[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

I think Adiri has custom Scatterer configs, it's personal preference.

Nah this is just with default scatterer included in the download, dunno why its so dark but i think it looks good (it might have also been early morning/late afternoon)

4 hours ago, Irreversible Extents said:

Perhaps at some point we could throw in some proper geysers on Laythe, too?  :cool:

I went with volcanoes for now

4 hours ago, KSACheese said:

Question for blackrack: will the clouds in the upcoming update only be available for celestial bodies with an atmosphere, or all bodies like it is now? I ask this because mist/dust is a feature I've always loved on the Mun and Minmus from other EVE packs, and was curious if this would still be possible. Thanks :))

For now it only works on bodies with atmo but it's a very small issue causing that and will soon work with all bodies.

4 hours ago, internallyflamed said:

With the weather thing, will there be any wind? or compatibility with a wind mod to simulate higher winds or something durings storms, rain etc. Also will there be snowfall in the months of winter?

Wind is possible but complex and outside the scope of the first releases, maybe in the future.

Snowfall that happens only at certain times is already possible with the new time settings https://github.com/LGhassen/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/wiki/Raymarched-Clouds-Overview#time-settings

Actual configurable particles will be added in the future to better simulate the look of snow/rain/anything

4 hours ago, Adiri said:

Nah this is just with default scatterer included in the download, dunno why its so dark but i think it looks good (it might have also been early morning/late afternoon)

This is definitely NOT the included scatterer config. You might want to check of you have any mods overriding the config if that isn't intentional.

9 hours ago, 9595w said:

SPlpRdi.png

Sooooooo this is amazing, using some of @HafCoJoeconfigs from Spectra ;).

A little bit weird, cause the cloud size does not perfectly fit, to the size of kerbin (smaller than Earth). I am sure, the configs will be adjusted to the new capabilities of EVE.  I think, from orbit, the clouds look a bit smoother and less grainy in reality - so i guess the configs of spectra, AVP, etc. will do the fine tuning. Right now in the picture the whole planet has huge cumulus clouds. I think some mix with cirrus and stratus clouds (provided by old-eve's capabilities) will do the perfect mix. But that's the job, of the config makers for their visual packs, if they decide, to do so.

But this is just the cherry upon the cream topping.

Great work, Blackrack!

Edited by Rakete

35 minutes ago, N9 Gaming said:

Made a little showcase as soon as I could! Absolute gold, thank you for your hard work @blackrack, it's very appreciated - completely transforming this game!

Damn that was quick! Thank you, really cool showcase. Adding it to the OP

Edited by blackrack

4 minutes ago, Merlin1809 said:

How do you access the cloud painter ingame? In the main menu I can't paint and in flight I can't access EVE configs.

It's in a separate manager, see here: https://github.com/LGhassen/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/wiki/In-game-Cloud-Painter

Just change managers with the top right arrow.

Edited by blackrack

16 minutes ago, blackrack said:

It's in a separate manager, see here: https://github.com/LGhassen/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/wiki/In-game-Cloud-Painter

Just change managers with the top right arrow. Note this is only for the dev version.

Yeah, but how can I access it in flight? I don't have an EVE button in my toolbar to open the config. I can get to the Manager in the main menu space centre, but can't paint.

Edited by Merlin1809

The clouds look incredible!!

I know blackrack said this is not yet released publicly, but I see some people sharing screenshots of volumetric clouds. Is there some beta version available?

I looked at the Github releases but the latest one (1.11.7.1) doesn't appear to have volumetric clouds enabled.

Edited by Scrashdown
typo

6 minutes ago, Scrashdown said:

The clouds look incredible!!

I know blackrack said this is not yet released publicly, but I see some people sharing screenshots of volumetric clouds. Is there some beta version available?

I looked at the Github releases but the latest one (1.11.7.1) doesn't appear to have volumetric clouds enabled.

On patreon, costs 4 bucks for early access.