[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

1 hour ago, coyotepunk05 said:

Just jumped into this thread to search for information about the release of volumetric clouds but I saw this post. The website you are grabbing this information from is UserBenchmark. This website is notoriously unreliable. They fudge a significant amount of their data and partake in very anti-competitive practices. They are a complete joke in the PC building community. There a long videos on YouTube picking this apart.  

It is unfortunate because it provides a very nice overview of graphics cards and simple comparisons, at least from a surface level perspective. The realities of what this website is forces one to actually go and seek out individual reviews and compare components in a slower more personal level.

Also, as much as the 4080 performs well, it is a very significant example of anti-consumer practices and a horrible trend in pricing in graphics cards. 

Their default view is based on advertisement yes, as soon as you click on AVG Bench, its just pure Benchmark, there are a lot of people that don't realize that including those videos...

On 12/24/2022 at 4:31 AM, Pointblank66 said:

I'm preparing my ksp 1.12.4 installation for a RSS playthrough. But after installing the first batch of mods I noticed is an error coming from EVE-Redux. Something like this:

[WRN 02:24:52.829] Cannot find preset 'RSS_High' for pqs 'EVE PQS'
[LOG 02:24:52.843] [EVE CloudsManager]: Cannot find Jupiter to apply to main Menu!
[LOG 02:24:52.843] [EVE CloudsManager]: No PQS! Instanciating one.
[LOG 02:24:52.843] [EVE CloudsManager]: PQS Applied
[LOG 02:24:52.843] [EVE CloudsManager]: Applying 2D clouds...
[LOG 02:24:52.858] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now SCALED
[LOG 02:24:52.859] [EVE CloudsManager]: CloudsPQS: (EVE Clouds: JupiterStorm) OnSphereInactive
[LOG 02:24:52.859] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now SCALED

and I get that with all the planets in RSS, not just Jupiter.
Visually in game I can't really see any issue.

Current installation contains the following mods:
RSS v19.0.4.0
RSS 16k textures v18.6.1
PRVE v1.9.3
PRVE 64k v1.9.3
Kopernicus rc-1.12.1-141
Harmony2 v2.2.1.0
Module Manager v4.2.2
Modular Flight Integrator v1.2.10.0
KSP Community Fixes v1.23.0
EVE v1.11.7.1
Scatterer (including the default config and sunflare) v0.0838

Bumping this bc I would like to know how to fix this error Please!!????

21 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Me and my homie

Look, just release this already!

I want to make it very clear beyond any doubt that this was a joke. Please, for the love of whatever gods exist, take your time!

Edited by Delay

Is anyone aware of a method of disabling EVE and scatterer on the space centre selector scene - like where you're switching between VAB, tracking centre, etc?

I'm using the QuickGoTo mod to avoid the overhead of loading the enhanced scene, but it's sometimes unavoidable.

Edited by TMS

Do these separate entities run at a higher size scale to the main clouds? I'm curious how these might render in scaled space if if it might be possible to scatter these like 3d anvil heads amongst the 2d clouds layer in orbit

iss065e168303.jpg

Edited by pingopete

36 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Do these separate entities run at a higher size scale to the main clouds? I'm curious how these might render in scaled space if if it might be possible to scatter these like 3d anvil heads amongst the 2d clouds layer in orbit

iss065e168303.jpg

Yes, they are a separate cloud layer and even within the same layer you can have cloud types with varying scales of noise.  Different parts of the plume use different scales.

You can indeed scatter anvil clouds this way, best done using the in-game painter, but still time consuming to get right.

The upscaling doesn't hold up well from orbit and I'm using a placeholder for the cloud layer so you'll see some rough edges in these images but you can clearly see the plumes from orbit:

h1NFDIQ.png

DvH65xI.png

0P2EYc2.png

nAbKIpk.png

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Yes, they are a separate cloud layer and even within the same layer you can have cloud types with varying scales of noise.  Different parts of the plume use different scales.

You can indeed scatter anvil clouds this way, best done using the in-game painter, but still time consuming to get right.

The upscaling doesn't hold up well from orbit and I'm using a placeholder for the cloud layer so you'll see some rough edges in these images but you can clearly see the plumes from orbit:

h1NFDIQ.png

DvH65xI.png

0P2EYc2.png

nAbKIpk.png

Excellent, I think this is my first time seeing just the normal clouds from orbit and they look way better than I expected, I can't really see any patching/looping going on so you must have tuned the scale and noise real nice, the plumes are also great from space, especially over the horizon, one the haze gets integrated, I can't imagin how epic seeing some residual red sunlight catching the top of one will look at the terminators 

16 hours ago, pingopete said:

Excellent, I think this is my first time seeing just the normal clouds from orbit and they look way better than I expected, I can't really see any patching/looping going on so you must have tuned the scale and noise real nice, the plumes are also great from space, especially over the horizon, one the haze gets integrated, I can't imagin how epic seeing some residual red sunlight catching the top of one will look at the terminators 

This is how it looked the last time I showed some orbit shots lmao

23 hours ago, blackrack said:

h1NFDIQ.png

DvH65xI.png

0P2EYc2.png

nAbKIpk.png

Its much better than last time, but it still looks somewhat off. Is it because the clouds have no shadows(yet?)