[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

3 minutes ago, blackrack said:

It's definitely better than I expected as well. There are a few things to keep in mind though:

- This is running alone in unity editor, I expect half this performance in-game with scatterer on default settings.

- This does a lot of texture reads but they are optimized to hit the GPU cache, so cache performance is very important. Performance may not scale down or up linearly when the cache hits its limit.

- This relies heavily on temporal accumulation and upscaling, on lower framerates blurring and smearing may be more visible.

I don't actually know enough about GPUs to be able to tell about individual aspects of performance, I just looked up a comparison that said the GTX 1060 3GB is about 3x better than my MX150 2GB

25 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

I don't actually know enough about GPUs to be able to tell about individual aspects of performance, I just looked up a comparison that said the GTX 1060 3GB is about 3x better than my MX150 2GB

I also don't know the exact details for each GPU model, but what I wanted to say is that the performance difference may not be linear for this, ie a GPU that is normally 2x slower might perform 3x  worse for this or only 1.5x worse. Won't know for sure though until I do such tests (this comment isn't saying much in the end).

Edited by blackrack

On 2/6/2022 at 1:50 PM, blackrack said:

Some fresh screens, I largely got the technical aspects and performance down (this is framerate on a gtx 1060 3gb), still fiddling with shapes though.

jzMsmtS.png

1CWNped.png

9SuL3yt.png

Zp30zst.png

Wow... this is fantastic!

How can I get my game to look as gorgeous as this?

44 minutes ago, Supermarine said:

Wow... this is fantastic!

How can I get my game to look as gorgeous as this?

Wait for the next release. ;)

I clearly sent my GPU to do god's work with blackrack.  Hope it arrives soon.  Those screenshots are amazing.  Doubly amazing he is managing that with a 1060 3GB card.

Edited by R-T-B

11 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Wait for the next release. ;)

I clearly sent my GPU to do god's work with blackrack.  Hope it arrives soon.  Those screenshots are amazing.  Doubly amazing he is managing that with a 1080 3GB card.

I'm counting the hours until it arrives :D

4 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Wait, so a 1060's the minimum to make KSP amazing? 

Hide contents

Cool. I was planning on saving up for a 1080, but it seems a 1070 will do. :D

It's at least able to render those clouds pretty quick, craft not included granted... lol.

21 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Wait, so a 1060's the minimum to make KSP amazing? 

Reveal hidden contents

Cool. I was planning on saving up for a 1080, but it seems a 1070 will do. :D

Well, the minimum depends entirely on how much lag you can handle. My card's supposedly equivalent to a 1030 and run at least the current mods perfectly fine, it's just a matter of not minding it being at vaguely lowish framerates

15 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Well, the minimum depends entirely on how much lag you can handle. My card's supposedly equivalent to a 1030 and run at least the current mods perfectly fine, it's just a matter of not minding it being at vaguely lowish framerates

I can manage 20 fps with EVE and Scatterer on integrated, which is more than I expected.

20 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

I mean, none of us are what you'd call "high refresh gamers."  It's KSP.  If you have to choose between FPS and the mods, the mods usually win.  I think gameplay over smoothness wins anyday.

Edited by R-T-B

On 2/10/2022 at 4:11 PM, R-T-B said:

I mean, none of us are what you'd call "high refresh gamers."  It's KSP.  If you have to choose between FPS and the mods, the mods usually win.  I think gameplay over smoothness wins anyday.

Speaking of "high refresh gamers", got this beast sitting in my system now

j20gnbj.jpg

Thanks for the deal @R-T-B!
Now waiting for my new CPU, mobo and case to arrive as my current system looks quite antiquated compared to this :D

Edited by blackrack

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

hi

Nice! 2080% more clouds! :D 

Were you surprised at how thick the card is? I went from a 1070 to the same 2080 super, and it almost didn't fit in my case. 

Also, I spot a stock intel cooler :o 

46 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Nice! 2080% more clouds! :D 

Were you surprised at how thick the card is? I went from a 1070 to the same 2080 super, and it almost didn't fit in my case. 

Also, I spot a stock intel cooler :o 

It's 3 slots :D I've never seen a 3 slot card before. It's not super long though, I used to have a gtx 780 card that was so long I had to roll and pitch it in a certain way to get it to go inside the case...

Yeah my current PC uses an i7 3770 which isn't unlocked so doesn't need a beefy cooler. I always go for the best bang/buck and going for an overclocking mobo with good power delivery kills the bang/buck ratio, I'd rather put that money into a GPU or like a plane ticket :D . So, my next CPU is going to be the i5-12400f and as you can tell I don't plan to deviate from that formula.

Edited by blackrack

3 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I've never seen a 3 slot card before.

That's why I was not so worried about the fan having minor issues (we dealt with it), that cooler is way overkill and could probably run nearly passive if asked too, lol.

Fun fact, they use that same cooler on their 2080ti!

Edited by R-T-B

I don't know what's going on with this mod, but I've tested carefully. Only with this mod installed when switching from any vessel to KSC at night, this is the only thing I can see. I've tried installing default config, deleted and installed VVP, no difference. This time I've installedjust EVE, ReStock, KER. No graphical mod that could mess with ground texrtures, shaders, etc. So. please, help me.

6pKlcqp.png

22 hours ago, vorastra said:

I don't know what's going on with this mod, but I've tested carefully. Only with this mod installed when switching from any vessel to KSC at night, this is the only thing I can see. I've tried installing default config, deleted and installed VVP, no difference. This time I've installedjust EVE, ReStock, KER. No graphical mod that could mess with ground texrtures, shaders, etc. So. please, help me.

6pKlcqp.png

happens from time to time to me. Usually I reload the scene and its back to normal. Dont know what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Moho supposed to have a, uh, atmosphere?   There is like a haze around it, like a cloud or something.   It is really detached from the surface though and is floating out in space.   Once I zoom it past it, it goes away.

Using Astronomers visual pack with EVE.

kVyqZrQytcd7kOstRTAxhlX9xZ6ijMLLy9heFcAy2BVtkiOu0FAP70EDiSuWSxupoN61H6CZIv1D7nhhXgxa4GJx5FCO456WkAnVHKMdZ-pT9eS2F0CWttlRll-6tDNHEDxD0jdOf-V0HHa3jXI4W5Zykw6CrxIuHKQrFc0RJ5i2DQnCSnHTgMiQ9w4Q6wFI3WUHZ2p3a_i0metW7F55Hyj5LPeyZnPeqQjsdagyjnTgWoVMBS3iy9MndP8o3EzzToPESWt5KH987B1VTEmCUEvp_RG4ZTLWUlX-Yl1PKdyoAwGm-cx5E_nKsRlbi-fAbSECg0AvINgj_goyU6rKpcVc_QsZEN3OYmPVbyZ_K6d1znF4ykREvpr4O1JYQANL167TdcMekQon5DWHj40Pu4LQGW6eBDqQo222KonxBfr_B_hxT28wdKO6RIIbQlPbMvS9cbd-Q4ObfY7VKvPZSQFaoR7myyD9wDj7biu4bYEqDaB0XX0ZPYiU2_tnQxdInMP-ZIBvROEGlHgV4SXbZUaDSnzMmGBf

gf2Ng6dUjLHejiB6cWLbiW4krxLbEiV3j-mdzjH0Viw_FeVm-4Bc3iLv9CmGMChaydiQus5IXYME1QIkUV8zSiEvh9k803U8YkzSSkJm_1q-MqPJBhhKzegy468bQyu9JvI90yTy

2 hours ago, Tundra said:

Is Moho supposed to have a, uh, atmosphere?   There is like a haze around it, like a cloud or something.   It is really detached from the surface though and is floating out in space.   Once I zoom it past it, it goes away.

This is from AVP, it is meant to look like dust and other particles being kicked off the surface of Moho by the sun. If you dig through the files of AVP you can probably remove it.

Hello, I have been playing around with a mod called KVE for another mod, KSRSS but keep experiencing a problem with atmospheres of Venus and Titan. The mod author has seen this problem and hasn't found a solution so that why I've come here.

Here's the issue with KSRSS and KVE:

Spoiler

lJthn40.jpgOYYHBa9.jpg

And here's what they normally look like with just KSRSS: 

Spoiler

u7VINAW.jpgoV7GU7Q.jpg

What's odd is that Venus and Titan aren't meant to be affected by KVE but still are and that Mars is left unaffected.

Here is the log with KVE and KSRSS and the log with just KSRSS. I've done a little experimenting and I've found that when the modified KVE Clouds.cfg is installed, it bricks the atmosphere of Venus and Titan but the standards KSRSS Clouds.cfg leaves Venus and Titan fine but bricks earth. I presume this is due to the fact that KVE introduces new textures for Earths atmosphere and terrain and cant be handled by the original KSRSS Cloud.cfg but why it breaks Venus and Titan is a mystery to me. I don't really understand much of anything about module manager :P. Hopefully this is all the information you need and if you need anything else I'll try to get it to you as fast as possible. Thanks!

Edited by Kuiper_Belt

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 3:51 PM, Kuiper_Belt said:

Hello, I have been playing around with a mod called KVE for another mod, KSRSS but keep experiencing a problem with atmospheres of Venus and Titan. The mod author has seen this problem and hasn't found a solution so that why I've come here.

Here's the issue with KSRSS and KVE:

Reveal hidden contents

lJthn40.jpgOYYHBa9.jpg

And here's what they normally look like with just KSRSS: 

Reveal hidden contents

u7VINAW.jpgoV7GU7Q.jpg

What's odd is that Venus and Titan aren't meant to be affected by KVE but still are and that Mars is left unaffected.

Here is the log with KVE and KSRSS and the log with just KSRSS. I've done a little experimenting and I've found that when the modified KVE Clouds.cfg is installed, it bricks the atmosphere of Venus and Titan but the standards KSRSS Clouds.cfg leaves Venus and Titan fine but bricks earth. I presume this is due to the fact that KVE introduces new textures for Earths atmosphere and terrain and cant be handled by the original KSRSS Cloud.cfg but why it breaks Venus and Titan is a mystery to me. I don't really understand much of anything about module manager :P. Hopefully this is all the information you need and if you need anything else I'll try to get it to you as fast as possible. Thanks!

I’ve used KVE before, I’m pretty sure it used outdated scatterer and eve configs for Venus which is why it doesn’t work, tbh im not sure tho