Jump to content

[1.9-1.12] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.6.1 - 19/12/2021)


blackrack
 Share

Recommended Posts

So for some reason when I use EVE it turns gas giants and eve into black voids (it also turns the clouds on Duna black). I primarily play on JNSQ, but i've seen this same issue appear on KSRSS and stock KSP. I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this

Screenshots 

Log

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!   I seem to be getting a problem with the city lights somehow appearing during day and through the clouds.

Using a modded install with KSRSS at 2.5 scale.

 

Spoiler

GameFolder:

wbX_WiXsFWfI8wV0_IEb9UifrvbhrreJXBZb4-qculjejUJWHza8pz3q5lWGVRDa49J1cgxYez0-k_b9qA6Ys2LKzr4wDkmlZAG-M7U_xEUkep-BGJIsyOsZLei6VytJ4RLe1Rjq

BxGhJKRUWZdqpqwnUeUFN1hmIZOQVjlQjy18l7wnJ3z_cLcN8xvvw61QYxmITwZUJ7w8TEf-9zF7YyLAny0nNMt6aPiMdG9gDy19D3B6z5DZnCJs_K8RCnxNuJnNlzsu9GW8MTdq

u-ax6CnaQF2K7daz7pgXuRcmZ9goqHyFy_gZmlTIjeca1TwX9DTwGgpmIB7vWo9Re0tWH2LbTgGThFkBkh0zRbOYTvLnimcLHKFIB9IC1TBjo0onU587pbGNEuIz3sO8aIo3Mpbt

 

 

Some of the mods I have manually installed and edited configs to tweak it to my needs, but nothing that I can think might affect this.

 

 

In the upper left corner you can see an example of my problem.

cyYVPBOE18jGDnBqGC1St7hZSOjt23ziW7jlELFxTeRk66w94ZjCyf1XWQ-MdCXbf98-VhFi7IiT6XAXwNB4W3627u87lzmDuWQJt2iX8klcX2GU-ER2xfvImNXh0UOajNygNt8M

gj7WIsVHqPzONXbk-OgQZk_YerwuGfBTZDzhPrQmu26sfZh8vFitpzBTSQf_ajATj3og4NJjPd_-AdOURh1x5_vWtgv9SXFQDV2GSGnUprFnp8haF-amYXhHl1-eb7bE8N_dnye8

gj7WIsVHqPzONXbk-OgQZk_YerwuGfBTZDzhPrQmu26sfZh8vFitpzBTSQf_ajATj3og4NJjPd_-AdOURh1x5_vWtgv9SXFQDV2GSGnUprFnp8haF-amYXhHl1-eb7bE8N_dnye8

klAKBq3Oq7tyGrv9wjZpLoIzSXxeOUeGB1wI5DAsmXlN_GI1aW0v5NNO1wDTKWE0QUexxtTZkNcZWGm-0KnOEWKGfkqgszwBmrYAtEiO7DGhSQrh56NCDdJdp9hm7Bs450r8eBGr

Q9u1BPNJamzBwFaHENVfp6n6L3bSHFiBrbJpQD6wV8BZr8wrn51OPW96Qy-rp46p9LgJatezjhXq-udrW3fZkFt2CDMczusof3C13VY-Gmvur82YrlfgS_bQ6MNfdUY38HFpufGV

 

I am using Scatterer, EVE, and the Visual Enhancement pack that comes with KSRSS.   Its pretty strange to pass over America at day time and see what looks like gray blobs everywhere.

 

Thanks for looking at this.     If you need any more info just tell me. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, blackrack said:

First in-game images

jBneoC6.png

tnNS4SE.png

Don't worry if it looks different, I will post better images later after I tweak the settings, for now I have issues to fix.

This looks absolutely incredible! I am curious to see what it looks like from orbit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

Getting a new sense of scale and appreciation for Kerbin that I didn't have before

lkMHTTD.png

Xgw9eb9.png

My goodness this is amazing. One question, previously you said that this would stay as part of the original mod, so how would these new clouds work with config packs? I mean, you wouldn't need a config pack with these, but what would happen if you did?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Benzo Kerman said:

My goodness this is amazing. One question, previously you said that this would stay as part of the original mod, so how would these new clouds work with config packs? I mean, you wouldn't need a config pack with these, but what would happen if you did?

This will be a new element in the config. So old config packs will continue working with the old effects unless they are modified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JacobLove said:

Looks and works great! Do you know know of any recourses I could use assist me in editing the EVE files to place different city light patters on kerbin? Thanks

I'm not aware of any so I will let others reply. However it seems that it's just a base texture that applies to the whole planet and defines areas where the cities should be, and 2 detail textures that are overlayed on top and tiled multiple times, one for the day time and for night time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seem to working well !

The question I have to my mind is : How each clouds will be placed into the sky ? In standard EVE it's done by a cloud map, but there, it will be the same ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Vandest said:

It seem to working well !

The question I have to my mind is : How each clouds will be placed into the sky ? In standard EVE it's done by a cloud map, but there, it will be the same ?

So basically there will be a map defining how much cloud there is and where, giving it it's horizontal shape, kind of like the actual 2d maps, and another map to place cloud types, sort of like biome maps, and perhaps another optional map to modulate heights.

The "biomes" or cloud types properties will be defined separately by the user, they will contain different properties for max height, noise tiling and strength etc, but one of the most important properties is a float curve that will define the cloud's shape over height, giving it its vertical shape. This allows me for example to shape the cumulonimbus "anvil" I've shown in previous images.

This will be complex to configure but will allow a lot of variety and flexibility.

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

a float curve that will define the cloud's shape over height, giving it its vertical shape. This allows me for example to shape the cumulonimbus "anvil" I've shown in previous images.

Curious, how exactly will this float curve work? Like, what actually is output by the curve to be turned into that by the renderer? My first instinct is it's a multiplier to the intensity in the placement map (which I assume is now more of a density than an opacity), but I'm not quite sure how that'd get reliable results like that. So is it more like, the clouds are generated from columnar seeds, and the curve defines the width of each "nodule"?

Just looking to get a deeper understanding of how these're made so I know what I can look forward to people being able to do  (not that I have much understanding of how to make base EVE configs to begin with; I'm more curious about the engine internals and possibilities here)

Edited by WarriorSabe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Curious, how exactly will this float curve work? Like, what actually is output by the curve to be turned into that by the renderer? My first instinct is it's a multiplier to the intensity in the placement map (which I assume is now more of a density than an opacity), but I'm not quite sure how that'd get reliable results like that. So is it more like, the clouds are generated from columnar seeds, and the curve defines the width of each "nodule"?

Just looking to get a deeper understanding of how these're made so I know what I can look forward to people being able to do  (not that I have much understanding of how to make base EVE configs to begin with; I'm more curious about the engine internals and possibilities here)

Both the map and the curve apply a remap operation to the 3d noise: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3451553/value-remapping

They cause the 3d noise to appear to expand and shrink in a natural way when the value varies, unlike applying a multiply to the noise which causes the overall shape to stay the same but vary in translucency/density.

It is kind of like a threshold where values under this threshold are carved away.

I don't know how much sense this explanation makes but it makes sense when you see it in action.

I'm not sure what you mean about columnar seeds but this does in a way define the width and "connectedness" of nodules. With lower values you get more isolated and disconnected nodules, this usually on looks good on edges. With middle values you get kind of a swiss cheese with holes. With full values you get a fully solid volume.

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...