[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

28 minutes ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

something about the blend between the clouds and the ground is off.  I belive the colour of the shadow doesnt correlate with whats under it. 

Hide contents

Chuanxi-grassland-mountains-clouds-shado

stock-photo-gray-beautiful-clouds-over-t

Seems like it has to be darker 

Darker? So the post above it by two posts?

5 minutes ago, MrPoker said:

It's a foliage update on parallax mod. You either have to wait or be his patron for 3 euros to grant early access.  

Thanks for the info!

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

Decided to go for a quick flight just after

keIB3Mm.png

zuq6onY.png

SWW8FHE.png

SzjCyqQ.png

fm3X7qL.png

mmcTW6p.png

CbLCpVR.png

Ended up landing in this picturesque meadow

PfdO7hM.png

Trees and grass by @Gameslinx

This looks really amazing. I originally found out you were working on all of this on the KSP subreddit, and have been following here ever since. Not disappointed whatsoever.

One question I have, though, is regarding the bottoms of the cloud formations.  Right now, the flat bottom of the clouds looks sort of uniform and flat. I know that clouds having a flat bottom is pretty true to life in a lot of cases, but, to me, it can seem just a bit two-dimensional. Are you planning to add a level of variation to the bottoms of these clouds, as to add a little more depth? Also, I am completely unfamiliar to Unity (and, honestly, most coding/programming/practical game design in general), so if there are limitations in that regard that I am unaware of, that is really my bad!

Again, seeing these screenshots on a regular basis gets me so excited for whenever this gets released. I look forward to seeing more about it! Thanks again.

4 hours ago, KSACheese said:

This looks really amazing. I originally found out you were working on all of this on the KSP subreddit, and have been following here ever since. Not disappointed whatsoever.

One question I have, though, is regarding the bottoms of the cloud formations.  Right now, the flat bottom of the clouds looks sort of uniform and flat. I know that clouds having a flat bottom is pretty true to life in a lot of cases, but, to me, it can seem just a bit two-dimensional. Are you planning to add a level of variation to the bottoms of these clouds, as to add a little more depth? Also, I am completely unfamiliar to Unity (and, honestly, most coding/programming/practical game design in general), so if there are limitations in that regard that I am unaware of, that is really my bad!

Again, seeing these screenshots on a regular basis gets me so excited for whenever this gets released. I look forward to seeing more about it! Thanks again.

Short answer is: I'm doing this in stages, I'm trying to nail the shading and technical aspects before the artistic aspects. The system I've got in place allows to configure and place various types of clouds but I haven't really focused on configs yet.

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

One of the weirdest visual looks in modded KSP was the mountains piercing through the cloud layers from high up. If you are able to soften this hard transition then it will look great! :D 

Likely not worth the performance hit ;)

Edited: Just flew by one and it looked cursed :D maybe for a later version though

Edited by blackrack

On 5/16/2022 at 3:00 PM, blackrack said:

Decided to go for a quick flight just after

keIB3Mm.png

zuq6onY.png

SWW8FHE.png

SzjCyqQ.png

fm3X7qL.png

mmcTW6p.png

CbLCpVR.png

Ended up landing in this picturesque meadow

PfdO7hM.png

Trees and grass by @Gameslinx

There's something so immensely immersive about even the smallest clusters of 3d clouds in the game - the fifth image, just soaring along past puffs of cloud - something so small adds so much to the experience. Is there an experimental build of this you're willing to share? I would love to have even this in-development work in the game; but of course seeing how it looks already I'm quite excited to see what you do with it in the future (:

9 hours ago, N9 Gaming said:

There's something so immensely immersive about even the smallest clusters of 3d clouds in the game - the fifth image, just soaring along past puffs of cloud - something so small adds so much to the experience. Is there an experimental build of this you're willing to share? I would love to have even this in-development work in the game; but of course seeing how it looks already I'm quite excited to see what you do with it in the future (:

I also found those isolated puffs very effective as clouds often present like that on sunny days, definitely going to try and have a balance of different types for the release.

It's not ready for an experimental build or release yet however, so just have patience ^^

Just now, blackrack said:

I also found those isolated puffs very effective as clouds often present like that on sunny days, definitely going to try and have a balance of different types for the release.

It's not ready for an experimental build or release yet however, so just have patience ^^

Good to hear! I shall be watching your career with great interest ;)