[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

For those wondering: Can my potato PC run this?  I tried it on a modern potato, loaded it up with all my mods, and the result is described below in a post I made to blackrack:

Hey blackrack, got to test on some more "mainstream" hardware today...  device is a T14s AMD Ryzen based Thinkpad with 16GBs of ram and a Ryzen 6850U CPU with integrated RDNA2 based graphics.  It's generally regarded as one of the strongest iGPUs on the market, but still an iGPU

[11:57 PM]
in short, it works, albeit barely.  Thought you'd find it interesting:

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

FPS in top corner.  Planet is a rescaled 2.5x Kerbin.

No, it's not great, but it does run ALMOST playably and that's with parallax and a ton of other mods maxed out.  Reduce my modset some and I'd say it could be usable.  That's on an igpu with a 25W power budget, roughly equal performance wise to a very low clocked AMD RX 570 or faster version of a GTX 1050 type card.

Not bad at all!

Edited by R-T-B

25 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

For those wondering: Can my potato PC run this?  I tried it on a modern potato, loaded it up with all my mods, and the result is described below in a post I made to blackrack:

No, it's not great, but it does run ALMOST playably and that's with parallax and a ton of other mods maxed out.  Reduce my modset some and I'd say it could be usable.  That's on an igpu with a 25W power budget, roughly equal performance wise to a very low clocked AMD RX 570 or faster version of a GTX 1050 type card.

Not bad at all!

Damn that's actually reasonable performance. Means my 1650 laptop will probably run this at at least 30 fps, which is playable.

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

Not bad at all!

Wait, that's a potato?  Then what is my 8 gigs, I5 CPU, and 1030-equivalent considered?

(which with nothing else on default settings gets a pretty solid 15-20 fps with the new volumetrics, yet to test with a bunch of mods)

Edited by WarriorSabe

1 hour ago, WarriorSabe said:

Wait, that's a potato?

A modern potato.  As in, the latest in potato technology.  It's a lowend 2023 PC.

Not meant to be mean or judgemental at all to other potatoes.

Edited by R-T-B

9 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Not bad at all!

Also to note: I found you can increase the upscaling on the clouds without much playability degredation but with notable increase to FPS and lower GPU demand, x16 still looks decent in my opinion.

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

Also to note: I found you can increase the upscaling on the clouds without much playability degredation but with notable increase to FPS and lower GPU demand, x16 still looks decent in my opinion

x16 is what flight simulator and many other titles use, I do find it more distracting than the performance increase is worth over x8 (at least for me and my setup), but the option is there if you need it.

Soaring 

I took the new clouds out for a spin in @Hotel26's Underdog and oh WOW!  This was a really wonderful experience flying in KSP.  Very well done!

(I miss not having citylights because I do a lot of night flying, but I can live with that. It's just so beautiful)

C6iXqfh.png 

mEroPaC.png

5LbzGgp.png

phx4NgJ.png

3 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Soaring 

I took the new clouds out for a spin in @Hotel26's Underdog and oh WOW!  This was a really wonderful experience flying in KSP.  Very well done!

(I miss not having citylights because I do a lot of night flying, but I can live with that. It's just so beautiful)

C6iXqfh.png 

mEroPaC.png

5LbzGgp.png

phx4NgJ.png

City lights still work, I didn't include configs (because personal preference) but you can copy them over from the old configs.

Edited by blackrack

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

City lights still work, I didn't include configs (because personal preference) but you can copy them over from the old configs.

I tried that by leaving only the city lights in BoulderCo and deleting the rest, but  the config showed red in scatterer. 

Just now, Caerfinon said:

I tried that by leaving only the city lights in BoulderCo and deleting the rest, but  the config showed red in scatterer. 

Make sure you have the textures and everything? I saw some users running the city lights with the new clouds.