Jump to content

[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)


blackrack
 Share

Recommended Posts

I like it. Time to fry my GPU!

By the way, I am very much aware of the fact this is all massively WIP, but these clouds are a bit too smooth right now. This is especially apparent in screenshots 1 and 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Those clouds are incredible! Guess I need to go find a new GPU...... Or at least one newer than my current 770.

Same, bad time to be shopping for a GPU though.

16 hours ago, Benzo Kerman said:

Don't mean to be a bother, but is there any ETA? I am just very excited for this!

When it's ready ™

17 hours ago, Delay said:

I like it. Time to fry my GPU!

By the way, I am very much aware of the fact this is all massively WIP, but these clouds are a bit too smooth right now. This is especially apparent in screenshots 1 and 3.

I think I now what you mean but that's the least of my worries right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Those clouds are incredible! Guess I need to go find a new GPU...... Or at least one newer than my current 770.

I've got to go get a GPU!

Spoiler

I have an Intel Iris Xe, integrated, I think.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The new clouds look great, a massive improvement over the 2d clouds we currently have thanks to EVE.

Will it be possible to generate volumetric vapor cones for the rockets and aircraft ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 11:07 PM, ltajax said:

The new clouds look great, a massive improvement over the 2d clouds we currently have thanks to EVE.

Will it be possible to generate volumetric vapor cones for the rockets and aircraft ?

Vapor cones? You mean for mach effects? That doesn't even need raymarching imo, the mach effect don't need to self shadow and they look pretty smooth.

Volumetric smoke trails though could be an idea, but maybe for later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 7:28 AM, blackrack said:

Same, bad time to be shopping for a GPU though.

This is more than a little OT but...  What's your country blackrack?  Send me a PM.  If shipping isn't outrageous, I can cut you a deal on my old RTX 2080 Super.  I'm sure I could help a fellow dev out, and not act like a scalper while doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

This is more than a little OT but...  What's your country blackrack?  Send me a PM.  If shipping isn't outrageous, I can cut you a deal on my old RTX 2080 Super.  I'm sure I could help a fellow dev out, and not act like a scalper while doing it.

That's a very generous offer R-T-B, I appreciate it. Sending you a PM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember when your old PC went up in smoke and I offered you my old 560Ti, makes you realize how long these projects have been going on for. :D 

Blackrack developing on a great rig would be super 'pog', as they say.

Edited by Poodmund
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I remember when your old PC went up in smoke and I offered you my old 560Ti, makes you realize how long these projects have been going on for. :D 

560 Ti... Damn those were the days :D

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

 Blackrack developing on a great rig would be super 'pog', as they say.

Be careful what you wish for, system requirements may suddenly start ballooning :P

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

Using TUFX and Eve, my space center looks really hazy. Any way to remove this?

Maybe try turning down the TUFX bloom a bit. Something does look a little amiss though besides the bloom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TEFS_343 said:

Is there any way to change the render order of the City Lights so that they are rendered on top of the ground so that it does not cause z fighting and conflict with Parallax?

I was wondering the same.  If it's not easy I understand but would be nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, R-T-B said:

I was wondering the same.  If it's not easy I understand but would be nice.

 

8 hours ago, TEFS_343 said:

Is there any way to change the render order of the City Lights so that they are rendered on top of the ground so that it does not cause z fighting and conflict with Parallax?

I could add a z offset to the city lights shader, it may cause minor issues in other place but will probably be better than how it is now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2022 at 10:06 AM, blackrack said:

Be careful what you wish for, system requirements may suddenly start ballooning :P

Now I'm questioning if this was a good idea lol.

Kidding of course.  I know you will always optimize as much as possible and then some.  You are a real graphics guru in that regard.

12 hours ago, blackrack said:

I could add a z offset to the city lights shader, it may cause minor issues in other place but will probably be better than how it is now.

Yeah, might not be a bad idea.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:25 AM, eberkain said:

And here I am still using a 970 because you can't just go buy a 30 series at a sane price. 

I hear you.  The market is insane right now.  I have ties via my old job (I was an IT news/review writer) to buy review hardware after it goes under the microscope, that's how I got my 3070.  I know I am super lucky and that is why I am helping blackrack out.  Way better than selling it at a high price only to go to a crypto miner or something.

btw, for 1080p, there is still far worse than a 970.  I've seen some very sad gaming rigs as of late...  not even considering the igpus.

/OT

Edited by R-T-B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've installed the file from GitHub and moved the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder into my game data folder but I'm not getting any of the desired effects.

I do see the EVE button on the tool bar on the KSC view but it says that I need configs to make it work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

I'm not getting any of the desired effects.

That's because EVE doesn't have built-in effects like clouds or auroras, since it's only comes as a Plugin.

You need a Visual mod like AVP, Spectra, SVE, since these mods i've mentioned here already has configs that adds those effects.

Having just EVE alone without any Visual mod will give you nothing but a icon on the toolbar.

Edited by Venusian Explorer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone help me?   Never used to have issues but having big ones now.

I downloaded EVE-Redux, Astronomers VP, AVP 4K texture pack.  

The skybox loads,  but the clouds do not.   When I go to EVE settings,  under "textures"  it says "Invalid name!"  For almost all the listings.   When I go to "clouds" settings,  the main clouds listing is red colored,  meaning it's not loaded I'm guessing.

What am I doing wrong???

Update.. Well Spectra is working so I guess it's some issue with AVP.   I really don't like the look of this tho,  especially the surface of Kerbin has way too much funky coloring for me.   I wish I could just get AVP to work...

Where is the newest version of AVP located?

Edited by mcbmaestro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some fresh screens, I largely got the technical aspects and performance down (this is framerate on a gtx 1060 3gb), still fiddling with shapes though.

jzMsmtS.png

1CWNped.png

9SuL3yt.png

Zp30zst.png

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2022 at 11:50 AM, blackrack said:

Some fresh screens, I largely got the technical aspects and performance down (this is framerate on a gtx 1060 3gb), still fiddling with shapes though.

jzMsmtS.png

1CWNped.png

9SuL3yt.png

Zp30zst.png

Oh wow, that's better performance than I expected. My card's significantly worse but based on that it should still be comparable to current performance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WarriorSabe said:

Oh wow, that's better performance than I expected. My card's significantly worse but based on that it should still be comparable to current performance

It's definitely better than I expected as well. There are a few things to keep in mind though:

- This is running alone in unity editor, I expect half this performance in-game with scatterer on default settings.

- This does a lot of texture reads but they are optimized to hit the GPU cache, so cache performance is very important. Performance may not scale down or up linearly when the cache hits its limit.

- This relies heavily on temporal accumulation and upscaling, on lower framerates blurring and smearing may be more visible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...