[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

Alright, thanks. So i will bookmark this thread to be up-to-date concerning the great works around EVE. As a guy on a weaker engine (only a gtx 1060 6gb) I highly value this performance focussed Eve-branch.

As 1.12 concerns: I will wait to upgrade to 1.12 until Eve Redux, Spectra and Waterfall are up-to-date. And this will take as long as it takes. Didn't mean to implicate hurry. Just wanted to know, if this is the place to be, to get the hottest Eve-stuff in the future.

I don't know if this has already been reported; (but I inform everyone of it).
I have been organizing all the mods that I have, but, while changing my visual mods, I noticed that EVE does not effect the clouds.

1t3aJRm.png

This is my GameData folder, and my KSP version is 1.10

qh0ARpZ.png 

Before BoulderCo remove it, but to my knowledge EVE and Scatterer are enough to have a visual enhancement (no SVE, AVP or others)

3 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Got a little something cooking, still in early stages but here's a preview (don't mind the jittering and artifacts for now):

VigilantShadowyAmericancreamdraft-size_r

https://gfycat.com/vigilantshadowyamericancreamdraft

is that…. what I think it is ?

Clouds with height!!!!???!?! 
also that’s the unity editor right. There’s no way that’s ksp 

40 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

is that…. what I think it is ?

Clouds with height!!!!???!?! 
also that’s the unity editor right. There’s no way that’s ksp 

That's exactly what you think it is. This is in unity editor but the end goal is ksp of course

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

Got a little something cooking, still in early stages but here's a preview (don't mind the jittering and artifacts for now):

the particles have been acting a little wonky but dear Kraken that's not the fix I was expecting! You and your shader wizardry again.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:05 AM, blackrack said:

I would have never guessed that I will live long enough to actually see somebody try to apply a proper cloud shader to KSP. I sure hope you will succeed, it will be absolutely phenomenal. 

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

can you test this fix?

updating files now.

UPDATE:
I've installed  Scatterer v0.0770 and the new plugin DLLs for EVE and can confirm that city lights are working again. Thanks very much!

Edited by Caerfinon

5 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

how do you use EVE Redux without scatterer? whenever i try to install it with ckan nothing happens

You are using a EVE pack, right? Examples are Spectra, AVP. Or if you're using a planet pack, then it would come seperately or with the mod.

This is an answer for questions in the future, about Boulder Co and OPM, there are no texture files, nor settings for that mod.

If you want clouds for the OPM planets, you can go with AVP, or SVE (with the case of SVE I already discussed it in the thread). And maybe there is one hanging around there, but most likely it is very outdated and the links are ... just useless. 

The best thing would be if @blackrack may agree with @Poodmund to be able to create configurations, or revive the old mod for OPM. (as collaborative work)

Edited by luisitoISS

FIXED: I clicked on the EVE Icon in the bottom right and a I get an error message saying "No config! Please add a config with the contents of "EVE_CLOUDS{}" to populate. Where do I get a config?

Edited by Anbelizac

45 minutes ago, Anbelizac said:

Where do I get a config?

Different visual packs provide the config (like AVP).

The default config is "Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files" available on CKAN or from GitHub - https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/EVE-1.2.2-1/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip

So im trying to get my planets that have atmospheres  to "fade out more" rather than just a very distinct line:

KpfrM4E.jpg

The screenshots make it look way less for some reason and actually look like what I want. I'm pretty certain this is a setting in avp for eve, but no idea which one. Bodies without atmospheres had it too but I was able to get rid of it for them by removing the glow.cfg file in the avp configs folder.  But Im unable to change anything when it comes to bodies with atmospheres.   

1 minute ago, FDAUT said:

So im trying to get my planets that have atmospheres  to "fade out more" rather than just a very distinct line:

KpfrM4E.jpg

The screenshots make it look way less for some reason and actually look like what I want. I'm pretty certain this is a setting in avp for eve, but no idea which one. Bodies without atmospheres had it too but I was able to get rid of it for them by removing the glow.cfg file in the avp configs folder.  But Im unable to change anything when it comes to bodies with atmospheres.   

just found these in avp-scatterer folder possibly what I'm looking for??

@Scatterer_atmosphere:BEFORE[AstronomersVisualPack]
{
    !Atmo:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]{}
    Atmo
    {
        name = Kerbin
        flattenScaledSpaceMesh = 0.600000024
        experimentalAtmoScale = 2.4000001
        cloudColorMultiplier = 2
        cloudScatteringMultiplier = 0.7
        cloudSkyIrradianceMultiplier = 0.05
        volumetricsColorMultiplier = 1
        Rg = 600000
        Rt = 608490.375
        RL = 0
        atmosphereGlobalScale = 1
        EVEIntegration_preserveCloudColors = False
        HR = 10
        HM = 1.20000005
        BETA_MSca = 0.00400000019,0.00400000019,0.00400000019
        m_betaR = 0.00579999993,0.0135000004,0.0331000015
        m_mieG = 0.779999971
        rimBlend = 20
        rimpower = 600
        specR = 85
        specG = 85
        specB = 85
        shininess = 75
        assetPath = scatterer/config/Planets/Kerbin/Atmo
        configPoints
        {
            Item
            {
                altitude = 200
                skyExposure = 0.25
                skyAlpha = 1
                skyExtinctionTint = 1
                scatteringExposure = 0.230000004
                extinctionThickness = 1
                postProcessAlpha = 1
                postProcessDepth = 0.0799999982
                extinctionTint = 0.5
                openglThreshold = 10
                viewdirOffset = 0.0120000001
            }
            Item
            {
                altitude = 1000
                skyExposure = 0.25
                skyAlpha = 1
                skyExtinctionTint = 1
                scatteringExposure = 0.230000004
                extinctionThickness = 1
                postProcessAlpha = 1
                postProcessDepth = 0.100000001
                extinctionTint = 0.5
                openglThreshold = 10
                viewdirOffset = 0
            }
            Item
            {
                altitude = 250000
                skyExposure = 0.200000003
                skyAlpha = 1
                skyExtinctionTint = 1
                scatteringExposure = 0.200000003
                extinctionThickness = 1
                postProcessAlpha = 1
                postProcessDepth = 0.100000001
                extinctionTint = 0.5
                openglThreshold = 10
                viewdirOffset = 0
            }
        }
    } 

Getting the following error in a 1.12 install during the initial startup of the game:

2397 [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon '_BuildManager' from assembly '_BuildManager' 
2400 Uploading Crash Report
2401 NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
2402   at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () [0x00006] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
2403   at _BuildManager._BuildManager+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<logVersion>b__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) [0x00000] in <e4b5582dab1d42df871d52053423f128>:0 
2404   at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToList () [0x00019] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
2405   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
2406   at _BuildManager._BuildManager.logVersion () [0x0005c] in <e4b5582dab1d42df871d52053423f128>:0 
2407   at _BuildManager._BuildManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <e4b5582dab1d42df871d52053423f128>:0 

Not really sure why, the code looks ok, but I'm going to guess it may be this code:

Assembly buildManager = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
            String location = Path.GetDirectoryName(buildManager.Location);
            List<AssemblyName> assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies().Where(x => Path.GetDirectoryName(x.Location) == location).Select(x => x.GetName()).ToList();

I noticed that in my game, the cloud layer abruptly ends at 10,000 meters altitude. It looks weird on rocket takeoff or re-entry.
Does it work that way or could it be some bug or misconfiguration in my game?

I using the last version of 'Astronomer Visual Pack'! This can be a problem in that configuration's mod?

I'm using the latest version of this mod as well Scatterer (maximum quality settings)!

* KSP 1.12.1 Windows x64

Thanks.