[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

1 hour ago, CatKing1179 said:

Will it become free when it is complete or will it stay paid?

It will be free when Blackrack is ready and posts the release version, not before...kinda like Gandalf never being late :cool:.

5 hours ago, A_Kuba said:

When is the mod expected to fully come out?

Im aware that there might not be an exact date set for the release but I would really like to know how close the mod is to the full release.

No date is, or, I suspect, will be publicly set.  It'll be released when Blackrack's ready and, for many of us, it'll be a welcome surprise when it does.  The running joke throughout the forum is Soon™, meaning "whenever it happens".   I'm sure that in your review of the last few pages you've seen the progress made and the wonderful examples from those who have contributed to Blackrack's Patreon.  If you want to have it now, head over there and donate.

The pre-release works and looks amazing. I am happy to report I was surprised how little it impacted the game's performance on my rig. Running the old faithful 1080Ti and I get way more frames than I was expecting. Excellent job @blackrack

I have a basic question that might be unrelated tho:  those Auroras that people make, are they part of E.V.E configs or are they part of Scatterer configs?? I apologize for my ignorance. Same for this "glow" or faint dust that people sometimes use, do they use E.V.E or Scatterer for this?? Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Dafni said:

The pre-release works and looks amazing. I am happy to report I was surprised how little it impacted the game's performance on my rig. Running the old faithful 1080Ti and I get way more frames than I was expecting. Excellent job @blackrack

I have a basic question that might be unrelated tho:  those Auroras that people make, are they part of E.V.E configs or are they part of Scatterer configs?? I apologize for my ignorance. Same for this "glow" or faint dust that people sometimes use, do they use E.V.E or Scatterer for this?? Thanks in advance.

Thank you! Both use EVE, you won't be able to mix them with the new clouds though, true volumetrics and the old style clouds don't render correctly together.

7 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Thank you! Both use EVE, you won't be able to mix them with the new clouds though, true volumetrics and the old style clouds don't render correctly together.

Thank you!

I see, cheers. Not trying to mix anything myself here, I leave the config magic to you guys. Just something I always wondered, for my general understanding of what comes from where.

As for incorporating other features etc, I am sure once it gets public all those nifty mod creators and config magicians will come up with all kinds of packs once more.

Thanks again and have a good one

Hope someone makes a custom Jool config to at least get us through until BlackRack releases the official (and perfect) one, I tried myself but I didn't get past the "Combine all other cloud layers to make the omega cloudmap" step.

We were allowed to mess with the configs right? Just asking.

4 hours ago, bQuest said:

Hope someone makes a custom Jool config to at least get us through until BlackRack releases the official (and perfect) one, I tried myself but I didn't get past the "Combine all other cloud layers to make the omega cloudmap" step.

We were allowed to mess with the configs right? Just asking.

Feel free to modify the configs. Feel free to share and distribute your config changes as well (preferably as ModuleManager patches) but you just can't distribute any of my textures or modified versions of my textures, other than that, have fun!

Edited by blackrack

@blackrack et al., while I am "asking questions that I always wondered about"... is there a way to disable clouds (or other visual mods for that matter) in map view and/or the tracking station?? Again sorry for the ignorance, I admit it's been a long time since I read every thread and post on here.

1 minute ago, Dafni said:

@blackrack et al., while I am "asking questions that I always wondered about"... is there a way to disable clouds (or other visual mods for that matter) in map view and/or the tracking station?? Again sorry for the ignorance, I admit it's been a long time since I read every thread and post on here.

None that I'm aware of

4 hours ago, Dafni said:

Best I can think of would be removing the layer2D, but that would also remove them in-flight from orbit

2 hours ago, FinnPreuß said:

What would happen if I would use it with AVP? Would it be very bad?

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

It is not advised to run any older cloud configs alongside the new volumetrics, there will be conflicts. Just dont do it (yet, wait for the AVP guys to incorporate the updated base mod and write their own configs)

1 hour ago, CatKing1179 said:

Will Jool have the volumetric clouds?

Eventually, yes, I would bet. Please keep in mind we are seeing an early access dev build, a work in progress so to speak. And, on top of what the final version of Blackracks own configs will bring, you will soon get other config packs like the AVP mentioned above. And I am sure we will see some amazing interpretations of Jool's atmo quite soon.

22 hours ago, blackrack said:

@themaster401 has got a little something cooking

image.png

Holy.. no way, I was literally just today realizing this could be done using a similar method to rain! Looks amazing

Also got the rain shadows and mist working, just had to remove the BouldCo folder I have some screen coming soon!

Edited by pingopete

2 hours ago, Derden Kerman said:

What are the lowest benchmarks on the volumetric clouds? I have a gt1030 GDDR5 and while I doubt I could run it smoothly I was pleasantly surprised by parallax 2 so was hoping this could be similar

@WarriorSabehas an mx150 iirc, not sure how close that is to a gt 1030. It runs at I think 15-20 fps?

I personally wouldn't recommend it to you with a gt 1030 (at least until it's in public release) because it has noticeable motion artifacts and some trailing/blurriness at lower framerates.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

@WarriorSabehas an mx150 iirc, not sure how close that is to a gt 1030. It runs at I think 15-20 fps?

I personally wouldn't recommend it to you with a gt 1030 (at least until it's in public release) because it has noticeable motion artifacts and some trailing/blurriness at lower framerates.

Yeah, as far as I know the mx150 is fairly comparable to the 1030 (it might be somewhat worse due to being optimized for a laptop). And yeah that was about what I got, 15-25, no parallax and all at default settings (so it may have been better with lower settings, but possibly worse with also parallax) - but I would add, those of us on cards like that are likely to kinda be used to framerates like that already (and the motion artifacts do go away when paused or simply not moving too fast so you can at least still get decent screenshots), and that test may have been further slowed down by external factors since the framerate was slightly lower in space far away from the volumetrics too.

3 hours ago, Derden Kerman said:

What are the lowest benchmarks on the volumetric clouds? I have a gt1030 GDDR5 and while I doubt I could run it smoothly I was pleasantly surprised by parallax 2 so was hoping this could be similar

Basically the final "what it came down to" of that test is on my laptop with a 2gb MX150 (also GDDR5) it was about a 30-40% reduction to framerate compared to the basic EVE redux, depending on whether you consider the high space fps reduction to have been evidence of an external factor to the slowdown or not.