[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

On 1/27/2023 at 12:46 AM, blackrack said:

@WarriorSabehas an mx150 iirc, not sure how close that is to a gt 1030. It runs at I think 15-20 fps?

I personally wouldn't recommend it to you with a gt 1030 (at least until it's in public release) because it has noticeable motion artifacts and some trailing/blurriness at lower framerates.

From my experience with an APU that falls sort of in that range (a bit faster but not much) he can probably play it well at 720p, but beyond that not sure.

I landed on a mountain yesterday peaking through the cloud layer, frickin amazing, the still frame does not do this justice:

9fBY4YI.png

Edited by R-T-B

I’ve got the patreon update of the volumetric clouds.

In Duna, night time doesn’t feel night cause it won’t turn completely dark, the surface and the craft are not shiny but I can see everything clearly as if it had some kind of brightness.

I also have Prallax and I followed the installation steps. Do I need to change some settings or something?

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

In Duna, night time doesn’t feel night cause it won’t turn completely dark, the surface and the craft are not shiny but I can see everything clearly as if it had some kind of brightness.

I also have Prallax and I followed the installation steps. Do I need to change some settings or something?

Screenshots?

4 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Isn't that just the games ambient light setting?  You can set that lower in settings.

6 hours ago, Nonax said:

does the volumetric clouds have support for Amd graphics card?

Yes but what card is it out of curiosity?

2 hours ago, Gunham said:

I have the patreon volumetric update. I like it, however it seems kind of pixelated compared to what I'm used to. Like a little blocky. Is there a setting that I can change?

Lower temporal upscaling https://github.com/LGhassen/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/wiki/Temporal-upscaling-and-noise-detiling

@blackrack I think I finally have it ready:)

I have created 3 different coverage cube maps for 3 different cloud layers based on the original 64k cube maps used on EVO but selecting color ranges for the different cloud altitudes.  Finally adding noise mixed with patterns made the trick for creating random clusters of clouds :)

I'm having a bit of a problem with the current version of EVE and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this/has a solution. I've not found anything searching here or google.

Running the current version of EVE, basic configs from the link in the first post, KSP 1.12.5. No other visual mods. Haven't touched any config options.

When I go onto the night side of Kerbin, all of the lights, including the ones on the spacecraft (interior and exterior) and the KSC itself disappear.

Anyone else seen this?

-K

15 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

@blackrack I think I finally have it ready:)

I have created 3 different coverage cube maps for 3 different cloud layers based on the original 64k cube maps used on EVO but selecting color ranges for the different cloud altitudes.  Finally adding noise mixed with patterns made the trick for creating random clusters of clouds :)

Looks good, now you can think about adding random cumulonimbuses and other interesting vertical formations to spice things up even more, unless you already have

17 hours ago, Professor K said:

I'm having a bit of a problem with the current version of EVE and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this/has a solution. I've not found anything searching here or google.

Running the current version of EVE, basic configs from the link in the first post, KSP 1.12.5. No other visual mods. Haven't touched any config options.

When I go onto the night side of Kerbin, all of the lights, including the ones on the spacecraft (interior and exterior) and the KSC itself disappear.

Anyone else seen this?

-K

Sounds a lot like the old "eclipse / shadow" issue... (see for instance this post). To date I am not aware of a fix for this...

I'll seize the chance to thank blackrack for his truly amazing work, although those clouds will probably never fly on my laptop, with a Radeon RX Vega M... xDDD I'll have to stick to the "integrated" config... Cheers!

3 hours ago, alartor said:

Sounds a lot like the old "eclipse / shadow" issue... (see for instance this post). To date I am not aware of a fix for this...

I'll seize the chance to thank blackrack for his truly amazing work, although those clouds will probably never fly on my laptop, with a Radeon RX Vega M... xDDD I'll have to stick to the "integrated" config... Cheers!

Thank you, I fixed this for scatterer eclipses and will add the fix in eve eclipses at some point.

@blackrack what you and @Gameslinx have achieved with your mods is nothing less than breathing new life into KSP1. Graphics matter as much as gameplay. Immersion matters as much as having fun. What an amazing community and what a great game. I'm sure it's still going to be played for years to come.

Edited by Vl3d

XCtDkef.jpg

Its amazing what you have done. Its so beautiful and adds so much to the game in atmosphere...
It would be nice if we could have rain sound effects and droplets in the screen when going through the rain. It would be awesome.
Its amazing how far the clouds render its the best clouds I've seen! I hope this mod gets updated to Kerbal space program 2 when it comes out as it may be better than the stock game at launch!
Thank you for this amazing mod.

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Heheh I might be working on something

Integration with KWP would also be awesome. Optional of course, since it only works for Kerbin.

Of course anything you do will be awesome... lol.

Edited by R-T-B