, the cloud layer abruptly ends at 10,000 meters altitude. It looks weird on rocket takeoff or re-entry.
Does it work that way or could it be some bug or misconfiguration in my game?

I using the last version of 'Astronomer Visual Pack'! This can be a problem in that configuration's mod?

I'm using the latest version of this mod as well Scatterer (maximum quality settings)!

* KSP 1.12.1 Windows x64

Thanks.

I just tried out EVE after a long hiatus and noticed its settings-button while at outside of the KSC. One of the options had height visible or such at "10000m". Maybe check it out and raise that number? 
Can't say much though. Having some issues myself with 1.12 (though mostly related to other mods). 

On 7/24/2021 at 6:53 AM, ToastedToast said:

EDIT* I found the problem it had to do with Boulder Co being installed for anyone with the same problem.

 

Does anyone know why eve looks so bright. The visual mods I have are EVE, Spectra, Tufx, and scatterer. I already reinstalled all them and removed spectra but i dont know whats causing it and it's not Tufx either.4MVP05S.png

Sorry, but what was the fix? Just noticed too that Kerbin is quite the sunny ball upon leaving to the main menu (Where Jeb is on the Mun with Kerbin in the background).  I have the same mods installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Spraki said:

Sorry, but what was the fix? Just noticed too that Kerbin is quite the sunny ball upon leaving to the main menu (Where Jeb is on the Mun with Kerbin in the background).  I have the same mods installed.

So if you have spectrainstalled just have the mods that come with it but just get rid of the boulder co folder in the game data. But if you don't have spectra then eve wont work.

Edited by ToastedToast
Not scatter but spectra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a good place to get started learning about what knobs there are to tweak with getting cloud layers and city lights to look "right"? Great work has been done with this mod, but I can't find where people learned how to do that great work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

Is there a good place to get started learning about what knobs there are to tweak with getting cloud layers and city lights to look "right"? Great work has been done with this mod, but I can't find where people learned how to do that great work.

I also would like to know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...