[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

If you mean this (object shadows) It actually won't be in this first version because too expensive and fiddly

ymRgP5q.png

If you mean these though (cloud shadows) they're in and the 1060 runs them at 45-60 fps at 1080p.

aY7obkR.png

LFklHg6.png

So beautiful.. you really are painting with light.

3 hours ago, Coin said:

I also have an SSD and 32 gigs of RAM (and like 6GB memory on the GPU) but after too many hours in Career mode all loading screens get pretty bad! Its perfectly fine during a fresh start, though

Doesn't killing some running missions get things back up? I mean, some missions (like old unused relays, old science outposts and stuff can be deprecated after fulfilling their purpose, right? Doesn't this get performance back up?

Just now, Rakete said:

Doesn't killing some running missions get things back up? I mean, some missions (like old unused relays, old science outposts and stuff can be deprecated after fulfilling their purpose, right? Doesn't this get performance back up?

Sometimes we like keeping those old monuments to the past. I remember doing a crewed landing on an asteroid moon I had visited 24 ingame years ago, and touching down within a kilometer or so of an old probe and paying it a visit on EVA, which was fun

1 hour ago, chris_almere said:

Ive been playing KSP since very early acces maybe it was something like kickstarter i dont remember (i dont know, it was well before steam),  Its a nice game and all but to make it look half decent you need to mod the **** out of it. Wich is absolutely infuriating.

But this mod takes the cake, it does NOTHING the original EVE didnt do already.

It teases us with beautifull screenshots BUT it doesnt deliver!

All it says is that "Its not ready for release". - Dude! KSP2 will launch SOON! do you realy want to develop for a dead game?

Im not even gonna bother with ksp2, the thought of piecing together dozens of mods to get the feeling i got a complete game only to find out that certain mods im realy exited about (like this one) is nothing more then a teaser of something that will never happen.

Thanks for absolutely nothing!

Whats wrong, dude? Just be happy, that someone, who is very talented, invests time to make the game better for all of us. Just be thankful. He doesn't owe us nothing! This is the kind of toxic complaints, that make modders leave.

And no, KSP2 is around the corner, but can't compete at launch with a heavily modded ksp1-install visually and featurewise. You don't like the mod? Just leave it - in silence instead of rage posting. 

And no, the new EVE volumetrics were never before available for Ksp.

If he released stuff early, there would be complaints about a half baked release full of bugs. He does it the right way: Show intermediate results, but keeps debugging and performance optimizing for us, to not make us suffer an annoyingly buggy release. 

14 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

Sometimes we like keeping those old monuments to the past. I remember doing a crewed landing on an asteroid moon I had visited 24 ingame years ago, and touching down within a kilometer or so of an old probe and paying it a visit on EVA, which was fun

But technically it would make the game run faster again, if you delete old missions/ active vessels in space, right?

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

You mean old crafts/bases? I'm sure it does help, although I can't bring myself to delete anything besides debris, I'm too attached to all of my missions :(

Point being anyways, KSP 2 should fix all of this stuff! A man can dream!

if the ship isnt powered and you have nothing doing background generation for those ships/bases they have minuim impact on performance then as the game just tracks their location. now if you have lots of things doing background generation then removing thins help

5 hours ago, KranSmith said:

I have install fully follow the tutorial , and you can see i  don't see any cloud on my Earth . Have some cloud but very litte and bad

https://ibb.co/FBKwmFb

did you install RSS via CKAN? If so, make sure you also have the texture pack of RSS downloaded. If not over CKAN kame sure you have a pack of this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases

Can't really help anymore, it's not EVE's fault, but you are probably missing a mod or something. It works for me with RSS.

Edited by Merlin1809

2 hours ago, Merlin1809 said:

did you install RSS via CKAN? If so, make sure you also have the texture pack of RSS downloaded. If not over CKAN kame sure you have a pack of this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases

Can't really help anymore, it's not EVE's fault, but you are probably missing a mod or something. It works for me with RSS.

I follow you instructions and it working but seems my cloud is not as advertised . Maybe i downloaded working config?

https://ibb.co/2sXJvkV

3 hours ago, KranSmith said:

I follow you instructions and it working but seems my cloud is not as advertised . Maybe i downloaded working config?

https://ibb.co/2sXJvkV

That looks like it's supposed to. The pics posted here in the past months are for a new version of the mod which has not been released yet. Probably will in the next 2 weeks or so (hopefully).

Question for blackrack: will the clouds in the upcoming update only be available for celestial bodies with an atmosphere, or all bodies like it is now? I ask this because mist/dust is a feature I've always loved on the Mun and Minmus from other EVE packs, and was curious if this would still be possible. Thanks :))