[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

Better get a 4090, so you can (maybe) run this without temporal upscaling.

Mine literally arrived today, I can legitimately try this if the option is tweakable in config.

Will the new EVE Redux with volumetric clouds vne backwards compatible to older versions of mods, that do not use them yet? Or will it be an incompatible upgrade only made for mods being adapted to the new version of the Eve framework?

Edited by Rakete

28 minutes ago, lucius57 said:

Will the new EVE volumetric clouds be compatible it’s the ksp rescale mod and/or RSS?

23 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Will the new EVE Redux with volumetric clouds vne backwards compatible to older versions of mods, that do not use them yet? Or will it be an incompatible upgrade only made for mods being adapted to the new version of the Eve framework?

These questions get asked a lot so I added a FAQ section to the OP, please refer to it, you will find the answers there.

15 hours ago, Moose said:

I work in VFX, I wouldn't dare if it was just for games :P

If you need it pushed hard hit me up.

I have a GTX 960, if you need it lightly struggling, hit me up.      :)

I'm trying to build up a custom planet pack and I have a question about EVE_Clouds
I have tried both combining all my configs into a single file and loading that, and have tried applying Module Manager patches to it, I -cannot- get more than one planet at a time to show clouds. I've checked my file directories, checked my textures. It seems like everything should be working but if I get it working on one, I can't seem to get them working on the other. 
Anyone know the proper way to set EVE_clouds with a patch hierarchy?  Basically something like @EVE_Clouds:FOR[Modname] or @EVE_Clouds:BEFORE[Modname]
I've even tried @ all of the OBJECTS in there. 
Still doesn't explain why even if I load one file with all the configs in, I don't see all of my clouds loading in (I sometimes get Aurora, but then I'm missing lightning, dust storms, etc)
Think I'm missing something with how EVE_Clouds works. Thanks. 

18 hours ago, blackrack said:

These questions get asked a lot so I added a FAQ section to the OP, please refer to it, you will find the answers there.

Hi,  Black! :)

Everything ok?

I have a question about this new version of EVE, with volumetric clouds and climate change. Will it work on MacOS, with the new chips M1 and M2?

44 minutes ago, Gabriel B said:

Hi,  Black! :)

Everything ok?

I have a question about this new version of EVE, with volumetric clouds and climate change. Will it work on MacOS, with the new chips M1 and M2?

All good.

It's very likely that the first release or test builds won't work on OpenGL (and so on mac). I plan to fix it of course but it's not first priority.

9 minutes ago, CalvonVulcan said:

so i have EVE, scatterer and ksrss installed, but i dont get that effect while flying through them of them puffing up, they just stay 2d and i have tried to do it in stock but to the same result is this a bug or is meant to be that, i have the latest eve installed

If you are referring to the last images on this post, that's because the version is not available yet. it's being developed. Not finished yet! It will be here shortly so stay tuned.

Flew by this cool mountain area today while testing

1 hour ago, CalvonVulcan said:

so i have EVE, scatterer and ksrss installed, but i dont get that effect while flying through them of them puffing up, they just stay 2d and i have tried to do it in stock but to the same result is this a bug or is meant to be that, i have the latest eve installed

Have you tried it with the default EVE configs?

If so include a log file and some of your own in-game screenshots.

12 hours ago, blackrack said:

Have you tried it with the default EVE configs?

If so include a log file and some of your own in-game screenshots.

If you are refering to try it in Stock without ksrss, i have tried that But the same answer, 2D clouds

If you want i can send my log and screenshots

18 hours ago, blackrack said:

Flew by this cool mountain area today while testing

Damn, this is really going to bring more people towards the aircraft side of things.

Low Fog = ILS actual approaches hehehe .... Right?  :)

16 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

If you are refering to try it in Stock without ksrss, i have tried that But the same answer, 2D clouds

If you want i can send my log and screenshots

The screenshots you posted earlier show the particles working just fine; it sounds like you're expecting your game to look like the pictures Blackrack has been posting, which it won't because all that's still in development

4 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

The screenshots you posted earlier show the particles working just fine; it sounds like you're expecting your game to look like the pictures Blackrack has been posting, which it won't because all that's still in development

Those are actually my screenshots for regular EVE-Redux, so I think he's trying to say it doesn't look like that.

@CalvonVulcan Just post your log and screenshots here.

52 minutes ago, Dr Stowaters said:

I'm quite new to using EVE so im wondering how do i get the volumetric clouds to work?

On 11/3/2022 at 7:32 PM, Agustin said:

If you are referring to the last images on this post, that's because the version is not available yet. it's being developed. Not finished yet! It will be here shortly so stay tuned.