[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

In the sixth episode of the first season of the TV series "Andor", a meteor shower called "Eye" is shown. Can something like this be done here?

Spoiler

scale_2400

scale_2400

By the way, I tested your mod. Looks amazing even on my GT710...

Spoiler

4rFY-GV4720.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

NuZbfc33yU4.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

Slo8LRrFiiY.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

AY0-npNpFSc.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

EYE0A2gtFPE.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

VQD5ZcoR82A.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

cKAhzJ058W8.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

utLhAYb3OTk.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

hWUBAB46TUI.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

My fps. Causes despondency

Spoiler

whP9hmoActo.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

Edited by Ilya_G

Hey Blackrack. I hope you’re having a good day. I was having an issue with the stock config you’ve provided makes the surface of Eve dark to where I can barely see my vehicle. Is there s fix for that? Is it an issue with Scatterer or some weird installation bug? I’m working on an Eve mission and I want to be able to see on the surface without it affecting my mission.  

Edited by CaptWhitmire

On 5/24/2023 at 8:05 PM, CaptWhitmire said:

Hey Blackrack

He doesn't seem to read the messages that are being written here. I think it should be tagged via @...

On 5/24/2023 at 8:05 PM, CaptWhitmire said:

the surface of Eve dark

Let's start with the classics:
1. Reinstall the mods by downloading them from the repository again
As I remember, you have to put these 3 folders:
   BoulderCo
   EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
   Scatterer
2. Delete the temporary Module Manager files in the game
3. Just in case, restart your computer
I would also say about cleaning the registry...but it won't help much

Edited by Ilya_G

28 minutes ago, Ilya_G said:

He doesn't seem to read the messages that are being written here. I think it should be tagged via @...

Let's start with the classics:
1. Reinstall the mods by downloading them from the repository again
As I remember, you have to put these 3 folders:
   BoulderCo
   EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
   Scatterer
2. Delete the temporary Module Manager files in the game
3. Just in case, restart your computer
I would also say about cleaning the registry...but it won't help much

It's the amount of clouds. Could you forward me a text file with a reduction either from 30% or 50% so I can see the surface please?

A large amount of content has been removed, due to being off-topic.

Folks, yet another reminder:

• The topic of this thread is limited to the downloads available in this thread.  If you don't see a link to it in the OP, it's not on-topic here, please don't ask about it.
  • Volumetric clouds are not publicly released and are off topic for this thread.  That's why they're not mentioned in the OP.  Please do not post or ask about them here.

Yes, we understand you're excited, and understandably so.  blackrack makes amazing stuff.  :)  But you'll have to find somewhere outside the KSP forum to discuss matters that are outside the KSP forum.

Please respect the forum rules, and also @blackrack's stated wishes:

On 2/26/2023 at 6:36 AM, blackrack said:

For those who are wondering why things are quiet here, the forum rules don't permit discussion of content that is not publicly/freely available, so I'm limiting discussion in this thread to what you can download here.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Pamper said:

Are the clouds meant to be flat or did I do something wrong??? Because I did have some trouble installing it

The clouds downloadable from here are still the classic 2D. If you downloaded it from patreon than you do have an issue.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gamerikboi said:

i remember the promise of free clouds in the future that was 8 months ago

Hi, welcome to the forums!  So the mod creators here are doing this all on their free time as hobbies not as jobs.  This means they are free to take as long as they need to work on their hobby.  Mod creators are under no obligation to deliver us these amazing mods, it's completely under their good will. 

• 5 weeks later...

Some content has been removed.  Folks, a gentle reminder:

On 4/8/2023 at 8:54 AM, Snark said:

Volumetric clouds are not publicly released and are off topic for this thread.  That's why they're not mentioned in the OP.  Please do not post or ask about them here.

• 3 weeks later...

So uh... is anything happening with this mod atm?  I've not heard so much as a peep in many months,  just some quick preview videos on YT.    Is there another thread or forum somewhere where active discussion has relocated?

Edited by mcbmaestro

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 7:45 AM, Snark said:

Some content has been removed.  Folks, a gentle reminder:

I’ll direct your attention to this post just two posts above this one.     

Some content has been removed.    If you find content that is against the forum rules, do not comment on it.     That just starts arguments.    Use the report button, and let the mods handle it.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed that the followdetail option for the original volumetric clouds no longer works? Regardless if it's set to true or false, the particles appear solely based on the main texture and not the detail texture.

From my memory, it's been like this for a long time now, but I can't find any mention of the problem elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KSRSS city lights glowing? on dayside of earth, I think it's a config fault, or the lights don't know when the night ends? I really don't know, but it looks terrible. Any help? 6SzObjx.jpg

ZpnyhIo.png

Edited by Kakub

2 hours ago, Kakub said:

KSRSS city lights glowing? on dayside of earth, I think it's a config fault, or the lights don't know when the night ends? I really don't know, but it looks terrible. Any help?

I have a couple thoughts.

The folder named "Retro" is in the wrong place. Here's a quote from the wiki for Katniss Cape for KSRSS:

!!!!! Instructions: Place the Retro/Modern folder into KatnisssCapeCanaveral/Instances !!!!!

(there is no Modern folder, so this only applies to the Retro folder)

Also, this folder _LOCAL doesn't belong here as it's not a mod folder.

Lastly, I would definitely recommend trying your install *without* the KSRSS-64K folder and see if it looks better/the same to you. I don't believe the mod authors have said anything in public but I have definitely seen them say it's no longer supported on Reborn, and indeed it trashed some of my visuals when I had it installed. Should be a quick/simple test to see if it makes a difference for you, too.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers