[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

On 1/7/2023 at 12:41 AM, blackrack said:

Some experiments on Eve but they'd be more at home on Jool

Yg4Kede.png

ySBldM9.png

t2K4UIv.png

onM7Qf5.png

Nah, this looks perfect, exactly how Eve should look. It has the same vibe as Nassault's "Emerald Sunrise" video but it looks way better.

On 1/5/2023 at 10:07 PM, blackrack said:

Favourite spot for a picnic

oVTlGM2.png

g3JwFAu.png

W2L2e0c.png

Between this and Parallax Laythe looks like planet Vvardenfell now, which is amazing

At this rate KSP2 will be graphically obsolete at launch.

4 hours ago, Cerious said:

I m shocked how fast this mod develops now, I can almost feel the release

It took a while to get to this point, to figure everything out, get the code working correctly and the performance to be decent (for what it does). Making configs is the easy part.

1 hour ago, Natso said:

How i can open config editor?

ctrl+alt+0

Note that's the standard config editor, not the cloud painter as that's not released yet.

59 minutes ago, blackrack said:

It took a while to get to this point, to figure everything out, get the code working correctly and the performance to be decent (for what it does). Making configs is the easy part.

ctrl+alt+0

Note that's the standard config editor, not the cloud painter as that's not released yet.

Ohh , i have fully installed as per instructions including config but i don't see any cloud in my game

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

ctrl+alt+0

We all know you meant Cloud Picasso eh? (It's a work of art)   :)

Edited by RW-1

So I just tested this on a 1060 6gb at 1080p and it runs at 45-60 fps with Scatterer on default and Parallax 2 on default. No other mods.

This is with the same settings I use for the 2080, multiple layers, fog and rain and all so potentially lower quality presets would run even better.

The worst drop I saw was 41 fps.

1060 owners rejoice I guess (as long as it's 1080p or below).

2 minutes ago, blackrack said:

So I just tested this on a 1060 6gb at 1080p and it runs at 45-60 fps with Scatterer on default and Parallax 2 on default. No other mods.

This is with the same settings I use for the 2080, multiple layers, fog and rain and all so potentially lower quality presets would run even better.

WOW!
Me and my trusty rx580 are in such joy!

BTW what does default Scatterer means?

Edited by ra4nd0m

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

That is sweet!

I'm running a GTX 960 though, but have acceptable FR's with Scatterer and Parallax 2.0 out of the box, with the exception of turning off temporal AA in scatterer. So I should be good ...

I think folks need to brace for the potential fact that KSP2 at release is not going to looks as good as this. You're a wizard Blackrack. Gamerslinx too. Thank you all for your work for all this time. Its been a hell of a ride.

Edited by Motokid600

Ksp 2 in the trailers has visually no chance to a heavily modded ksp1-install. This will change over the years. Also featurewise. I guess, a heavily modded ksp 1 install will have more gameplayloops than the new upcomming ksp2 at release.

I am almost sure, that ksp2 will be a good fundament upon new mods will create fantastic stuff. But right now it's just an unreleased fundament, while ksp1 is a fully built up house with garden and backyard and a cat resting on the porch.

Edited by Rakete

8 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Ksp 2 in the trailers has visually no chance to a heavily modded ksp1-install. This will change over the years. Also featurewise. I guess, a heavily modded ksp 1 install will have more gameplayloops than the new upcomming ksp2 at release.

I am almost sure, that ksp2 will be a good fundament upon new mods will create fantastic stuff. But right now it's just an unreleased fundament, while ksp1 is a fully built up house with garden and backyard and a cat resting on the porch.

KSP2 with years of mods will probably be crazy. Assuming that it (hopefully) has more stable performance + less insane load times, once it gets mods like EVE, AVP, Parallax it'll be a no-brainer choice for me. Sorry KSP but a 1 minute wait every time I switch buildings has gotten old in the past 8 years lol

2 hours ago, Coin said:

KSP2 with years of mods will probably be crazy. Assuming that it (hopefully) has more stable performance + less insane load times, once it gets mods like EVE, AVP, Parallax it'll be a no-brainer choice for me. Sorry KSP but a 1 minute wait every time I switch buildings has gotten old in the past 8 years lol

A minute load time for switching buildings is strange. This does not reflect my gameplay with a crazy amount of mods. And: I have an old potato pc with an old hdd, where ksp lies around (the ssd is for the system).  Once it's loaded, almost everything runs smooth. Okay, it fills my 32 gigs of ram almost halfway, but... that's okay. Only starting up ksp takes five minutes - enough time to brew a fresh cup of coffee or tea.

8 minutes ago, Natso said:

delete sci-fi visual enhancements and reinstall EVE redux. Since you use RSS, delete Astronomers visual pack and install this (RSSVE_HR OR RSSVE_LR): https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSSVE/releases

Edited by Merlin1809

2 hours ago, Rakete said:

A minute load time for switching buildings is strange. This does not reflect my gameplay with a crazy amount of mods. And: I have an old potato pc with an old hdd, where ksp lies around (the ssd is for the system).  Once it's loaded, almost everything runs smooth. Okay, it fills my 32 gigs of ram almost halfway, but... that's okay. Only starting up ksp takes five minutes - enough time to brew a fresh cup of coffee or tea.

I also have an SSD and 32 gigs of RAM (and like 6GB memory on the GPU) but after too many hours in Career mode all loading screens get pretty bad! Its perfectly fine during a fresh start, though

[snip]

21 hours ago, Benzo Kerman said:

@blackrack not expecting much, but how does the 1060 run with raymarched shadows? :D

If you mean this (object shadows) It actually won't be in this first version because too expensive and fiddly

ymRgP5q.png

If you mean these though (cloud shadows) they're in and the 1060 runs them at 45-60 fps at 1080p.

aY7obkR.png

LFklHg6.png