[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

On 9/1/2020 at 5:20 AM, blackrack said:

With that said, if you rescaled the system, you might want to rescale the clouds altitude as well, otherwise maybe they clip into the scaledSpace model or z-fight with it.

Hiya. Am I correct that the behavior shown in the short video below is explained by what you said above? This is the current JNSQ under 1.10.1, Kop BE50.

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hiya. Am I correct that the behavior shown in the short video below is explained by what you said above? This is the current JNSQ under 1.10.1, Kop BE50.

No, I actually fixed this bug but haven't released a new build yet, I will release one soon.

• 3 weeks later...

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

KSP 1.11.0.3045 win x64 (Steam)
Making History 1.11.0
Breaking Ground 1.6.0

Chatterer v0.9.99 - Keep talking!
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.14
Docking Sounds!! 2.1.12.27690 (10/7/16)
E.V.E. Redux 1.11.1.1 (from blackrack) + Configs-1.2.2.1 (from WazWaz)
Final Frontier 1.10.0-3485 + KerbFleet Custom Ribbons 1.2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.13.0.0
Module Manager 4.1.4
PlanetShine v0.2.6.2 Oct 19, 2019
Rover Wheel Sounds (Revived) v1.8.1.11.20.19 (from DoctorDavinci, .dll overwritten with the one from MAFman)
Scatterer - atmospheric scattering 0.0722
Texture Replacer 4.3
ToolbarController 0.1.9.4
[x] Science! v5.26

The only detail I would mention is that, if played in 4k resolution (3804 x 2160), the UI for this mod is too tiny to see comfortably. It would be great if it could be scaled (maybe just the same as the UI Scale option from stock settings?). At any rate, thank you very much to the developer(s) of this mod!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Years everyone. 

Just a friendly reminder that EVE takes advantage from multi-core performance. I have an 9100f and had the game crash at times, very good single performance but only 4 cores 4 threads.

By the way, I have a 1650 super, and that handles its things beautifully.

Edited by kerbalxploder

1 minute ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

So does this still need boulder co? Is it just a replacement for the normal EVE?

yes and yes.  

@blackrack I see the OP says to use a specific older version of scatterer for integrated support?  assuming that was just not updated when scatterer was updated.

On 8/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, blackrack said:

A compatible scatterer version is needed for the Scatterer-EVE integration to work correctly, download scatterer 0.0632 from the scatterer thread

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

@blackrack I see the OP says to use a specific older version of scatterer for integrated support?  assuming that was just not updated when scatterer was updated.

Indeed, that was just the first compatible version, but all since support it, updating it now.

Edited by blackrack

7 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

So does this still need boulder co? Is it just a replacement for the normal EVE?

I don't believe it requires Boulder co, as it is a drop in replacement for classic EVE. Most visual packs should work with it. I personally use AVP, but others include Spectra and StockVE. 

Edit: I want to clarify that you do need something that includes configs for EVE for it to function. That could be Boulder or the other visual packs. 

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

On 1/2/2021 at 7:23 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I don't believe it requires Boulder co, as it is a drop in replacement for classic EVE. Most visual packs should work with it. I personally use AVP, but others include Spectra and StockVE. 

Edit: I want to clarify that you do need something that includes configs for EVE for it to function. That could be Boulder or the other visual packs. 

Does this include Scatterer? Does scatterer also have EVE cfgs?

7 minutes ago, kerbalxploder said:

Does this include Scatterer? Does scatterer also have EVE cfgs?

No, Scatterer comes with configs for itself, not EVE. If you use CKAN, you should be able to download one of the packs listed above, delete classic EVE, and then download and install EVE Redux from Here. Visual packs come with their own configs for EVE to give KSP a more customized look. I recommend looking at screenshots from each to decide what you like. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I put the EVE-Redux EVE folder and the EVE Config folder(boulder co.) into the gamedata, EVE Redux loads but I can't acces stuff from boulder co. I think this is an installation issue/ something is missing. also using scatterer and GU

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

but I can't acces stuff from boulder co.

I'm 99% sure that if you're using GU you should not have the BoulderCo configs installed at all. GU has configs for Eve and Scatterer.

Galaxies Unbound is not compatible with: 

- Other visual mods (AVP, SVT, ...)

This almost certainly includes the BoulderCo configs.

4 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'm 99% sure that if you're using GU you should not have the BoulderCo configs installed at all. GU has configs for Eve and Scatterer.

Galaxies Unbound is not compatible with: 

- Other visual mods (AVP, SVT, ...)

This almost certainly includes the BoulderCo configs.

ok, thx

3 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

where can I find it?

In all likelihood you will have nothing but frustrations unless you follow the installation instructions very carefully.  They're listed on the first page of the mod, and they include the info you're asking about, which makes me think you're not looking at the written instructions. In any event, this is the Eve thread and isn't really the right place for this. Look in the spoilers on the first page under How To Install.

Hi, it's really nice how smooth the game runs with this mod. Thank you.

There is however a crash report  in my KSP log for _Buildmanager.dll:

Spoiler

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon '_BuildManager' from assembly '_BuildManager'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Uploading Crash Report
NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () [0x00006] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<logVersion>b__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) [0x00000] in <5151a47f298841c5affd6be2fd52eeb9>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToList () [0x00019] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager.logVersion () [0x0005c] in <5151a47f298841c5affd6be2fd52eeb9>:0 
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <5151a47f298841c5affd6be2fd52eeb9>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
<LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
GameDatabase:StartLoad()
<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
LoadingScreen:Start()

(Filename: <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6> Line: 0)

Using the latest version of EVE-Redux (1.11.1.1), Scatterer (v0.0723), KSP (1.11.0.3045) with SVE (1.4.1).

I removed this file for now, which removes the crash report and seems to work fine otherwise.

The version Info of _BuildManager.dll is

Spoiler

FILEVERSION    1,11,1,1
PRODUCTVERSION 1,11,1,1
FILEFLAGSMASK  0x3F
FILEFLAGS      0x0
FILEOS         VOS_UNKNOWN | VOS__WINDOWS32
FILETYPE       VFT_DLL
FILESUBTYPE    0x0
{
  BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
  {
    VALUE "Translation", 0x0, 1200
  }
  BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
  {
    BLOCK "000004b0"
    {
      VALUE "Comments",          ""
      VALUE "CompanyName",       ""
      VALUE "FileDescription",   "_BuildManager"
      VALUE "FileVersion",       "1.11.1.1"
      VALUE "InternalName",      "_BuildManager.dll"
      VALUE "LegalCopyright",    "Copyright ©  2015"
      VALUE "LegalTrademarks",   ""
      VALUE "OriginalFilename",  "_BuildManager.dll"
      VALUE "ProductName",       "_BuildManager"
      VALUE "ProductVersion",    "1.11.1.1"
      VALUE "Assembly Version",  "1.11.1.1"
    }
  }
}

I just thought I'd report this. I seems like it's not causing problems for whatever reason. Let me know if you need more infos.

Edit: I removed the config for city lights in the EVE ingame editor. Might that be the cause of the error?

Edited by hermano

Alright, I am in some deep ish here, and I need some help from someone with a lot of EVE experience.

Long story short I am working on a revival of Pingopete's legendary RVE64k project and I have gotten most things working, but I am still having a few serious errors.

What I have done thus far: I have taken RSSVE for ksp 1.8.1 and added Pingopete's land textures which function using the scaled space of EVE (idk that I have done this properly, but they are showing up at least)

What I need help with: In doing the prior, I somehow made RSSVE's earth clouds completely vanish, along with the auroras and the lightning, basically making everything else fail to get the one bit that is working to load. However removing the "land" textures/scaled space doesn't allow everything else to load, which really confuses me. Below I have posted a picture showing the current state of things. The land textures are loading properly, however nearly everything else (except the lights) is gone. Additionally the lights are loading on top of the land, rather than below it, leading to it looking like an absolute mess. Virtually all of the code is just rebuilt copies of Pingopete's original work laid atop RSSVE as "base code"

FAQNjkH.png

Any help would be immensely appreciated, as I have already reached out to multiple people to no avail... Cheers! :D 

Hey guys, so if you've been following the scatterer thread, you know that I've recently found some solutions for depth precision issues: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip19x-110x-111x-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00723-31122020/&do=findComment&comment=3908432

It's now time to use the same solution in EVE-Redux. In the last release cloud shadows suffer from some precision issues in the distance, which you can see in the weird patterns in this image:

aiAisuu.jpg

You can also see that they're no longer visible in the distance, this was my current work around to hide the precision issues where they intensify.

Using the depth precision fix:

j0iqfYu.jpg

With this I've also fixed this bug https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/196411-110x-eve-redux-performance-enhanced-eve-build-v11111-26082020/&do=findComment&comment=3853706

Additionally, I went ahead and modified the eclipse shading to have the same soft shading as scatterer (left is last release, right is new version):

cqTHOnQ.jpg

Those are pretty much the "last pieces of the puzzle" that were missing.

So with that said, I will be maintaining EVE moving forward, and @R-T-B and @BIOZ can always contribute. I'm going to go ahead now to add this on spacedock and CKAN.

On 1/26/2021 at 2:24 AM, ItsJustLuci said:

Alright, I am in some deep ish here, and I need some help from someone with a lot of EVE experience.

Long story short I am working on a revival of Pingopete's legendary RVE64k project and I have gotten most things working, but I am still having a few serious errors.

What I have done thus far: I have taken RSSVE for ksp 1.8.1 and added Pingopete's land textures which function using the scaled space of EVE (idk that I have done this properly, but they are showing up at least)

What I need help with: In doing the prior, I somehow made RSSVE's earth clouds completely vanish, along with the auroras and the lightning, basically making everything else fail to get the one bit that is working to load. However removing the "land" textures/scaled space doesn't allow everything else to load, which really confuses me. Below I have posted a picture showing the current state of things. The land textures are loading properly, however nearly everything else (except the lights) is gone. Additionally the lights are loading on top of the land, rather than below it, leading to it looking like an absolute mess. Virtually all of the code is just rebuilt copies of Pingopete's original work laid atop RSSVE as "base code"

Any help would be immensely appreciated, as I have already reached out to multiple people to no avail... Cheers! :D 

I really have no idea what's going on here, but it sounds like you simply deleted the cloud configs, probably by adding a ModuleManager patch which overrides them or deletes the existing nodes. I would say to check the land textures and the configs that you added for any deletion they might be doing.

Edited by blackrack

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

So with that said, I will be maintaining EVE moving forward, and @R-T-B and @BIOZ can always contribute. I'm going to go ahead now to add this on spacedock and CKAN.

Good to know; just to confirm, is this intention no longer the case?

On 8/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, blackrack said:

Note: this isn't meant to be maintained as a separate version of EVE, the goal is to have a lot of people test it here, validate it, and then integrate it into mainline EVE.

I saw this with the CKAN badge on SpaceDock and was trying to decide whether to index it as a separate mod or an adoption or something else.