[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

Has anyone noticed a problem where the 2d clouds layer appears to be fixed relative to the stars, instead of rotating with the planet? It goes back to normal as soon as I enter the atmosphere. It doesn't happen at launch though, only  (sometimes) when returning  from a trip or loading a quick save already in orbit. I recorded this video a few years ago but it stopped happening  for some reason, today I saw it again:

Edited by mateusviccari

4 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

Has anyone noticed a problem where the 2d clouds layer appears to be fixed relative to the stars, instead of rotating with the planet? It goes back to normal as soon as I enter the atmosphere. It doesn't happen at launch though, only  (sometimes) when returning  from a trip or loading a quick save already in orbit. I recorded this video a few years ago but it stopped happening  for some reason, today I saw it again:

This is a very old bug. Once you get below 160km (when PQS kicks in), it fixes itself. Earlier it was easily reproducable: just load with F9 when you are higher than 160km.
Alternate solution: change scenes (go to KSC, then go back to the craft in flight).

Blackrack is channeling Ami Stewart!

https://g.co/kgs/dKTymU

It's like thunder, lightning, the way he loves us is frightening!

Jeb better knock, knock, knock, knock, knock,

On wood!

You know I'm going to ask for it, lightning strikes!

Electrical system damage!

Seriously though, sweet work! 

Hello!

I'm quite new to ksp modding and have gotten a few mods to run whithout any problems, but I'm having a lot of trouble with getting E.V.E to work properly.

I have tried installing it with CKAN, I have tried installing it manualy and I have tried installling it with different texture files, but no matter what I do, I get the same "no config! please add a config with the contents of "EVE clouds{}" to populate" message!

sn2x7ZU.png

I have checked that the config file it mentions is available in the Game Data folder, but it seems like it's unable to detect it.

Before anyone asks, yes i have tried installing the mods with a fresh version of ksp.

5 hours ago, Snigel said:

Hello!

I'm quite new to ksp modding and have gotten a few mods to run whithout any problems, but I'm having a lot of trouble with getting E.V.E to work properly.

I have tried installing it with CKAN, I have tried installing it manualy and I have tried installling it with different texture files, but no matter what I do, I get the same "no config! please add a config with the contents of "EVE clouds{}" to populate" message!

sn2x7ZU.png

I have checked that the config file it mentions is available in the Game Data folder, but it seems like it's unable to detect it.

Before anyone asks, yes i have tried installing the mods with a fresh version of ksp.

read 

On 3/9/2023 at 9:51 PM, Miza said:

I'm having the same problem with the experimental volumetric clouds and the sky turning black (But Kerbin looking normal from space). I've already deleted previous configs and installed the EVE/Scatterer versions included with the download too, to no avail. I've also forced DX11, and nothing :(
1.jpg

And the game has this gray filter to it in space, too. 

2.jpg

EDIT: Here's my log.

just wondering, what mod are you using for the expanded KSC?

Hey guys, I don't mean to repeat questions if anyone else has asked this before, but how will this mod be affected by the release of KSP2. I assume it will continue to be developed for a little while, until KSP2 becomes more.. user-friendly. [snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

15 hours ago, cadeksp said:

Hey guys, I don't mean to repeat questions if anyone else has asked this before, but how will this mod be affected by the release of KSP2.

The answer's somewhere in the topic, you can verify for yourself.

Safe to say though that if Blackrack were to have any plans to discontinue because of KSP2, then it would be news to me

Edited by Bartybum

On 8/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, blackrack said:

EVE-Redux

This is my continuation of EVE (Environmental Visual Enhancements). This started as a performance-enhanced version of EVE.

See here for EVE (thanks for everything @rbray89).

This build also integrates @R-T-B's and @BIOZ fixes for 1.10.

Information about current EVE-Redux

This version uses a few more modern rendering tricks:

- Cloud shadows are rendered using the depth buffer instead of re-rendering most of the scene's geometry with a projector (saves a lot of CPU time, culling the scene+sending draw calls)

- Celestial shadows are also rendered using the depth buffer instead of re-rendering most of the scene's geometry with a projector (saves a lot of CPU time, culling the scene+sending draw calls)

- All the particles in a volumetric cloud layer are rendered at once in a single draw-call, instead of one draw-call per particle, saving CPU time

- One MeshRenderer and one GameObject per volumetric layer instead of one per particle

- Volumetric particles are rendered at 1/4 the screen resolution then upsampled with a depth-aware filter and composited into the scene, saving GPU power

So how fast is it really?

Reveal hidden contents

My test results:

My own results with an i5-3470 and a GTX 1080 at 1440p, very CPU-bound in KSP. Left is last release, right is this build, framerate can be seen in the corner:

At runway with EVE only, 98 vs 121 fps:

RmtQQf9.jpg

At runway with scatterer+EVE 68 vs 97 fps:

QqWUuq7.jpg

Zoomed out with scatterer+EVE 45 vs 69 fps:

kr377c3.jpg

EVE surface with scatterer+EVE, an absolutely ridiculous 27 vs 87 fps (this scales much better with a higher number of clouds and volumetrics)

BBGXkVn.jpg

Full comparison album: https://imgur.com/a/gl2Yonq

Test results from users:

@Poodmund's test results with stock EVE configs and modified density configs:

MGNuZNa.png

Full post:

Test results with spectra:

@airtrafficcontroller results (15% performance increase in-game): https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/196411-110x-eve-redux-performance-enhanced-eve-build/&do=findComment&comment=3841285

@RyanRising's results (no significant performance difference in-game) https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/196411-110x-eve-redux-performance-enhanced-eve-build-v11111-26082020/&do=findComment&comment=3844819

Test results with SVE:

@TheKurgan's results (~6% performance increase in-game) : https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip110x-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00630-19082020/&do=findComment&comment=3840894

Known issues:

-You might notice a bit of aliasing now that all effects use the depth buffer

-Volumetrics may appear visible from underwater with scatterer

Downloads

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/2631/Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux

Githubhttps://github.com/LGhassen/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/

Configs:

Configs are to be downloaded from the default EVE config:https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/EVE-1.2.2-1/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip or your favourite visual pack

Changelogs:

Reveal hidden contents
***********Redux 1.11.7.1***********
- Fix flickering city lights with Parallax (added a small depth offset)
- Fix volumetrics in VR (thanks @JonnyOthan) for Kerbal-VR https://github.com/JonnyOThan/Kerbal-VR
- Fix a nullref and some game event leaks (Thanks @BrettRyland and @GotMachine)

***********Redux 1.11.6.1***********
-Fixed flickering clouds in reflections (most noticeable on TU parts)

***********Redux 1.11.5.1***********
-Fix compatiblity with 1.10-1.11 (recompile shaders with older unity version)

***********Redux 1.11.4.1***********
-Fix clouds shadows breaking TAA (scatterer/tufx) in low orbit
-Fix BuildManager exception during load (Thanks @al2me6)
-Add terrain ultra material support for 1.9+ (Thanks @Bioz)

***********Redux 1.11.3.1***********
-Fix cityLights not appearing with latest scatterer versions (0.0770+)

***********Redux 1.11.2.1***********
-Fix depth precision issues on cloud shadows
-Cloud shadows are visible all the way instead of only ~20 km around camera
-Fix 2D clouds fading into the planet when zooming out
-Fix issue where clouds are stuck when loading savegame from KSC

***********Redux 1.11.1.1***********
-Volumetrics fade near the camera, more natural transition
-Fix flickering on volumetrics
-Disable mixed-resolution volumetric rendering on OpenGL (buggy)

***********Redux 1.0***********
Performance improvements:
-Cloud shadows are rendered using the depth buffer instead of re-rendering most of the scene's geometry with a projector
-Celestial shadows are also rendered using the depth buffer instead of re-rendering most of the scene's geometry with a projector
-All the particles in a volumetric cloud layer are rendered at once in a single draw-call, instead of one draw-call per particle, saving CPU time
-One MeshRenderer and one GameObject per volumetric layer instead of one per particle
-Volumetric particles are rendered at 1/4 the screen resolution then upsampled with a depth-aware filter and composited into the scene, saving GPU power

Discord:

I don't have an official Discord but I usually hang out in the EVE and scatterer channels of the kopernicus discord so you can find me there, although this server is mostly for modders: https://discord.com/invite/uA69S3zZqf

Donations:

I do this in my spare time, if you like what I do you can support me here:

Patreon:

20TIHMv.png

Paypal:

hOMpXM5.gif

Astronomer's visual pack and Environmental Visual Enhancements aren't working, but occasionally, E.V.E. will work, but only the old clouds show, not the new volumetric ones.

GameData screenshot

KSP.log

i've already got some support for this issue (@Lisias), and apparently, it's a problem with the EVEManager.

Edited by Pluspython68

9 hours ago, SmokeFan said:

I installed this to the game data directory but ther arent any clouds on the planet at all...

You are missing configs and textures. EVE does not provide these. Here is a selection of possible mods you can use. Install only one, not all of them! And yes, the third one should still work.

Edited by woeller

14 hours ago, woeller said:

You are missing configs and textures. EVE does not provide these. Here is a selection of possible mods you can use. Install only one, not all of them! And yes, the third one should still work.

Got it thank you

On 3/16/2023 at 5:50 AM, woeller said:

Do you know if any one of these will run along side Parralax?

On 3/16/2023 at 4:50 AM, woeller said:

AVP would be a better choice! 

SVE has a number of bugs :(

2 hours ago, CD Lin said:

Help. Please help me. I appreciate it.

The ksp version is 1.12.3
I wonder, how do I get the big gas cumulus, city lights, dust, aurora, etc.? I don't know how to configure, maybe I lack some files?

Here is my KSP log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kkukefqj42l24i/KSP.log?dl=0

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE%202

It appears that you are using Real Solar System as well as Astronomer's Visual Pack. AVP only supports stock system, so you have two options:
A) You can switch to other visual pack such as Real Visual Enchancements.
B) You can manually edit the configs for the planets located in GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Stock for them to feature Earth, Venus and others, but that can get a bit tricky.

3 hours ago, BurgerMan12 said:

您似乎正在使用真实的太阳系以及天文学家的视觉包。AVP仅支持库存系统,因此您有两种选择:
A)您可以切换到其他视觉包,例如真实视觉增强。
B)您可以手动编辑位于GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Stock中的行星的配置,以使它们具有地球,金星和其他行星,但这可能会变得有点棘手。

Well, do I need to join a beautifying module called "RSSVE" for the real solar system? Then configure the "RSSVE" file in "EVE", right?
If so, is there documentation on how to configure it?

A large amount of content has been removed, due to being off-topic.

Folks, yet another reminder:

• The topic of this thread is limited to the downloads available in this thread.  If you don't see a link to it in the OP, it's not on-topic here, please don't ask about it.
  • Volumetric clouds are not publicly released and are off topic for this thread.  That's why they're not mentioned in the OP.  Please do not post or ask about them here.

Yes, we understand you're excited, and understandably so.  blackrack makes amazing stuff.  :)  But you'll have to find somewhere outside the KSP forum to discuss matters that are outside the KSP forum.

Please respect the forum rules, and also @blackrack's stated wishes:

On 2/26/2023 at 6:36 AM, blackrack said:

For those who are wondering why things are quiet here, the forum rules don't permit discussion of content that is not publicly/freely available, so I'm limiting discussion in this thread to what you can download here.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 7:40 PM, atomontage said:

This is a very old bug. Once you get below 160km (when PQS kicks in), it fixes itself. Earlier it was easily reproducable: just load with F9 when you are higher than 160km.
Alternate solution: change scenes (go to KSC, then go back to the craft in flight).

Also the Kerbal helmets can't reflect the panet correctly when below 160km. when the 2d layer pops in, the helmet's reflections works well again.

Edited by NaviG